Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I'm a Slow Loser!

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled on this topic and I love it! I was sleeved on June 27th and I have really slowed down. I'm down 36 lbs in about 14 weeks, which is less than 3 lbs a week. But in the last month I'm averaging 1 lb a week. It's horribly frustrating, but I guess slow is good as long as it keeps coming off.

Have any of you noticed that maybe you weren't eating enough? I remember that from Weight Watchers...so I ate a couple hundred more calories a day and broke my stall. I don't know, I just would love to be down 40 lbs when I go see surgeon on October 19th. I haven't see him since one week after surgery.

Take care :-)

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled on this topic and I love it! I was sleeved on June 27th and I have really slowed down. I'm down 36 lbs in about 14 weeks, which is less than 3 lbs a week. But in the last month I'm averaging 1 lb a week. It's horribly frustrating, but I guess slow is good as long as it keeps coming off.

Have any of you noticed that maybe you weren't eating enough? I remember that from Weight Watchers...so I ate a couple hundred more calories a day and broke my stall. I don't know, I just would love to be down 40 lbs when I go see surgeon on October 19th. I haven't see him since one week after surgery.

Take care :-)

Hiya Tippy2us,

I often think this... but to be brutally honest, I am a little afraid to eat more. My surgeon's guidlines was to eat three times a day, no more no less... and at 14 plus mths out I pretty much stick to that. There are the odd days when I have a 'snack' mostly in the form of a piece of ham, a bit of cheese or a handful of nuts. I dunno what the answer is to be honest.

I know slow weight loss is frustrating, but try to hang on in there and remember that it is coming off... that is what I try to sooth myself with when things are a little bleak! And, of course, this time it is off for GOOD!

Keep up the good work =]

My program has called for me to eat six times a day -- three meals, three Snacks, which used to freak me out a bit, seemed like so much! But it's been good for keeping my blood sugar stable throughout the day, as well as helping me get in enough calories early out. I still eat Snacks now, but I almost never do all three anymore. I eat between 1000-1300 cals per day, which seems a reasonable amount to me. I am not a fast loser for sure, but neither could I say I am slow. I'm average and I have loads of stalls (like more than a month long at a time), but overall the direction is the right one. My Nut also told me to 'take a day off' every week and eat whatever (along with always bugging me to eat more carbs), but I don't do it every week. Every now and then, yes -- but even on the most "whatever" day I've had, I only got in 2000 cals, and that's including (um, several) beverages. wink.gif

Not sure what my point is -- I mean, I don't know how many calories you're getting, but you can probably add some and still lose or lose a bit faster? I am not a fan of sub-1000 cal diets in any case, so there's my personal bias.

Good luck!!

My program has called for me to eat six times a day -- three meals, three Snacks, which used to freak me out a bit, seemed like so much! But it's been good for keeping my blood sugar stable throughout the day, as well as helping me get in enough calories early out. I still eat Snacks now, but I almost never do all three anymore. I eat between 1000-1300 cals per day, which seems a reasonable amount to me. I am not a fast loser for sure, but neither could I say I am slow. I'm average and I have loads of stalls (like more than a month long at a time), but overall the direction is the right one. My Nut also told me to 'take a day off' every week and eat whatever (along with always bugging me to eat more carbs), but I don't do it every week. Every now and then, yes -- but even on the most "whatever" day I've had, I only got in 2000 cals, and that's including (um, several) beverages. wink.gif

Not sure what my point is -- I mean, I don't know how many calories you're getting, but you can probably add some and still lose or lose a bit faster? I am not a fan of sub-1000 cal diets in any case, so there's my personal bias.

Good luck!!

Hi there,

I'm on 3 meals and 2 snacks. Up until about 10 days ago I was eating a maximum of 800 calories a day which worked great for a while but I noticed people losing a lot more than me on about 300 calories more than me. I also exercise...water aerobics twice a week and biking the rest of the time so I thought maybe I was eating too little....so we'll see how it goes. I've upped my calories and seen a little improvement in the weight loss but not much. Steady in the right direction will win the race. I know this. Thanks much!

5 weeks and 21 lbs which overall isn't horrible, but 13 of those lbs were in the first week, and only 8 in the 4 weeks that followed. I guess I've got a longer road ahead of me than I'd thought :(

Hi there,

I'm on 3 meals and 2 Snacks. Up until about 10 days ago I was eating a maximum of 800 calories a day which worked great for a while but I noticed people losing a lot more than me on about 300 calories more than me. I also exercise...water aerobics twice a week and biking the rest of the time so I thought maybe I was eating too little....so we'll see how it goes. I've upped my calories and seen a little improvement in the weight loss but not much. Steady in the right direction will win the race. I know this. Thanks much!

That's right, if you are working out your body needs more fuel to keep it running at tip top. I think as long as you're not doing too many carbs and keeping your totals around 1000 to 1200 a day you're going to drop really well. Also, eating more frequently will help to keep your metabolism moving along too. The biggest hurdle in weight loss I believe is tricking the body from thinking its starving.

Good luck!

UPDATE!

Okay everyone, I've been eating more calories for a little over 2 weeks now and this week I have lost 4 lbs!!!! 2 on Wednesday, 1 on Friday, and 1 more today. I ate a little something every 2.5 hours or so and cut my exercise way down (not on purpose though, it just got too cold to swim). I think my body was holding on to everything it could and now it feels safe to let it go!! I'm going to keep this up and I'll report back.

Take care everyone and don't be afraid to experiment!:unsure: