Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas Challenge!!!

Congratulations!!! You deserve a special treatment at the spa!!! Or, at the very least some special for yourself...whatever that is for you. Banane55.gif

GOOOOOAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! 135 today I cannot believe I made it!! Uber excited thanks for this I really loved the challenge.

Woo-hoo! My stall just suddenly ended last week. I lost 4# last week. I now only have 6# left to go to make my goal. I still probably won't meet my goal, but at least I won't miss it by as much as I thought I would.

SW - 233.....GW - 220.....CW - 226.....# to go - 6

Hi all,

I'm down 1.2 lbs. this week, so my Christmas goal is looking a little more do-able if I stick to plan this week. I have 1.4 more lbs. to goal. And I hit a mini-goal this week. For the fourth time since the operation, I have lost 10% of my body weight. This is the last time that will happen, because I will be at goal before I lose another 10%!!

I was in Japan last week and didn't find the food options I expected. I expected to find a lot of teriaki meats, but I didn't see it at even one restaurant, so I ate a lot of Udon and Soba noodle Soups with meat in them. I didn't track Protein or Water all week. Fortunately, we walked a lot every day and I packed Protein Powder, so in the end things seem to have evened out.

My goal for the coming week is to eat healthy, get in one workout, and walk a lot. I am worried about reaching goal because I am traveling to Vegas for four days this week and my yogurt shakes and low-fat protein options will not be on restaurant menus. And I plan to have a few drinks (empty calories!). As the finally topper, we are having a big family get together on Christmas Eve. But I will be walking a lot in Vegas and taking my protein powder, so keep your fingers crossed for me and goal!

Lynda

My Christmas Goal also includes reaching the following goals:

154 lbs.: I'm a NORMAL BMI!!!! and I have 19 lbs. to goal

154: I've lost 100 lbs total - 32 pre-op and 68 post-op. I'm in the Century Club!

152: I've lost 70 lbs. post-op

149: My number starts with 14. I haven't weighed this since the mid-90s.

146: I've lost 10% of my total body weight for the fourth time since the operation. I have less than 10% of my body weight to go to goal, so it will be my last 10% loss.

145: 10 lbs. to go to my final goal!

144: My Christmas goal and I've lost 110 lbs. (32 pre-op and 78 post op). 9 lbs. to my final goal!!!

Christmas Goal:

SW-157.9.............CW-145.4...............Christmas Goal-144

Oct 28: 157.9

Nov. 4: 155

Nov. 11: 152.8

Nov. 18: 150.4

Nov. 25: 149.1

Dec. 2: 148.9

Dec. 9: 146.6

Dec. 18: 145.4 (late weigh-in because I was traveling)

Dec. 23: (no weigh-in because I am traveling)

Christmas:

Hi former_vbg,

I'm also lactose-intolerant post-surgery. I drink SoyMilk. The 8th Continent Original Soy Milk has 80 calories and 8 grams of Protein per cup. I make a Soy Latte in the mornings and sometimes have a glass of Soy Milk before bed if I need a little more protein and calories for the day.

I can also tolerate yogurt and hard cheeses. Soft cheeses, milk, ice cream, and whipped cream all bother me now, even at 6 months out.

Lynda

Congrats on making it to goal Susni!!!!

Congrats Lisa!!!!

GOOOOOAAALLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! 135 today I cannot believe I made it!! Uber excited thanks for this I really loved the challenge.

I do not have my sleeve yet but my Christmas goal is my surgery date gloal also. I want to be at 235 when I go under.

CW 239

GW 235

Small but I only have two weeks.

SN--- Forensikchic SW--194 GW---174 CW--179.3 lbs to goal--- 5.3

I am 5.3 pounds away from my goal and only six days left! I dont think I am gonna loose that much in that short a time with all these Christmas parties!!! I am happy to be under 180 though and loosing 15 pounds is a great feat! I missed my halloween goal by a few pounds too. We never know how much we will loose but its fun trying. I think I am going to consider going for 15 on the next one instead of 20. I still feel like I won! lol LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Yikes! It's been 3 weeks since I joined this challenge (on Halloween) and I've only lost 2 lbs. Things definitely slowed down for me this past month. Tomorrow is my 3 mo. surgiversary. I'm still hoping to meet my Christmas goal, but at this pace it won't happen. I'm not too worried about it though because I'm down enough that I'm feeling much more comfortable. I have 20 lbs. to go until I reach my ultimate goal and if it slow going so be it. I will get there eventually!

SW--- 204

Overall GW--- 140

CW--- 161

Christmas GW--- 148

lbs to Christmas goal--- 13

With 6 days left and 6 pounds to go, I will not be reaching my Christmas goal. BUT, it's hard to be upset when I feel so darn good! The weight is coming off much more slowly now, but I think that's just because I'm getting close to my overall goal and I'm at a normal BMI. I actually feel that each pound off is just like icing on the cake now. I don't worry about what I eat because I'm still only able to get in about 800-1000 calories a day, but my relationship with food is so different. I'm simply eating now to provide sustenance for my body - that's it. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Started the challenge at 163

Current weight is 154

9 more pounds gone forever

Christmas goal is 148

6 pounds to xmas goal (not happening but I'm still happy)

12/19/11

SN--- Chevelle69 cool.png

SW-- 248

GW-- 228

CW-- 238

lbs to reach goal for Christmas Challenge --- 10

I didn’t keep a food journal last week but kept tallying it up in my head each day so at the end of the day I knew I’d been as honest as I could be. Don’t know what’s going on with my body though. I thought I would have lost more than 1 lb. So I've lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks. Any a lb lost is awesome but we all have goals we want to reach…

Anyways, I wish all of you a great week and a very Merry Christmas. Good luck to meeting your goals!

weight.png

SN - Deakay

CW - 185.4

GW -178.2

lbs to goal - 7.2

Don't think I'm going to make it with all the extras this time of year.......but on the plus side my 2-1/2 week stall has ended :) and I bet I make it by New Years!

My words were as follows:

"I previously pledged to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. So far I have lost 11 lbs and it's not even Thanksgiving. Therefore, I am re-setting my goal to 30 lbs.

SW : 230 CW : 219 Goal : 200

Wish me luck!!"

Boy did I ever jinx myself!! I am only down to 212 lbs. I guess I should have stuck with the 210 goal. No way I can lose 12 lbs in the next 4 days.

My solution is that I will lose it by Jan. 25. I have discovered that I am a slow loser and need to adjust my goal accordingly. I will take this as a lesson learned rather than a failure to meet my goal.

Ok, 12 lbs in 30 days = 0.4 lbs per day average or 2.8 lbs per week. That should be doable.

Shae

Is there any interest in a Valentines day goal? I figure we only have a matter of a few days left in this challenge so why not start thinking about our goals for say Valentines day? Its about 7 weeks from Christmas. I am thinking I can do 15 pounds maybe by then. Anyone else interested in doing a valentines challenge?

Count me in on a Valentine's goal. I'll actually be combining it with my 45th birthday goal on Feb 8. I'd like to be 145 by then.