Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Do Your Meals Consist Of?

I am almost 3 months out and to the point there are no foods off limits. I struggle with trying to figure out what to eat at each meal. My doc says Protein first (1/2 plate), then veggies (1/4 plate), then carb (1/4 plate). Doing that is okay but I was just wanting some meal ideas to mix it up. Kind of getting in a rut with eating and don't want to stall. Thanks!

i just bought some Kashi Cereal for Breakfast and tried it with a little milk. I usually have 1 egg, a small piece of cheese and sometimes a turkey sausage.

For lunches, I do lots of different things: a hamburger without the bun, a piece or two of deli meat rolled up with some cheese, cup of Soup, or a Protein bar if I'm out and about.

dinner can be anything. I will eat leftovers from another meal, a hamburger (no bun again), a pot pie (mostly because they have veggies in them). I find that if I've worked out too late in the day, I don't really want to eat. Not that I'm working out all THAT hard, but I find that it's a great appetite depressant.

The best I can advise is to try the foods you liked before, just in smaller amounts. I don't have to worry about cooking for other people usually, so I don't have kids or hubby at home to worry about. I do lots of stuff on my little electric grill.

Good luck on your journey!! :)

I eat the same thing for Breakfast almost every day: Greek Yogurt and 1/2 piece whole wheat toast. Before breakfast I have a Soy Latte. If i have room, I also eat 1/3 banana, but most days that's a bit too much.

For lunch, I often have lowfat salami and lowfat string cheese, 1/4 apple, and the other 1/2 piece of whole wheat toast. I also like tuna mixed with lowfat mayo and honey mustard and whole wheat crackers on the side.

dinner varies. I have fish, chicken, shellfish, beef, or pork cooked in a number of different methods. Then I have a little fresh vegetables and about 1/4 cup of something starchy, such as noodles, bread, potatoes, or winter squash.

Sometimes I have chili or Beans for dinner or lunch. I also like Anderson's Split Pea Soup because it's high in Protein.

At dinner tonight I had a chicken thigh that I dusted with cajun seasoning, thyme, and oregano and grilled in the basket on my Showtime grill. I had 1/4 cup noodles and sauce from a boxed mix and two fresh asparagus spears. I didn't eat the chicken skin.

On Friday I had a ground beef patty on wilted spinach with 1/3 small baked potato.

On Wednesday I had PF Changs Ooolong Tea Marinated Sea Bass, which is served on a bed of spinach and about 1 cup of edamame in the pod.

Lynda

I'm going to Lynda's house to eat! :)

I'm going to Lynda's house to eat! :smile1:

Me too! That's a Norcal girl! I'd like to know where the heck was she when I lived there. I was THE ONLY fat person in a 20 mile radius! :focus:

For Breakfast i usually eat 1 egg with slice cheese mixed with 1/4c grits. lunch is usually salad(lettuce,carrots) with either chicken or turkey and i like to add a few pretzels just for crunch and carb. Supper-I eat left overs or sometimes just a Atkins shake or bar. some days i don't feel i get enough cals in but i love love love salads! with NO dressing either.