Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 Days Post Gastric Sleeve Op And Have Question About The Weight Loss

I went to my 2 week apt. post op and loss 18 1/2 pounds, now a week later i have lost like a pound. Is theere anything wrong with that or not normal? Not sure what is wrong I have been going to the gym as much as my schedule lets me and not barely eating anything cause I get so full so easily.

If anyone has any advice or something please let me know I am so confused and worried bout losing the weight

Same thing happened to me. Big loss first week out and then second and third just a couplepounds. Seems like from what I have seen here that is not uncommon. It is sort of the body catching up. I am just short of 2 mos. and have a steady weekly loss of about 5 pounds. Even went on vacation last week and lost 5 pounds. I have to admit I am not into exercising at all and have continued to lose. I pretty much just drink in the morning, a cup of coffee, a 15 gm Protein Drink and a whole lot of Water. At luch a couple spoons of tuna, dinner is either a couple bites of what I am fixing for husband or a couple bites of fish and cottage cheese and sometimes a little veggie. Believe me I have learned to just keep it at a couple bites at a time. If you take that one extra bite you will have horrible discomfort for about 15 minutes till it settles. Watch the bread, very filling and seems to sit there. I was a huge meat eater and now have no taste for it. Last nite was steak and I didn't even have a bite, had fish and veggies. The real ones benefiting from this are my dogs. After my couple of bites, they get the rest.....

I'm 20 days out. On my 2 wks follow up I lost 15 lbs. Now it seems like a stall. I still have faith though. I'm staying away from the scales for now until my 4 wk post op appt. Sorry I don't have much to offer but hang in there.

Ah, the infamous week three stall. Many of us have experienced it. I think it is really just your body adjusting to all the changes that are going on. I mean think about it, first we put it through the pre-op diet, then the post-op of liquids only, moving up to soft foods, etc. Our bodies are wondering what the heck we are doing and it needs time to adjust. Seriously, many, many of us have had a stall around the third week. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. Also, make sure you are checking your measurements. While the scale may not be moving, you may still be losing inches.

Ah, the infamous week three stall. Many of us have experienced it. I think it is really just your body adjusting to all the changes that are going on. I mean think about it, first we put it through the pre-op diet, then the post-op of liquids only, moving up to soft foods, etc. Our bodies are wondering what the heck we are doing and it needs time to adjust. Seriously, many, many of us have had a stall around the third week. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be fine. Also, make sure you are checking your measurements. While the scale may not be moving, you may still be losing inches.

Thanks Susan. This makes a lot of sense. I was confused also but just felt everything would be ok..

yep, had the same thing here. our bodies are like wtf? what are you doing to me?

lol

Lele! I'm doing the exact same thing! I lost 22 pounds the first two weeks then when I started the mushies....nothing...not a pound in 8 days! Then this morning when I weighed in I had gained 1.6 pounds!

GURRRRRRR!!!!!!!

yep! it happens to the best of us...

Renee, How close are you to TOM? Lots of ladies notice a couple of pound increase just before because we are retaining Water, then most see a loss immediately afterwards.

That three week stall is a booger, isn't it!? I was so worried about mine, but just kept doing the Water, doing the Protein, and then I had a big drop, 4 or 5 pounds, IIRC.

I hit another one at the end of my 2nd month/beginning of the 3rd month, so I upped my walking and gained a pound. My regular doc told me that I wouldn't lose until I backed off the walking for a few days. I rolled my eyes when he told me that muscle weighs more than fat, but he's right. And, during that second stall, I lost inches in a hurry! That's when I dropped the second pants size, so always check your measurements when you stall on the scale.

Also, always look for those NSV's (non scale victories). I've had tons of them lately and I make sure to keep my eyes open for them. Something as simple as being able to slide into a booth in a restaurant will thrill me, although I might not say anything to my dining companions. I was thrilled to be able to buy a belt...and then it was too big the first time I wore it! :) I had to adjust my car seat because I not longer need to sit way to one side so that the seat belt latch doesn't dig into my tush. Those are all somewhat silly, but they are the things that make me go YEAH!

Good luck to you all! :)

I am in my 3 week stall too. I lost @ 25 in 2 weeks and then now just about 1 pound the last week. I was eating carbs in Soup, so I went ahead and dropped it back down to 3 protien drinks, some eggs and cottage cheese yesterday. scale was on the move down again this a.m. I am able to eat more than most i"ve seen on here though. I had 2 eggs last night without any discomfort.