Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months out and I need help!!!

So I am 6 months out and down 64 lbs. I have been sitting her for over three weeks... Am I done? I would like to lose 15-20 more but the scale is stuck. I admit I had a bad two weeks with not much exercise and eating lots of sweets but I have reigned in that monster and am back on track. Over those weeks I actually GAINED 2 pounds! I am mortified. Even though I have lost 64 lbs in 6 months, I feel fat and defeated. Even though I went from a tight size 20 to a loose 10 , I feel fat and defeated. I hate that my emotional well being is so tied up in that darn scale but it is what it is. Can anyone please give me some words of encouragement or advice. I have lost about 1/2 my hair. I don't want it to be in vain....

Living the dream but a bit down just now....

Laura

I can only say, I hear you. I'm at 9 mos out and am stuck at 72lbs. I haven't lost for 8 weeks. Mind you, I still have 100 to go minimum. I don't know the answer bc I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day and the scale goes up 1, goes down 1. Playing that forever it seems.

I'm in the same boat..I'm gonna be 6 months tomorrow and I'm down 81 pounds..but the past two months I have been struggling to get to Onederland!!! I go anywhere from 205-201..then back to 204..ugh!!! It's frustrating, but I think my problem is I'm not eating enough or drinking enough water..so I think if I concentrate on those things it may help...Best of Luck..this is not an easy Journey by any means...But it is so worth it!!!!

I stalled big time at six months, but then at eight I started losing again. Just hang in there and keep with your program and it will keep working, you just have to be in it for the long haul! You can do it!! :smile1:

I so feel your pain. I am 7 months out and I am stuck at 68 pounds. I feel like I have failed. I am hoping that this is one long stall. I try to stay at 800 calories. I went to the doctor at my 6 month check up and he told me that now I am over 6 months, I have to work harder during my workouts. I do not understand this I read alot and some of the greatest losses are from people that are just walking??? This renders me clueless on what I am supposed to do. I do walk, but not on a regular basis. With a family and a full time job at the end of the day I am so tired all I want to do is relax with the family. I am sure that if I located a better way to relax ie exercise I would do much better. I am just so stinking frustrated at this point I would like to loose another 35 pounds or so. Any feed back would be a awesome gift....please any of you guys that our out farther on your journey please chime in...

im right with you sleevestalker. Ive been up and down a lb for like 3 weeks now. Im so worried that this is it! How do we know this is a stall and that this will pass?? Im sooo scared and disappointed. Ive lowered my calories so maybe thats why? Its so hard because im trying to find a happy medium because enough calories, and not too much calories!

i too am just over 6 months out and am so close to goal i can taste it. in the past month to month and half, i have not lost much either. i don't know if it is because i am so close or what. it is frustrating, but keep up the good fight. it has to get to moviing. we can not stay the same eating so little. i rarely eat over 1,000 calories a day and i exercise 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes of high intensity. something is a miss to not lose!!!

i know i didn't lose this week because of tom, but last week is a mystery! it is weird, frustrating and just aggravating, but keep up the good work. It will pay off!!

Kelly :biggrin5:

What kind of exercise are y'all doing? You may want to change things up in that department. If you aren't doing any, that would be just what you need to kick start things again.

I hear you all and want to send a big old cyber hug to you all. I really have to push now to keep losing. Where I used to have a couple of slow weeks followed by a big week I just have slow weeks.

I already walk 3 miles a day and I have started trying to get my average mph up. I do an hour of Water aerobics a day and I plan to go to two classes now to get to goal.

With the food thing...all we can do is keep on keeping on- I myself rarely eat more than 800 calories, and I count carbs to stay under 40 net carbs a day. I get all my Water and more and my Protein too. What else can we do?

I think our bodies have been through a lot of changes and probably need to adjust and recover before starting to lose again. I sure hope so!

Meanwhile- let's Celebrate what we have accomplished! I am in the clothes I was wearing 11 years again before I gained the main part of the weight....and I am in the best shape of my life. Look at everything you have all done, and stay on course!

