Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today at work someone told me about another girl on another floor who lost 49 pounds by the time she came back to work (6 weeks) WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious ?/ I struggled to loose the 57 I have so far and i asked how much weight she had to loose total I asked if that was including her pre-op weight . under 100 and NO !! WHAT why is it so hard for me to lose why do some people lose so much faster UUGGG annoying ..sorry guys just need to vent soemtimes. :(

Hey Lisa,

Maybe she is stopping at higher BMI than you. I see many people with goal weights that put them at a BMI over 25, so even though she had less than 100 to lose, she may have started and ended with a higher BMI than you. Also, some people are not getting the guidelines for calories, Protein, and Water. They may lose faster because they aren't even getting in the recommended amount of calories per day. I'd rather get the nutrients and calories my program recommends and lose a little slower.

One thing about it, if we are eating and exercising according to our plans, we will lose weight. Even if it's at our own schedule.

My personal cross to bear is that I am bigger than others who weigh the same as me. I'm still in medium tops, size 10 pants and size 9 undies and I have less than 10 lbs. to go till I'm at a normal BMI. Sheesh! I see people on here wearing size 7 panties, size 4 pants, and small tops and they're the same height as me and outweigh me by more than 15 lbs.

Lynda

Its hard not to stress it and I feel your pain. We were only sleeved a week apart. You have to try different things that work for you. I tried so many different eating methods to find my right one. I am not even sure I have found the right one but my body keeps changing and the pounds are going away slowly but surely. Just to put it in perspective here are my numbers:

Start of journey June 2010 (240) to pre op diet April 13, 2011 (206): -34

Pre-op to Surgery April 27, 2011: -13

May 27: -15

June 27: +3

July 27: +5

(tried quitting smoking AGAIN....as you see your sleeve is a tool and you CAN gain weight)

August 27: -7

September 27: -6

October 14: -2

I still have 2 weeks left until the 27th and I am sure I'll lose at least another 2lbs or hopefully more! But I am now looking at it as a work in progress. In the beginning I was comparing myself with everyone and then I realized why I did this in the first place, to get healthy and that is exactly what I have done. Its hard, I know, to not focus on the what is NOT happening, but try and see all of what IS happening in your life now that you have 57lbs gone!

Wow Raine what a fabulos job on you pre op congrats!! yes i hear you but i just get a little down about it, like look at you surgery 1 week AFTER me and your at 69!! Thats awsome !!! hahah I know I have to let it go. :pout:

Oh and have you ever thought that you have a little more (up top) then some other ladies ..LOL just saying

I wish! I actually am small on top.

l

So today at work someone told me about another girl on another floor who lost 49 pounds by the time she came back to work (6 weeks) WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious ?/ I struggled to loose the 57 I have so far and i asked how much weight she had to loose total I asked if that was including her pre-op weight . under 100 and NO !! WHAT why is it so hard for me to lose why do some people lose so much faster UUGGG annoying ..sorry guys just need to vent soemtimes. :(

I'm sure you've heard don't base your loss against another person's loss. That is definately setting yourself up for frustration. We all lose at different rates at different times. I was fortunate to be a very fast loser, but now i'm just sitting there maintaining. I'd love to lose another 15 - 20 lbs, but it just isn't happening. . . but oh well, whatever. Yours will come off, just be patient. this isn't a race to see who can lose the most. Good luck!

Lisa,,,, Vent away! It is hard not to compare ourselves with others....

I am happy with how much I have lost, ....BUT....it is very hard for me to try to stay away from the long range thoughts... like most people on this forum have 100 pds or less to goal.... I started my journey at such a high weight that it can be overwhelming to me that I have to hit a 180 pound loss...

I look at others and they hit thier goal with a 60 pound loss or a 80 pound loss...and it gets to me... again, it is so very hard not to compare ourselves with each other..but we have to try and ya know what... YOU are losing, so that is great! Keep pluggin along and you will reach goal, we just got keep fighting the fight!!!

Good luck to you my friend.

I know. I really want to tell my friends and family about my sleeve, but I haven't lost more than 20 lbs in a month and a half. Some people lose that in two weeks, and I don't want them to think I am failing. However, as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction I will try to stay positive.

Lisa,,,, Vent away! It is hard not to compare ourselves with others....

I am happy with how much I have lost, ....BUT....it is very hard for me to try to stay away from the long range thoughts... like most people on this forum have 100 pds or less to goal.... I started my journey at such a high weight that it can be overwhelming to me that I have to hit a 180 pound loss...

I look at others and they hit thier goal with a 60 pound loss or a 80 pound loss...and it gets to me... again, it is so very hard not to compare ourselves with each other..but we have to try and ya know what... YOU are losing, so that is great! Keep pluggin along and you will reach goal, we just got keep fighting the fight!!!

Good luck to you my friend.

well you look fantastic!! We will do this thanks so much for the support !!!

I know. I really want to tell my friends and family about my sleeve, but I haven't lost more than 20 lbs in a month and a half. Some people lose that in two weeks, and I don't want them to think I am failing. However, as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction I will try to stay positive.

I thought my 17 was great at 11/2 months until I looked at everyone elses weight loss by that time too, hey I know for sure my skin is doing a better job then most and I know one I do make it to goal i will appricate every pound I loss. Good Luck keep up the good work

I totally understand the way you feel, but it is important to remember that you may not see the weight leave the scale but you may see inches. I went through and is still going through the slow losing process. I do however notice that my skin is NOT hanging anywhere. And I have NO cellulite on my legs (thanks ma'marolleyes.gif) at all. With the exception of my wings (arm fat hanging) I am doing good. Keep doing what you are doing, and you will see the scale move down. biggrin.gif