Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! I fell asleep at my DESK...

OK. So, I'm 3 months out, and I've been getting my Protein in, limiting carbs and cals (about 800 per day) and trying to walk 30 mins a day. I usually get about 7-8 hours of sleep... which has always been sufficient. But, all of a sudden, this past week, I feel totally exhausted. Yesterday, I just HAD to put my head down and I actually fell asleep at my desk. Luckily, I was awakened by a meeting reminder alert on my phone, but I am still in SHOCK that I could just fall asleep like that. Today, I feel like it could happen again, so I keep getting up to stretch or walk around to resist the urge to put my head down.

What is wrong with me?!

R u taking your Vitamins n Iron? :0)

Some of us (myself included) get this little fun side effect from surgery.

I see you are about 3 months out. My advice would be to have your surgeon or primary doctor pull your blood panels. Do a thorough check on all of your Vitamin levels, especially Vit D3 and B12. Even though you are taking your Vitamins daily, our sleeves have a hard time processing some in particular. You may need to be analyzed and given other options of Vitamin consumption.

Good luck!

Might be your Vitamins. Iron deficiency is notorious for making people tired.

Kaiser Fremont recommends Iron in ferrous fumarate format. The Ferrimin 150 from Daliyvite is on the approved list of supplements. It contains a stool softener. For best absorption, you should take it two hours or more after eating and then not eat for a couple of hours after My nutritionist recommended mid-afternoon because I sometimes have to eat a snack in the evening to get my Protein for the day in and then I fall asleep before two hours go by.

Lynda

I get on the scale everyday. I noticed on the days when I drop 2-3 lbs I am just WIPED out........and I was sleeved in May (5 months ago) I have had my labs done several times and they are beautiful. If I take a day off and rest then I feel great. I think it is just my body hard at work! It does get better. At 3 months it was really bad.

Hope this helps!

have you talked to your nutritionist? 800 calories a day wasn't enough for me.....had no energy and wasn't losing until I bumped it up to 1000.

Have your doc do a PCV to check your Iron. Talk to your nutritionist too. At 3 months your body is still going through a ton of constant changes. GL!

Might be your Vitamins. Iron deficiency is notorious for making people tired.

Kaiser Fremont recommends Iron in ferrous fumarate format. The Ferrimin 150 from Daliyvite is on the approved list of supplements. It contains a stool softener. For best absorption, you should take it two hours or more after eating and then not eat for a couple of hours after My nutritionist recommended mid-afternoon because I sometimes have to eat a snack in the evening to get my Protein for the day in and then I fall asleep before two hours go by.

Lynda

Definitely agree, it could be the iron as well. :)

I had this side effect. I was low on Iron, I was low on B-12, and I had to cut my blood pressure medicine in half.

OK. So, I'm 3 months out, and I've been getting my Protein in, limiting carbs and cals (about 800 per day) and trying to walk 30 mins a day. I usually get about 7-8 hours of sleep... which has always been sufficient. But, all of a sudden, this past week, I feel totally exhausted. Yesterday, I just HAD to put my head down and I actually fell asleep at my desk. Luckily, I was awakened by a meeting reminder alert on my phone, but I am still in SHOCK that I could just fall asleep like that. Today, I feel like it could happen again, so I keep getting up to stretch or walk around to resist the urge to put my head down.

What is wrong with me?!

I'm approaching my 3 month mark as well and has found that especially over the last 2 to 4 weeks, I have been majorly exhausted. Completely wiped out. Like you, I'm taking my Vitamins, etc. I don't even have energy at the moment keep my gym appointments (I feel so guilty). It's as though I just can't get enough sleep, I don't remember being this sleepy even after coming home from surgery. Also, I have been having insomnia more frequently over the last month or so. I finally purchased some Sleepytime Tea by Celestial Seasonings to help me get and keep my zzz's.

I can completely relate to what your describing. I am scheduled to have blood work done next week before my 3 month checkup. So I'll be interested to see if I am low in Iron or vit D. I will also mention this to doctor when I return.

Don't take your Iron with your Calcium it competes for absorption, you need to take the iron at a different tome of the day and take it with a Vitamin C it will help your body absorb the iron. Smiles!