Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does your pre-op diet look like?

SO, I screwed up. I was doing well on my low-carb meals, but then I binged out & started a ball rolling in that direction. Now I have a meeting with my surgeon in 4 days & I am starting my liquid diet TODAY. He does not require one, but due to my weight gain & everything... I think that this is the way to go.

SO, what does a pre-op liquid diet look like to you? Since he doesn't require it, I never got instruction on it.

SO, I screwed up. I was doing well on my low-carb meals, but then I binged out & started a ball rolling in that direction. Now I have a meeting with my surgeon in 4 days & I am starting my liquid diet TODAY. He does not require one, but due to my weight gain & everything... I think that this is the way to go.

SO, what does a pre-op liquid diet look like to you? Since he doesn't require it, I never got instruction on it.

hi, i am also pre-surgery. I've been told that you have broth, Clear liquids, i think thats it. To completed sleevers, can we also have Protein shake? can you reply to us what we should eat a couple of weeks before surgery. My doctor also does not require it? Is Jello included? What about SF popsicle (msp)? After surgery, is popsicle (msp) a small portion, or can you eat the whole popsicle? is it free food ? Thanx all you great looking sleeve people. WooHoo

is pre-diet like broth, all liquids? Protein shake too

I'm in the middle of a 2 week pre-op diet, on my surgeon's plan. He requires a full-liquid diet, which means I can eat anything that is in liquid or semi-liquid form (i.e. pudding). The specifications are that it be low-fat and high-Protein. He recommends Protein shakes made with Water or skim milk (i actually use unsweetened almond milk), Soups, SF pudding, popsicles and Jello, crystal lite, etc. It's not easy, I won't' lie. He didn't specify anything about carbs or calories, so I am self imposing low-carb and trying to keep my calories at or below 1000. I've already dropped about 6lbs (I expect most of that is water).

If you're doing clears, I'm no expert but I think it has to be all broth or Water based foods, drinks. So Jello and SF popsicles would be ok, but SF pudding or cream based Soup wouldn't be.

Good luck!!

Hi all, I start my full Optifast diet tomorrow, low sodium broth, sf popsicle, sf Jello, 1 cup of Decaf coffee, 64noz of Water and 5 optifast shakes.< /p>

I'm starting to get nervous, it feels so real now!

Good Luck to all!

Hi Sonja- i'm one month pre op. A couple of months ago, i figured i should eat now and forever hold my peace. :frown5: Well that was obviously a gigantic mistake. After all its not like i was going to die. Actually I was gonna start to live, right.

I GAINED 15 lb.s!!! I've lost 1/2 of that. I plan to lose the rest before surgery . I know i can do it.

Unfortunately i do have some obstacles. On Friday this week (the 11th) we're going to CA to visit my mom. I live in NY, so thats quite a hike. I know we'll be going out for some meals, esp. dinner. I really will try and be careful with choices I order. Nothing fried for sure/. We'll be home 11/16. Then we go to MA. for thanksgiving with all my siblings (5) thatl also live out of state. 11/23-11/24. The good thing is all this time is passing fairly quickly near my WLS.

Now in 12 days 12/6/11 I finally have my surgery :clap2: . Can't wait, so very excited!! Woo Hoooooo

~Clear Liquid Diet~

chicken, vegetable, or beef broth/ bouillon

sugar free Jello

sugar free popsicles

Sugar free Crystal Light

Sugar free Kool-aid

Sugar free lemonade

Propel fitness Water

Diet Snapple

fruit 2-0

Decaf coffee /tea no sugar

water...all you can drink!

Clear sugar free High Protein supplements

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Full Liquid Diet~

Anything from clear liquid diet

Skim Milk or Lactaid

Light Soy Milk

Almond milk

sugar free pudding

Protein powder, drinks or mixes (sugar free & low-fat)

Sugar free fudgsicles (Yummy)

Strained cream Soups ~ no Tomato Soup or juice!

Cooked cereals (Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, just make them thin)

Low-fat cottage cheese

Unsweetened applesauce

Dannon light & fit yogurt with no chunks of fruit

This is all I can have now. I had my surgery on Oct.26th.2011. I feel pretty good, I just need to get outside & walk more!

Good Luck & follow the Dr. recommendations. You'll feel a lot better if you do! :seeya:

Beef broth was & still is my favorite!

I am in the middle of my pre-op diet. My doctor requires two weeks of 3-4 Protein Shakes (made with milk) daily and clear liquids-broth-jello-popscicles-no caffeine-no carbonation. Pretty much like Doreykn's.

Full liquids for 2 weeks post-op-Soft/Pureed for the next 2 and then regular for weeks 5 and beyond.

Im in the middle of my liquid diet aswell. My surgeon requires 2 weeks of liquids.

I am allowed 1200 calories and 130 carbs max

- 2 glucerna Meal Replacement drinks

- 1 scoop Protein powder

- 2 cups milk

- 4 fat free sugar free yogurts

- 2 cups broth

- 2 cups Gardennay Soup

unlimited Jello, crystal lite, and sugar free popsicles.

No Caffine or carbonation.

in the past 8 days I have lost 10 lbs. 8 days to go!! :smile1: