Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Makes Us Perfect?

Hi Everyone,

I think so many of us feel that “if we just lose the weight” everything will be perfect and so will we. Today I post this on Facebook. food and thought to myself “what have I done to myself????” I will NEVER be able to eat like that again. That was my “OLD” brain doing my thinking. About a month later, I was thrilled that I could NEVER consume all the food every again. cool2.gif

This is a challenge, and with time it really becomes a way of life. Holidays are probably the hardest to do. We as a society seem to Celebrate every Holiday with a lot of unhealthy food. I keep saying we have to make this a lifestyle change and be comfortable with it, so we can eat like this for the rest of our life.angel.gif

I have found that being older exercise is really important to me. Without exercise, I just don’t feel good. It helps me also maintain my weight loss. I know that there are people who say they do not exercise, they may find out as they get older they may need it. party4.gif

I have been asked how did I know what I wanted for a goal weight. I thought when I feel good and comfortable that is going to be my goal weight. I still go up and down about 5 pounds depending on what I am doing. I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago. I know for a fact I would not feel as good and healthy as I do now at age 66 if I would have not had this surgery.heart.gifheart.gif

Don’t waste your time thinking or wanting to be perfect. Be your true self. Be proud of your accomplishments. I think the thing I am most thankful is, my good health and my body does NOT hurt anymore. I spent a month in Europe in Sept 2011 and walked all over the place—a dream come true vacation! I could have never done this if I would have not lost this weight.jump.gif

Happy Holidays and Hugs to you,party.gifhttp://images.obesit...y/msn/heart.gif

Suzanne

Sleeved 10/21/2008

Lost 105 pounds

Thank you for this post! It was really encouraging. I hope to be the best I can be, but don't strive to be perfect. That will just set me up to fail because no one is perfect. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!