Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Here In San Diego....tues Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Dr Aceves! Yea!

Ok ya'll...wow the time has finally come. I can't believe I am actually about to do the damn thing. I am so excited. At first yesterday when I left home I was feeling down. But as the day moved forward I was feeling better in better. My life is about to change for the better. I am going to be fabulous. I can't wait. God is good and my life is good and I have so much to be thankful for. I will be picked up tomorrow morning and will be heading down to Mexicali. Wow I will be sleeved come tuesday by Dr Aceves. WOOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!!. It seems so surreal I just can't believe it!!!! The trip across the country was ok until we did our transfer. OMG I almost could not snap the seat belt....i was like if I had to ask for a seat bealt extender i would have been mortified. Besides do they still have seat belt extenders?? Anywhoo thankfully we will be taking another plane home and hopefully the seat belt is better. Other then that. I am excited...too bad its cold here in Cali and cloudy but who cares I AM HERE. FIrst time in Cali and I'm gonna have some fun. LIfe is good. I do have the last residual effects of a cold I am gettting over and I am congested, I hope this does pose a problem for surgery. I have a cough and I am a little stuffy. I hope ill be ok,

Btw I am recording my journey and posting on youtube under MsLadyKanKan if anybody wants to check me out. You'll get a chance to see the hospital and all that stuff. Ok there u have it. Send prayers up and I'll give an update after it's over.

Good luck!!! I'll be tuning in to ur YouTube!!

MsLady, I'm so excited for you! And since I'm right behind you (Dec 1st) I'll be all over your vlog. I find myself getting more excited each day, with only minor freak outs here and there.

Enjoy the excitement and the dreaming of things that WILL come true!

Here's wishing you a safe and happy first step to fabulous!!

Thanks ladies.....Seraphina i feel u on the freaking out. I was freaking out even on my way down here.Its so normal. But, I noI'll be alright I am soooo excited and happy! I'll be putting up another video but my computer is taking extra long to download. Might not be able to upload until i get back state side. Anyway I will keep ya'll posted. Stay tuned to my vlog....

congrats... the hard part for me was getting there ... because i was very scared ... but prayed about it and asked god for peace and he gave it to me my surgery was uneventful ... and i've had much success with my sleeve.. Dr Aceves and his team are awesome ... tell him shermichael says hi and thanks :)

All the nervous feelings are very normal. Dr. Aceves and his team are great and you are in wonderful hands. Best of luck to you. See you on the slim side!

Ok ya'll...wow the time has finally come. I can't believe I am actually about to do the damn thing. I am so excited. At first yesterday when I left home I was feeling down. But as the day moved forward I was feeling better in better. My life is about to change for the better. I am going to be fabulous. I can't wait. God is good and my life is good and I have so much to be thankful for. I will be picked up tomorrow morning and will be heading down to Mexicali. Wow I will be sleeved come tuesday by Dr Aceves. WOOOOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!!. It seems so surreal I just can't believe it!!!! The trip across the country was ok until we did our transfer. OMG I almost could not snap the seat belt....i was like if I had to ask for a seat bealt extender i would have been mortified. Besides do they still have seat belt extenders?? Anywhoo thankfully we will be taking another plane home and hopefully the seat belt is better. Other then that. I am excited...too bad its cold here in Cali and cloudy but who cares I AM HERE. FIrst time in Cali and I'm gonna have some fun. LIfe is good. I do have the last residual effects of a cold I am gettting over and I am congested, I hope this does pose a problem for surgery. I have a cough and I am a little stuffy. I hope ill be ok,

Btw I am recording my journey and posting on youtube under MsLadyKanKan if anybody wants to check me out. You'll get a chance to see the hospital and all that stuff. Ok there u have it. Send prayers up and I'll give an update after it's over.

MsLady!! Whoohooo!! It's here! Please check in when you feel up to it. And that's right, do ya damm thang. :) You will be sooo glad you did.

(((hugs))) Well wishes for a speedy recovery, walk, sip, rest REPEAT!!

So excited for you!!! You will do great tomorrow! I can't wait to hear from you after surgery!

congrats... the hard part for me was getting there ... because i was very scared ... but prayed about it and asked god for peace and he gave it to me my surgery was uneventful ... and i've had much success with my sleeve.. Dr Aceves and his team are awesome ... tell him shermichael says hi and thanks :smile1:

Thats awseome girl...check out my vlog on youtube i'll be sharing the entire experince look under MsLadyKanKan. Thxs for the well wishes i appreciate it! Sounds to me like your doing fabulous!!

So excited for you!!! You will do great tomorrow! I can't wait to hear from you after surgery!

Yes Mam you are right behind me.....thxs so much. Watch my vlog on youtube you'll get to see what you have in store. I know I'll do fine.

Cant wait to read/view your experience! Good luck and best wishes for a speedy and easy recovery and most importantly a successful surgery!

Your date is finally here! I remember not too long ago, you were reading my post-surgery updates. Now, here I am 7 weeks out and feeling 100%. I'm down 23 pounds and haven't found a food yet, that upsets my stomach. Dr. Aceves even approved me for 1 cup/day of my beloved Starbucks Soy Lattes, as long as they don't give me acid reflux (they don't!) I think I almost missed coffee more than food over the past several weeks.

I found that I experienced all of my nerves prior to arriving in Mexicali. Once I got to the hospital and met Dr. Aceves, I felt remarkably calm through the surgery and recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I went to Mexcali Nov 2nd and had my vsg by Dr Almanza. I felt so weird in San Diego too. I just couldn't believe it was real. That the day had finally come. Everything goes smoothly. They know what they are doing and you will feel like a part of their family almost instantly. Welcome to the journey!

Big hugs!

Thanks you all sooooo much. U have really made me feel comforted. I am no in Mexicali.I had all my pre op testing done it took less than an hour. I am the only one having surgery tommorrow. I feel so good and comfortable. I meet Dr Aceves and Dr Campos today and they were great. I felt so welcomed and safe. I will be having surgery around 9:30 am tommorow so it is on. Oh how I am looking forward to my last meal and margarita tonite yum yum. I am really excited and ready for this. I tried to upload a video to youtube about my time in San Diego but it wont let me. So you guys with have to see my journey when I get back state side. So i'll keep you all posted as to how things go. Much luv everyone...see you on the losers bench.