Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 11/9 & afraid of being rejected due to pre op weight loss

Hello Sleevies :biggrin2:

My surgery is scheduled for this wednesday 11/9 at Fountain Valley Regional hospital in Fountain Valley CA.

I'm a Kaiser patient, however. I had to lose 10% of the required weight and I've struggled with the last 5 lbs. Now Im afraid that I may be rejected due to this.

Anyone get sleeved at this hospital and experienced the same thing?

My coordinator from Fountain Valley told me not to worry since I've pretty much loss the bulk of the required weight but I am unsure still. Maybe I'm getting cold feet at the last minute and a little anxious.

Any suggestions would help :)

My fingers are crossed for you!!

That would be awful to cancel.

Think positive thoughts :)

Julie

Drink a lot of Water the next two days. Thinking good thoughts for you. Those 5lbs will come off with surgery. Let us know how you are doing!

I'm going thru the same thing. My surgeon told me he wanted me to lose 10-15 pounds before he would do my surgery. I initially lost about 12 pounds but now I am stuck in a bad spot. I have jumped up to only having a loss of 6 pounds. I am worried that when I see him on the 15th he will be angry and postpone my surgery date. I hope he won't, I have switched medications and I am on my period both of which can cause weight gain.

I'm hoping for you. Like someone else said drink lots of Water and try not to stress. I have heard stressing can stall weight loss. Good Luck I'm sending good thoughts your way.

I am right there with you! The girl at my surgeons office told me that they will not even schedule my surgery until I lost 15 lbs. I still have time because I am not scheduled for my endoscopy until 11-23. I have lost 9 lbs. But the girls in the front office said that when I first had my consult with the surgeon I weighed 229. Well, when I first was seen for WLS I weighed 234. So in my mind I have already lost the 15 lbs. But I can't take any chances so I will do what I can do lose and keep off the last 6 lbs. I just know it is going to be a struggle because the holiday's are right around the corner. :nonod: My question is will they really cancel you if you are only 3 or 4 lbs off? That seems so wrong to me! If we could lose weight and keep it off we wouldn't need this surgery! Anyway, good luck!

I am right there with you! The girl at my surgeons office told me that they will not even schedule my surgery until I lost 15 lbs. I still have time because I am not scheduled for my endoscopy until 11-23. I have lost 9 lbs. But the girls in the front office said that when I first had my consult with the surgeon I weighed 229. Well, when I first was seen for WLS I weighed 234. So in my mind I have already lost the 15 lbs. But I can't take any chances so I will do what I can do lose and keep off the last 6 lbs. I just know it is going to be a struggle because the holiday's are right around the corner. :nonod: My question is will they really cancel you if you are only 3 or 4 lbs off? That seems so wrong to me! If we could lose weight and keep it off we wouldn't need this surgery! Anyway, good luck!

I agree I find that a little outrageous and bizzare to turn someone away for that. I will try to post tomorrow and keep you updated :) and yes I can understand the holiday challenge I'd say just get the smallest plate u can find and do really small portions. GoodLuck!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I

Will stay positive and pray that all goes well :) I'm feeling a little more positive today :) ONE MORE DAY!

Yep, I am a little worried too. I have gained most of the 8 pounds I lost on my 2 month physician supervised diet. food funerals have been fun and I don't regret them but I'm wondering what my surgeon will say. I did not have to do a pre-op diet and wasn't asked to lose any weight but I am sure gaining doesn't look good. I will know on Thursday. Meanwhile I am having shakes for dinner and drinking tons of Water. Good luck to all of you!

Ericka, i dont have an answer for you but wanted to say we are neighbors, i live in huntington beach. Its nice to meet you! Good luck on everything.

Ericka, i dont have an answer for you but wanted to say we are neighbors, i live in huntington beach. Its nice to meet you! Good luck on everything.

Hello babigirl nice too meet you :) and thanks so much i will need it!

I worked like crazy to lose weight for my pre op diet and then never got weighed in before the surgery. So I wouldnt worry about it.