Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I LOVE SMOKING, there I said it....

Ok peeps, trying to quit smoking again, using the e-cig this time. Going to ween myself down to zero nicotine. On Day 2 and so far so good. :) As long as I keep on trying. As much as I love smoking, yes, I love it :P, as un-PC as that is, it is hindering my whole get healthy process. So, gotta kick it to the curb.

I will keep you posted on the progress. I have to take it one day at a time just like any addict, so I think I will post day by day, adding on to this post. Might help witht the frustrations etc.

You posted this in the right place...because YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

Great job on day 2!!!:smokin: :smash: {wish I could put the smoking guy under the hammer...lol}

You can do it. I thought I loved smoking too. I do like the instant gratification part of it. However, after quitting for 6 weeks and not having to carry them, or not having to worry about when I could have my next one was SO freeing. I started gaining so much weight I started again (pre-surgery decision). It was dumb, because I had to start quitting all over again. I found an awesome phone app called quit now. It gives you motivational thoughts, ugly smoker pictures and keeps track of lots of other things. It helped a lot the second time around!

Let me know how it goes. I started smoking about 8 months post op...again.... going to kick it on Nov 1st...again :) You CAN do this!

I definately will keep you all posted.

Thanks, M2G! I have tried numerous times in the past, and am good for a bit then fall off the wagon. But like I said, as long as I keep trying, one of these days, something is going to click. I'm thinking this is the ticket though. :)

Ivy, unfortunately, I know me well enough to know that I won't keep up with that and it won't affect me into quitting LOL. Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations on NOT SMOKING!

SouthernSleever if there is a 7/11 by you they have the starter kits for 15 bucks if not check out xhale 02 online they are 20.00. Much cheaper than most of the e-cigs you see online. I'm cheap, I won't pay 100-200 bucks for an e-cig LOL. My sister bought me the kit in Colorado and mailed it to me. She hasn't smoked in a year and a half. She still uses her e-cig at times of stress but with zero nicotine. She gets the comfort of the action but not the risks of the smoke and nicotine. Atleast thats what she told me LOL. So I'm going to see how it goes.

Thanks Lisa! Gotta keep on trying!

You CAN and WILL do it!!

The action is what i miss. I truly adore smoking...yes it's odd but it is what it is.

Hey Raine,

I know its tough but will be so much better for you in the end....I smoked for 25 years from the time I was 15 to 40, just quit a couple of years ago........I did research on a hypnotherapist who guaranteed you to quit in one time.........I figured that I was worth it and would spend the money, I had tried pills,Patches,fake ones, duct tape ...it didnt matter nothing worked. I had 4 cartons at home when her appointment came. She told me to bring my cigarette pack in with me so I figured in lame fashion she would have me break them in front of her so I brought another pack in my car just in case it didnt work :blink: .. I chained smoked all the way down there lol.........After our session I drove home in traffic and didnt want one, ate dinner and didnt crave one, woke up the next morning and I usually would cough , light a cigarette and grab a coffee.........I woke up didnt want a cigarette or coffee......... I have had stressfull issues in my life with my 19 year old she devil and my mother at that period too and not once in the last 3 years have I craved a cigarette...In my work all my patients but a handfull smoke or are forced to quit and I have never went back. Its like she removed that portion of my life and I didnt have to go through painfull withdraws..........Just thought I would share my experience with you and whatever choice you make wanted you to know that when you are truly ready to quit , you will ;)

I definately will keep you all posted.

Thanks, M2G! I have tried numerous times in the past, and am good for a bit then fall off the wagon. But like I said, as long as I keep trying, one of these days, something is going to click. I'm thinking this is the ticket though. :)

Ivy, unfortunately, I know me well enough to know that I won't keep up with that and it won't affect me into quitting LOL. Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations on NOT SMOKING!

SouthernSleever if there is a 7/11 by you they have the starter kits for 15 bucks if not check out xhale 02 online they are 20.00. Much cheaper than most of the e-cigs you see online. I'm cheap, I won't pay 100-200 bucks for an e-cig LOL. My sister bought me the kit in Colorado and mailed it to me. She hasn't smoked in a year and a half. She still uses her e-cig at times of stress but with zero nicotine. She gets the comfort of the action but not the risks of the smoke and nicotine. Atleast thats what she told me LOL. So I'm going to see how it goes.

Thanks Lisa! Gotta keep on trying!

The action is what i miss. I truly adore smoking...yes it's odd but it is what it is.

Not odd at all. Thats why I think this is going to work. I love smoking too and I have been doing that hand to mouth action for 31 years.

Hey Raine,

I know its tough but will be so much better for you in the end....I smoked for 25 years from the time I was 15 to 40, just quit a couple of years ago........I did research on a hypnotherapist who guaranteed you to quit in one time.........I figured that I was worth it and would spend the money, I had tried pills,patches,fake ones, duct tape ...it didnt matter nothing worked. I had 4 cartons at home when her appointment came. She told me to bring my cigarette pack in with me so I figured in lame fashion she would have me break them in front of her so I brought another pack in my car just in case it didnt work :blink: .. I chained smoked all the way down there lol.........After our session I drove home in traffic and didnt want one, ate dinner and didnt crave one, woke up the next morning and I usually would cough , light a cigarette and grab a coffee.........I woke up didnt want a cigarette or coffee......... I have had stressfull issues in my life with my 19 year old she devil and my mother at that period too and not once in the last 3 years have I craved a cigarette...In my work all my patients but a handfull smoke or are forced to quit and I have never went back. Its like she removed that portion of my life and I didnt have to go through painfull withdraws..........Just thought I would share my experience with you and whatever choice you make wanted you to know that when you are truly ready to quit , you will ;)

Thank you so much! I tried Hypnotherapy and it didn't work on me. I feel I am ready to quit, and I think the e-cig is the route for me. I was just saying in a reply to southernsleever before, its the hand to mouth action that I know I will miss and want and now I have that!

You posted this in the right place...because YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

Great job on day 2!!!:smokin: :smash: {wish I could put the smoking guy under the hammer...lol}

Congrats! I feel your pain! I'm post-op and trying to kick the habit. It's far from easy and I too am love it so even that much more difficult. One day at a time is the ONLY way I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Did you quit for surgery?

Woot I am on Day 3 of no tobacco cigarettes. When ever I get the urge, I take a hit off of my e-cig.So far so good. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I think because I have the e-cig in my hand etc. makes the transition so much easier! I definately am going to utilize this thread through out the process. I think it will help me and might even help someone else that is trying to quit!

So, Day 3, no tobacco cigs and doing great!

Congrats! I feel your pain! I'm post-op and trying to kick the habit. It's far from easy and I too am love it so even that much more difficult. One day at a time is the ONLY way I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Did you quit for surgery?

I did quit for surgery, took the carbon test they do , passed and started smoking again. I tried to quit again 1 1/2 months post op and did ok but gained 8 lbs in 2 months! So I went back ... AGAIN. Doing good so far. ;)