Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Gastric Sleeve Surgery Bucket List

I have yet to be sleeved but im on my way there and have come up with a list of things that i want to do once the weight starts coming off.. feel free to add your own!

1. every ride at an amusement park

2. cross my legs

3. look down and see feet instead of belly

4. horseback riding

5. shop in the regular section in the store

6. ride in a plane without the belt expander

thats my list for right now im sure i will think of more haha

I LOVE this idea! Your number 4, shopping in the regular section of the store, is stall hard for me. I find myself wandering towards the plus sizes everytime. I have to tell myself these clothes are too big for you now! Lane Bryant is not happy with me. They just sent me a new credit card. LOL I used to do lots of shopping there. It's amazing the changes that have happened since I had the sleeve!

Here are a few of mine:

1. Take a family photo for Christmas. I have been avoiding this for many years.

2. Take my kids back to DisneyWorld so I can retake all of the pictures with the new me and actually enjoy myself.

3. Take some sort of dance lessons with my hubby. I was always too self conscious about my weight to dance.

1. Not have my thighs touch

2. Feel sexy in a pair of jeans

3. Buy a custom fit corset I won't grow out of

Go on a cruise with my hubbie for our 15th anniversary and wear beautiful evening wear (small of course) and high heels and knock his socks off!

Such a great thread idea! I have actually checked off a few things on my bucket list so I am going to just the list the ones left.

1. Buy a pair of jeans with the "blingy" back pockets and strut my stuff! :)

2. Run a 1/2 Marathon.

3. Wear a size 10 someplace other than my foot.

4. Participant in a group fitness class.

5. Get under two hundred pounds (oh, so close!).

One of mine was to have my teenage daughters borrow my clothes. I have three daughters, and they are all normal weight range. I shouldn't have asked for this one. LOL

I am now in large shirts, and my oldest daughter (who has really big breasts) is borrowing my shirts. She fits a medium shirt, but she likes the length large shirts give her. My pants are still too big.

:-) Maybe, I should have made this "when I can borrow my teenage daughters' clothes."

mine are...

wear a wet suit and go scuba diving (and look good in it)

be able to hike the 15 mile trail at yellowstone next year

wear a size 6 or 8 dress to my daughters wedding in oct 2012

wear a really cute white sundress when hubby and i renew our vows on the beach of hawaii next summer

My list includes:

• Traveling abroad w/o fear of the itty bitty seats on international flights
  • tryout for one of the "singing shows".. I've been afraid of actually trying out and making it..then having to relive the shows for the rest of my life
  • attending my 20th year class reunion cruise weekend and not hide behind a cover up when I hit the pool
  • buy a convertible sports car for the gorgeous summers in Chicago!!

My list includes the following:

* Attend my 25 year reunion in 2013 and feel good about myself.

* Buy clothes in the regular section of the store. It is ridiculous how matronly and high priced plus sized clothing is.

* Get extensions until my hair grows long and thick. I am already thinning some after just 2 months.

* Go to the amusement park and ride every single ride.

* Take my son to Disney World.

* Take a cruise with my Hubby for our 20th next year.

* I will coach a youth cheerleading team next year.

I love this idea.

My sleeve bucket list is:

1. Throw away all of my clothes that I grow out of, I have always saved bigger size clothing "in case" I gained the weight back. This time I won't gain weight back.

2. Shop in the cute clothes section. This includes wearing a womans style shirt. I always buy mens t-shirts instead.

3. Buy and wear a pait of cute jean shorts for next summer.

4. Jog 5 miles without stopping.

5. Play with my 2.5 year old daughter without being winded.

6. Wear a pair of cute zip up leather boots, right now my calves are too big to zip them up.

I have way more but that is what I have come up with for now.

I have yet to be sleeved but im on my way there and have come up with a list of things that i want to do once the weight starts coming off.. feel free to add your own!

1. every ride at an amusement park

2. cross my legs

3. look down and see feet instead of belly

4. horseback riding

5. shop in the regular section in the store

6. ride in a plane without the belt expander

thats my list for right now im sure i will think of more haha

Keep this list somewhere you will likely see it, like perhaps posted on your refrigerator or on the back of your bedroom door. Make additions as you think of them. Then when you hit one, make a notation. On the days where you're feeling a bit down (we all get them) look at it. :smile1: It will instantly give you a lift. Because, eventually every single one of these are going to happen.

I love this :) I believe they have another one somewhere on the site but it is great to see new ones!

My list

- Wear a dress. I have never worn dresses unless I absolutely had too. I would love to wear one and actually feel nice in it.

-Actually play with my sister at the park. My sister just turned 6... I would like to play with her (without being self conscious and wondering if the swing is going to snap) and not just sit on the side with my book.

- I want to rollerblade again. I used to do this ALL the time as a kid. I went through pair after pair because I would wear them out (the good ones too!). I was really good on them too. I would love to rollerblade again. Right now my ankles aren't strong enough to support all my weight.

-I want to iceskate again (see above, same reason!)

-Ride all the rollercoasters, and walk all around the park... and maybe wear a bikini top (or a tankini) on the Water rides :D

My biggest (and craziest)... I want to learn how to hang-glide. Yup. I want to be strapped into a giant kite, towed behind a plane and let loose! It is one of my ultimate dreams, but I would never attempt it at my weight.

• Be in pictures....ALL of them! It's like I don't exist in my family photos
  • Put up full body shots on Facebook. No more "angles".
  • Wear short sleeved tops in summer, maybe even a tank top or two.
  • Go to the beach and actually get in the Water.
  • ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST without always worrying about what will fit or if I can physically do something without getting winded.

I basically want to live without having to factor in my weight first.

Be in a healthy relationship/date. Haven't had a date for two years. Not b isolated anymore. Laugh again. :0)

Here is my list:

1. Look at myself and not just see fat. Learn to love the way I look, not just the person I am.

2. Be able to play constantly with my 3yo nephew

3. Being in photo's with my soon to be new twin newphews. I had to be forced into them with the first one

4. Find love, let myself be in a relationship

5. Buy cute clothes

6. Live a long, healthy life

7. Feel free to do whatever I want.