Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op Gastric Sleeve Surgery Preparation - Grocery List

I am having surgery on December 28th and I am trying my hardest to get everything prepared and ready for when I get home.

What are some things that I should purchase and have in my home to eat/drink when I get out of the hospital.

I will come home on a full liquid diet, which includes Soups. I will convert to mushies two weeks later.

Also, if there are other items that are non-food related that you found helpful, please share them as well.

I am jealous that you get to come home to full liquids! I have Clear liquids for a week first.

The loser's bench side will respond, but here is what i did. I am somewhat worried because I hear so often that our tastes change post-op and that things that were good pre=op won't be palatable post-op, but I wanted to have stuff on hand too.

I have:

2 cases of Isopure RTD Zero Carb (orange and grape)

2 cases of Premier Protein RTD from costco (which I am regretting -- eww)

A big set of samples from Vitalady -- my favorite purchase so far - REALLY like myofusion samples.

nectar samples of the fruit flavors

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup

Unjury Unflavored

Body Fortress vanilla

Target whey Protein powder -- chocolate

New Whey Protein Bullets

Jello -- both premade and not

sugar free pudding

eggs

Crystal Light

broth

Mini plates, bowls, silverware, etc from Bed Bath and Beyond

Magic bullet (life saver so far during pre-op)

Boxes of smooth Soup that are pourable so I hopefully don't waste too much -- pacific natural brands I think? Tomato/Red Pepper, Black Bean and Carrot Cashew Ginger

Soup in hand cans of creamy Tomato

Honestly though, I am hoping I can hear that I can do the same thing post-op I did pre-op when I get to post op full liquids, which is get Soups from places I really like, like PF Changs Hot and Soup Soup, and blend them and add unflavored protein. I don't know if that will be allowed post op though.

My heating pad...not really a grocery item but it is a life saver! Also the Jello and yogurt I loved prep I can not stand postop. Cream of wheat with a little butter and Splenda....yum!

bodyfortress Protein shots-26 g each, an easy way to get protein and tastes great!! sugar free popsicles and s free Jello, especially the peach flavor... Powerade or Vitamin Water zero are also great!! best wishes on your journey!!!