I would say for those of you on a stall - do something to shock the old body out of its complacency. Obviously, it thinks it is at a weight it is comfortable being, and you are going to have to do something different to catch its attention. This may be do only fluids and Protein for a two days (up your Protein grams to get in the right number of calories) and on the third day, eat a few carbs along with protein. Whatever exercise you have been doing, do something different. Anyone at home can do squats, lunges, jumping jacks, jump rope, etc and get in a good aerobic workout not going anywhere or using minimal equipment. If you can't fit in 30 minutes, do 3 10 minutes sessions.

Stalls are the pits - I agree with the previous posters, focus on what you have achieved, and resist the temptations.

Also, sometimes when the pounds are falling off slowly, the inches are coming off rapidly. I lost 2" off my waist in about 3 weeks last month. Surprised the heck out of me!

Good luck to all of us in a stall!

I concur with the stall I'm 7 months out. But my losing is always the same each month I never lose until it's close to my time of the month. when that time comes I shed 5lbs it's been that way since 4 months out. It's so predictable that i don't even waste my time weighing myself until it gets close to that time. So I basically stall for four weeks then I lose.

Look, I'm not telling ANYONE to be like me, I'm very, very bad. I don't work out, I hate the gym, I do tend to walk quite a bit, but not on a x-mile WALK, just everyday walking around town and to work and stuff. I have eaten above 1000 cals per day since I could get that much in, maybe two months post-op? And I'm now between 1100-1400 per day all the time, with a few "days off" here and there where I eat what I want to. I've had stalls, the longest was nearly two months. But what's the point in panicking? Anxiety and stress DO NOT BURN CALORIES (the opposite, in my opinion). So, just keep doing what your program calls for and eventually things move again, and they do go more slowly the closer you get to goal. I don't believe in 'shocking' your body or making funky changes to zap a stall, I believe in being slow and steady and just keep. on. going.

And don't get panicky and lose sight of what you're doing here, which is ROCKING YOUR SLEEVES!!! Believe, people -- BELIEVE. It works!!!

Good luck everyone!! <3 <3 <3 :-)

Well I know were you are all coming from! I too was stuck - I was sleeved on Jan 6, 2011 - I was doing great losing about 5-6 pounds per month and then whoa the brakes got stuck and for June - Sept I lost a total of 8 pounds. I am not sure what happened (I really did not change a thing) but my body decided to move again an in October I lost almost 6 pounds and drum roll...... :Banane46: I made my final goal on November 1st! Whoot!

Stay the course my friends - I have found that adding Water (about 16 more ounces per day) does help me lose weight. Focus on Proteins and water....I know - you have heard it before - and it's true! Now that I am at goal (actually under today) - I am letting my body tell me where / when it is done. If I did not lose another pound I would be happy - but I don't think I am done.

A little inspiration for you - I went from a size 18/16 to an 8/6 I am 5'8" started at almost 240 and weigh 154.8 today. Where I will end I do not know - but do not let the scale drive you crazy! :willy_nilly: Stay focuses and doing what you should be doing... Enjoy your journey - we are all unique and have a different story, approach and experience. God bless! :angel:

Kim

No answers here...not at my goal yet either. On a personal note, I dipsticked my urine the other day to check for ketones (you can buy these dipsticks at the drug store like in the old Adkins diet days) even though some days I am not loosing on the scale, I feel I am loosing inches. Yep the ketones were there so I am burning fat even though the scale gets stuck. At least that makes me feel somewhat better since I am doing what I am supposed to do. Just a thought. I am the kind of person that likes something I can SEE. LOLOL......show me the money kind of gal.......need to change my ticker again....158......one measly pound down but at least it is one lost and not gained????????

Me too! I'm six months out and lost 86 lbs. but the scale hasn't really budged for about four weeks now (up one, down one). I just read all your posts and will drink more. I know I haven't been as good as I used to be with that. I also seem to be eating some more carbs than I used to - wonder if that is making that much of a difference. Small crackers here and there - nothing major...