Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your Favorite Meal After Being Gastric Sleeved?

I also have a tendency to eat the same thing for a while with no complaint. Every day for lunch I have cottage cheese with multigrain crackers. There are also days that I eat nothing but several servings of egg drop Soup pr deviled eggs. I love not having to think of what to eat everyday.

Lately, I have been loving crab stuffed mushrooms and crab cakes....also, eggface's pizzas are really good. I've been making my own version w/turkey sausage and mushrooms.

my favorite food before and after surgery has been chicken. But since being sleeved, my favorite way of having it has been simply smoked chicken from our local BBQ places. As cheap as buying a chicken at the store and cooking myself almost, and its so delicious to me with white sauce. A half a chicken is $4 and it lasts me for numerous meals.. Coming in a close second is simply string cheese!! I take it everywhere I go and have it everyday. I get the Frigo cheese head kind and I don't do the Light version. I get the regular. My other fav is cottage cheese with stuff mixed in. Applesauce or Spiced apple butter. These things may not have even sounded all that great to me pre-op but they are delicious to me now. And I do have a handful of stuff that I eat over and over again. I don't get tired of the same stuff either. Food just doesn't have the same appeal and I don't really crave stuff like I used to. I love my sleeve!!

:)

I love to make eggface's egg bites (they are made in a mini muffin pan). I make a batch of 24 on Sunday and its my Breakfast on the go all week. I eat 3. I've made the ones with ham and cheese, sausage and cheese, and turkey pepperoni and cheese. They are so good. BBQ turkey mini meatloaf is another one I love. You use a regular muffin pan and they are the perfect size.

I have a recipe for chicken breast wrapped around cheese, ham, and a little mustard, baked with panko crumbs on the top - YUM! And so easy, takes me under 30 minutes total, and my husband loves it too.

I also do turkey meatballs a lot - two microwaved with a tablespoon or so of jarred spaghetti sauce and a generous sprinkling of cheese - dinner in a minute right out of the freezer.

Escape Pod- i would love that chicken recipe..sounds simple and good...which brand of turkey meatballs do you like? thanks..

My taste buds are changing for the better. I love dried fruit and nuts now. Before I would have had suggary, fatty food. These all make me feel very ill since surgery. I also used to love chicken but my sleeve doesnt like it too much but loves turkey, duck and pork.

This is going to sound gross and it takes two meals for me to eat it....

hamburger patty grilled, topped with 1 slice of cheese and then I fry an egg with pam and put it on top of the cheese burger patty.....really full of fat but also full of Protein...

I love shrimp. I get the frozen ready to eat ones run them under cool Water to defrost and eat like they are full of Protein. Sheritaki noodles are great as well when i have a hankering for italian

My favs are many of the eggface bites. Currently in my fridge: pizza, patty melt and Philly cheese steak. I just LOVE her recipes....my life has changed since finding her site!!!

theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

chicken, Ham & Swiss Rolls

http://www.bariatriceating.com/BErecipes/recipefiles/chicken--turkey/chicken-ham--swiss-rolls/90/index.html

Chicken, Ham & Swiss Rolls

Pounding the chicken breast makes it very tender plus the ham and cheese keep it juicy and moist. If you need a dipping sauce, a small dollop of equal parts Dijon mustard and Mayonnaise works well and adds flavor.

4 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves

Dijon or whole grained mustard

4 slices deli ham

4 slices Swiss cheese

1 tablespoon butter, melted

¼ cup Panko or fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice of sandwich bread pulsed in the food processor)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap; working from the center to the edges, lightly pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a small heavy skillet to a uniform ¼ inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.

Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each chicken piece then smear with mustard; fold in the sides and roll up jelly-roll style, securing both ends with toothpicks. Arrange chicken rolls in a shallow baking dish; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the fresh or Panko crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken rolls are cooked though. Cut each roll into ½ inch thick slices and fan out on individual plates.

WLS ½ roll portion, about 4 ounces: Calories 157, fat 7 g, carbs 2 g, Protein 20 g

Serves 4

For me, I've always liked eggs - however - since being sleeved I seriously can eat these every day and never get tired of them. I know this for a fact because I DO eat them nearly every single day and when I don't for a day, I miss them. I!! ABSOLUTELY!! LOVE!! EGGS!! I don't know what it is but I'm quite certain I'm having a love affair with them. LOL wink.png It provides my body with possibly the best source of Protein and I'm sure my body appreciates it, so my brain indulges a little bit. I mean, I can think of a lot worse things I can indulge in!!!

I drink a yogurt smoothie made with greek yogurt, splash of OJ, couple of strawberries, and Splenda every day for Breakfast. I started with 1/2 c. yogurt and am up to 1 cup of yogurt. Now that I'm further out, I also have 1/2 slice of whole wheat toast with it and a Soy Latte when I first get up.

For lunch, my fav is Gallo Light Salami, a light string cheese, and a few whole wheat crackers. I started with one ounce of salami, but I now can eat two ounces of salami and a little fruit, such as 1/4 apple or orange or 1/2 a small tangerine.

For dinner, my fav is ground beef (we grind our own) with a little bit of vegetables.

I also love to get a costco roasted chicken and use the meat in Soup, chicken salad, or on its own with bbq or other sauce.

Lynda

I have migrated into the "five small snack-sized meals a day" routine that seems to keep everything steady. :-) My favorites are a handful of almonds or mixed nuts, an ounce of cheese, or 1/4 c. of beans--I always have some cooked Beans in the fridge. My sleeve prefers dairy and vegetable Protein, which is a big change from pre-sleeve (Irene, I'm so jealous of your eggs! I love them and sleevie hates them!!!).

Other favs: Soup--BIGGEST helper food ever, spinach dip (great Iron and Protein source), and grapefruit--can't seem to get enough! Oh, and yogurt; I can almost finish a 6-ounce container now. We also just got a Red Mango frozen yogurt place, and I love that--I can get a me-size serving with sliced almonds and some fruit on top and enjoy!!

I loved Mc Donalds french fries pre surgery, I don't like the greasy taste now.

I loved all style of eggs before, now I can only have fried over medium and I can't eat the whole egg.

I would drink milk with every meal pre surgery, after, I can't have milk with lactose, but I can have cheese and yogurt.

I love my sleeve and I have learned a new happines with different food. My favorite right now is 2 crackers, each has 1/4 of a wedge of laughing cow and a little prosciutto on top. Fills me up and is very flavorful. I do miss popcorn and the joy of throwing it up and eating it.