Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

freaky brain day.... has this happened to you?

I left work early today cause I just didn't feel Right. I had flashing lights in front of my eyes (even when they were closed) that made it hard to see... so i went on a break, took aleve and drank something... The lights went away about half an hour after they started but I had a headache then... next thing you know.. someone tried to have a conversation with me and I got very distant feeling (like far away and disconnected) and the words wouldn't come out right. She got very worried and I was afraid I was having a stroke. So I told my supervisor. I sat down and started eating a Protein Bar in case it was a sugar thing... my mgr took my blood pressure which was normal.... and I decided to punch out.. I stayed awhile cause I was afraid to drive... I got home and took a nap but my head still doesn't feel right... I can speak clearly now though.

Girl, you should have went and got checked out; not only is that symptoms of stroke, but also of seizure. It can also be symptoms of a specific type of Migraine. I would take it easy and if it comes back, go to the ER. Call an ambulance if you have to. Hope you are well soon.

Go to the emergency room of a hospital and get it checked out NOW. They can tell you if you had a stroke and they have meds that can help a lot if they get to you quickly. Please don't delay. I am very serious.

I truly hope this isn't anything serious, but it definitely could be, and I am only being a little tough because I care,

Good luck,

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

It is always better to be safe than sorry. Please seek medical attention right away.

Are you on High Blood Pressure medication? It could be time for your Dr. to take you off them. When did this episode occur or what were you doing? Did you stand up too quickly? These are likely scenarios they will ask you to go over.

I do hope it's nothing and is something easily remedied... but none of us are Dr's here and it is in your best interest to seek medically professional help in this situation.

Hugs and Prayers!!!

Thanks for your concern everyone... I will be getting things checked out... never fails that things happen on the weekend. I seem to be back to normal though...

As far as meds.. I am only on ursodiol as a precaution against gall stones. I have always been very healthy (obesity aside). I was at work... where I stand all day. The boss let me do light duty after the flashing lights started so I was folding cloths. The lack of coherient speech was only a few minutes.. the ppl who saw me said I looked spaced out... and I definatly felt distant... I will keep you all updated if there is anything to be concerned about. Thanks again.

It sounds like a migriane !!! Have you ever had them before???

Did you ever see the news reporter who had that happen on air..

Flashing in eyes is an aura before a migraine..

Hope you are better now!

Julie

That sounds very scary and a lot like a TIA (Transient ischemic attack)

A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is when blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person will have stroke-like symptoms for up to 1-2 hours.

A TIA is felt to be a warning sign that a true stroke may happen in the future if something is not done to prevent it.

Symptoms begin suddenly, last only a short time (from a few minutes to 1 - 2 hours), and go away completely. They may occur again at a later time.

Here are some warning signs:

• Abnormal feeling of movement (vertigo) or dizziness
  • Change in alertness (sleepiness, less responsive, unconscious, or in a coma)
  • Changes in feeling, including touch, pain, temperature, pressure, hearing, and taste
  • Confusion or loss of memory
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Difficulty writing or reading
  • Inability to recognize objects or people
  • Lack of control over the bladder or bowels
  • Lack of coordination and balance, clumsiness, or trouble walking
  • Muscle weakness of the face, arm, or leg (usually only on one side of the body)
  • Numbness or tingling on one side of the body
  • Personality, mood, or emotional changes
  • Problems with eyesight (double vision, loss of all or part of vision)
  • Trouble speaking or understanding others who are speaking

Please, please try to get a CT scan. Even though you didnt have all the signs/symptoms its still a good idea to get checked out.