Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ez Chicken Enchilada Stew

As a prototypical single male for whom a meal is often eating tuna out of the can, EZ is essential.

I have found this EZ chicken Enchilada Stew to be tasty and it provides decent stats for the VSGer

Makes 4, 6.5 oz servings Fat-7 Carb-5 Protien-16

$1.48 Progresso Chicken cheese Enchilada Flavor Soup (WalMart)

$1.98 Tyson 7oz Premium Chunk White Chicken (WalMart) [12oz can drained is an OK substitute]

Apx $0.90 a meal

Add chicken to soup and heat on the stove top.

After chicken warms through, break it up w/ spatula

I add a little cumin, chile powder and black pepper.

It tastes better after the chicken has set in the soup over night.

A few non sleeve friends have started eating it. They have it over rice or Pasta.< /p>

FM

Ckn_enh_stew.jpg

Thats my type of meal! I just know I'm going to be stuck cooking 2 separate meals, for my family and for me.

I do something similar with Hormel White chicken Chili and the canned chicken. Easy, absolutely awesome tasting and very satisfying. Something about it being warm and spicy...just makes me feel good. Kathe

I do something similar with Hormel White chicken Chili and the canned chicken.

I have a can of that in the cabinet and will be trying it with extra chicken tomorrow night!

EDITED TO ADD

Just tried GrannyK's idea... pretty darn good!

Makes 4, 5.5 oz servings

170 Calories Fat-5 Carb-9 Protien-22

$1.98 Hormel White Chicken Chili (WalMart)

$1.98 Tyson 7oz Premium Chunk White Chicken (WalMart)

Apx $1 a meal

I added chile powder, touch of sea salt and black pepper.

FM

2x_ckhn_chile.jpg

Edited by FlawedMan

Hi Debi.

I am only marginally domesticated, so I grocery shop only at Walmart (and begrudgingly so).

For what it is worth at my WalMart it is on a lower shelf and easy to overlook. I first saw it when a single can was setting out of place on an upper shelf.

Maybe others can chime in with better info.

FM

Does anyone else shop at costco and/or Sam's Club? We buy their canned chicken and turkey for quick additions to Soups and salads, but I am still on liquids so haven't tried them post-op. Are they as moist as the Tyson? I've never bought the Tyson stuff.

Looks like you are paying $2 for 7 oz, and the canned breast meat at Sam's/Costco is ~$2 for a 13oz can (in a multi-pack of like 5 or 6 cans). I realize the cans need to be drained now so part of that weight must be Water but not that much.

From my brief and unscientific experience. The pouch and the cans deliver very close to the same amount of chicken (after draining).

I like the pouches because it is a couple less steps between me and meal time. I use the 2.5 ounce pouches of tuna as take alongs for lunch or Snacks, $.88 each for the Bumble Bee.

I can see nothing wrong with using the cans if you don't mind draining.

FM