Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

insurance approval

the hospital called me today & changed my date to meet with my surgeon to the 29th of november which is when ill schedule my surgery date. my 6th month insurance required appt is dec 1st. im praying to be sleeved on dec 19th or 20th.

QUESTION:

• how long after submitting your papers to your insurance were you approved?

• how long after being approved were you sleeved?

i talked to my nurse practioner who talked to the surgeon & he said its realistic to get sleeved by then. im so nervous that i wont get my desired dates. :(

Sorry I'm, pre-op so I don't have an answer..but I was wondering if this "meeting with your surgeon" appt is your consultation? Bc mine is Friday and I am wondering if they will give me a surgery date. Also,what all have you done as far as requirements and doctor appts? Good luck and I hope you get a date soon!

It took a week for me to get approved once it was submitted. I got approved on the 28th of october i had another appointment with my dr to discuss surgery dates on the 7th and i have my surgery on the 16th. i think it all depends on the drs schedule as far as a date after approval.

sidenote:the dr has to give the insurance company a date so if you call and they ask are you scheduled on such and such date and you were like me and didnt have any idea what they were talking about, this is why. but it doesnt mean that when itll be on. good luck!! hope approval is fast!

with my dr, i was required to get all my testing done & then once all my testing was complete & i was cleared, then they schedule me to meet the surgeon & then schedule my surgery date the day of meeting with my surgeon.

as far as testing, i was required to get a chest xray, blood work, psych eval, sleep study, upper gi, cardiac clearance (cardiologist), approval from primary dr & thats it. some people are required to go to a pulmonologist (i think thats how its spelled) to check for blood clots.

i had got all my testing done the 1st month except cardiac clearance. she wanted me to wait until the 5th month which is this month & i got it done & had it sent in already! :)

i also meet with my pcp every month along with meeting my nutrionist every month (6month supervised diet). dec 1st makes my 6months complete.

if u have all ur testing complete, u may be getting a date when you have your consultation with your surgeon. good luck love! keep us posted! :)

Sorry I'm, pre-op so I don't have an answer..but I was wondering if this "meeting with your surgeon" appt is your consultation? Bc mine is Friday and I am wondering if they will give me a surgery date. Also,what all have you done as far as requirements and doctor appts? Good luck and I hope you get a date soon!

a week isnt too bad. id probably wouldhave my hair pulled out and nails bitten off by then but not too bad! ive heard 2-3 weeks before. lol.

im really praying for dec 19th or 20th. its PERFECT for my schedule & my mom went ahead & took off work. also, it gives my insurance time to approve me! i work with kids so id only have to take 1 week off work dec 19th-23rd & then schools are out from dec 26th - jan 2nd & id go back to work on jan 3rd which consist of driving & walking. i think i could manage well. lol. only issue might be buckling their seat belts.

It took a week for me to get approved once it was submitted. I got approved on the 28th of october i had another appointment with my dr to discuss surgery dates on the 7th and i have my surgery on the 16th. i think it all depends on the drs schedule as far as a date after approval.

sidenote:the dr has to give the insurance company a date so if you call and they ask are you scheduled on such and such date and you were like me and didnt have any idea what they were talking about, this is why. but it doesnt mean that when itll be on. good luck!! hope approval is fast!

with my dr, i was required to get all my testing done & then once all my testing was complete & i was cleared, then they schedule me to meet the surgeon & then schedule my surgery date the day of meeting with my surgeon.

as far as testing, i was required to get a chest xray, blood work, psych eval, sleep study, upper gi, cardiac clearance (cardiologist), approval from primary dr & thats it. some people are required to go to a pulmonologist (i think thats how its spelled) to check for blood clots.

i had got all my testing done the 1st month except cardiac clearance. she wanted me to wait until the 5th month which is this month & i got it done & had it sent in already! :smile1:

i also meet with my pcp every month along with meeting my nutrionist every month (6month supervised diet). dec 1st makes my 6months complete.

if u have all ur testing complete, u may be getting a date when you have your consultation with your surgeon. good luck love! keep us posted! :smile1:

Thank you so much! Good luck to you as well! I haven't completed ANY testing! It is all through my surgeons office, so they like to wait until after the seminar and then get started rigth away. I knew I hade the seminar tonight but I didn't expect them to call me yesterday and schedule the consult. =)) I was told by my surgeons office that all my insurance requires is recent bloodwok,psych eval and nut eval. Hope it's true!

does ur insurance have a supervised diet? some insurances dont. some have 3months. others have 6months. mine was 6months. :(

Thank you so much! Good luck to you as well! I haven't completed ANY testing! It is all through my surgeons office, so they like to wait until after the seminar and then get started rigth away. I knew I hade the seminar tonight but I didn't expect them to call me yesterday and schedule the consult. =)) I was told by my surgeons office that all my insurance requires is recent bloodwok,psych eval and nut eval. Hope it's true!

yeah when i called my ins company to ask how long it would take because it had just been submitted, they told me 3 to 4 weeks pending a nurse review and she said i need a 5 year history a 6 month diet and all weightloss attempts---------i needed NONE of that. they just have to tell you stuff like that as a standard procedure. my financial adviser at the dr office said its a case by case thing. some get approved within days others take a few weeks. i just got lucky i guess.

if all your stuff in order that date seems reasonable to me. i started this thing the first of last month and when i said i wanted to have it before thanksgiving i got a lot of the that may not happen comments from friends and stuff. but it did. youll have an answer before you know it! just stay positive no matter what they say :)

a week isnt too bad. id probably wouldhave my hair pulled out and nails bitten off by then but not too bad! ive heard 2-3 weeks before. lol.

im really praying for dec 19th or 20th. its PERFECT for my schedule & my mom went ahead & took off work. also, it gives my insurance time to approve me! i work with kids so id only have to take 1 week off work dec 19th-23rd & then schools are out from dec 26th - jan 2nd & id go back to work on jan 3rd which consist of driving & walking. i think i could manage well. lol. only issue might be buckling their seat belts.

thanks love! i really appreciate it :)

yeah when i called my ins company to ask how long it would take because it had just been submitted, they told me 3 to 4 weeks pending a nurse review and she said i need a 5 year history a 6 month diet and all weightloss attempts---------i needed NONE of that. they just have to tell you stuff like that as a standard procedure. my financial adviser at the dr office said its a case by case thing. some get approved within days others take a few weeks. i just got lucky i guess.

if all your stuff in order that date seems reasonable to me. i started this thing the first of last month and when i said i wanted to have it before thanksgiving i got a lot of the that may not happen comments from friends and stuff. but it did. youll have an answer before you know it! just stay positive no matter what they say :)

i went ahead to get a second pcp letter with my weight included (which wasnt there before) & im getting copies of my dr notes within the last 3yrs since i had a different pcp for a while there. i donr want my insurance to have any excuse to deny me!