Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am 10 days post opp went to the Dr. everything is going good. I have up and downs but not as bad as I thought.

I have lost 15lbs since surgery Total 40lbs:) so happy. I am wondering my Dr. Said I could go to puree food today, what are some of you guys eating for puree and the next step soft food.< /p>

Thanks Granny

Hi, I am 10 days post opp went to the Dr. everything is going good. I have up and downs but not as bad as I thought.

I have lost 15lbs since surgery Total 40lbs:) so happy. I am wondering my Dr. Said I could go to puree food today, what are some of you guys eating for puree and the next step soft food.< /p>

Thanks Granny

I pureed light progresso Soups. It does give you more consistency and flavor, and it fills you up faster. I also found applesauce in little squeezable pouches that are about 3 ounces, they are perfect to throw in your purse!

@Longerlife

Thanks love. I don't know what is wrong with me, I get tired easily of the Protein Shakes lol I bought a chocolate one from GNC yesterday and an unflavored one too.

I need to experiment more with Protein, I don't use ice either,only lactose free fat free milk and the Protein Powder.< /p>

I am just SICk of almost 4 weeks doing this liquid diet lol,it sucks to eat the same broths etc, I want some real food, like a few bites of soft mashed potatoes ,beans,soft fish etc lol

@Granny22- Welcome! My surgeon is different so I sort of skipped purees, so can't help you much there. When on full liquids I was allowed to puree no sugar added canned fruit (or homemade stewed and pureed fresh fruits) and it was good. Hopefully others will chime in here. If not try searching "puree" on the top right search box and you will probably get tons of threads on that.

@Liliana- I couldn't do the store bought broths so my mom made me one and it was HEAVEN. She seasoned some non fatty pieces of beef with mashed garlic, minced onion, salt, pepper, but you can use whatever you like. The next day she boiled that with fresh cilantro (lots) and big pieces of carrots, garlic cloves, green pepper, onion, bouillon cube etc. (you can put in whatever you like of course). We strained it with a colander covered in cheese cloth and it was divine! The highlight of my days! LOL Best wishes! (Oh...I tried to skim the fat but there wasn't much there)

I wasn't bothered by the sights or smells of any of the other foods either, which was a relief! )

Isn't this HUGE? That is how it was for me on Thanksgiving! I was on liquids and once in a while I would stare at something, but overall I was fine. That is unbelievable to me. lol Glad you are doing well. :-)

Okay, I'm another banana Babe updating everyone. I'm 4 days post op and feeling pretty good. I had a Hiatal Hernia repair the same time as my sleeve. Just get very tired. I'm drinking Premier Protein, Isopure, Crystal Light with unflavord Unjury powder, Water, s/f pudding, Cranberry juice and strained Cream of Wheat......medicine cup size servings of all the above.

I tried 3 types of broth and had to throw them out...the smell and salty taste made me want to throw up. Any other suggestions for thinned Soups?

Hi all, I feeling good the only problem I have is that I still feel some pain or tendernes on my upper left side around where the drain was.. feels like muscle pain so I assume this will go away soon....

I make my own broth, buy very lean meat and cook it with garlic & onion power and beef broth cubes, and cilantro since I am hipanic,no Soup with out cilantro and tastes so good.

I make my own broth, buy very lean meat and cook it with garlic & onion power and beef broth cubes, and cilantro since I am hipanic,no Soup with out cilantro and tastes so good.

Hi Britgal, listen to Geno. :lol: I did the same thing and it was heaven. Glad to hear you are doing well. I like your selection of drinks. I had to do that too. Variety is key for me.

Well I did. I had my surgery in mexico, survived and feeling great and the experience was great. My only issue is heartburn and trying to get the antibiotics down. I cut them I throw it up, I crush them they leave a nasty nasty taste in my mouth. So yeah every 12 hrs I am suffering. Asides from that I am doing good. How is everyone else?? I didn't get home until late last night and miss seeing everyones progress.

If you continue to have difficulty with the meds you might see if your primary care physician will prescribe liquid oral antibiotics, I had a liquid z pack when I came home. Once a day for three days covered me for 10 days, it was unpleasant tasting but I kept it down without any problem. Good luck.

I had my surgery in mexico and I am waiting on my new insurance to kick in so unfortunately for now I got to suck it up with it. I wonder if I can crush and throw it in the Soup.< /p>

Oh and Brit I got this one :

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM5675421303P?i_cntr=1322970301122

they have chicken and beef. Delicious. Really really good stuff also low sodium. I found it right at Walmart. Try that one. Good luck.

Quick check in at 3 (technically 4) days post-op... doing OK for the most part. I think I'm handling liquids and purees without too many problems, as long as I don't consume either too quickly. It's kind of funny, everything I swallow (liquid, food, pill) results in a burp of gas about the same size. Like it has to do a switcheroo down there. I can tell if the bubble doesn't up out right because it HURTS until it does.

Feeling mostly tired and weak, like I'm dealing with a bad bout of the flu. Each day is a little bit better. There's an incision on my left side that falls right under my bra line, so I've kind of been going commando these last few days ;-) The main thing I'm struggling with is that ribs on the left side of my chest hurt quite a bit, so much so that I can't breathe in all the way and find myself getting breathless while talking. It also is difficult to lay on that side in bed.

I do have fibromyalgia so my overall pain tolerance is low, which could be influencing it. I've been taking my pain meds religiously which is helping keep it controlled.

Sounds like everyone else is doing pretty well... I'm still sort of shocked at myself for actually going through with this. Go us!

I use those to cook, and also to make my home made broth, but i cook lean meat or chicken and add the envelops of beef or chicken.. they do taste good.