Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

Sweetviolet You went from a 5x to a 16 OMG That just so Fantastic

Nance, I agree with crabcake

I think this is pretty normal for right before your first fill. Your appetite returns after the surgery. Getting the fill will help you a lot. I wouldn't be too worried. Enjoy your trip!

All my fat was around my middle. I gained it just like my mum. I looked like a spider with an egg sac. :cool: My arms and legs and hands and feet were always pretty boney. But, now that I have lost all this weight my thighs and upper arms - places which were never BIG - have all got this weird old lady skin, that really stringy, fragile-looking, tissue-y type of skin, and I have to have my rings resized. Getting my favourite ring resized is going to cost me far too much cash, a bunch of the stones are pave. All of this makes me want to eat, doncha know. Ergh!:help: And my facelift still feels weird and I have got a cold. blehhhhhhhhhhhh!

I don't think that I am emotionally ready to toss my favourite fatty-pants clothes yet. :rolleyes: They are made out of linen. This is my fave fabric.

Green - They do make Linen clothes in smaller sizes too :o and yes arms and legs ugh i can relate I will be happy 170 - may go for 150 - we will see

I need to know what type of Protein Shakes do you guys use? There are so many to choose from that I am confused. What about the ones with 40g Protein in each shake? ?:help:

I used Unjury chocolate & unflavored Protein Powder heres the link Welcome to the UNJURY Homepage - it has 20 grms protein per scoop - i added the unflavored stuff to my Soups - but you gotta let them cool a little cant be above 130 degrees - I would also add 1/2 scoop to coffee in the morning - again let it cool some another great way to get your protein in - I also use it with my yogurt & fruit shakes add a scoop of the unflavored and you are good to go... Also my doc sells some proti15 clear liquid drinks - taste great and they have 15 grms pt... i haven't been able to find them on the web - but found some almost the same and they were good here is the links BariWise Fruit Drinks (7 Servings/Box)

Thank you Denise82, I guess I'm lucky not to have known what it was! Thank God I haven't had much trouble so far, just once when I had a senior moment and ate a hot wing at our local girl's night out. That chicken skin just didn't want to go down too well, so I get the hic-ups when something is not right, do you? Now my husband knows if I'm having a problem with something I've ate, it's only happened a few times since my third fill.

JKR

Yes, getting the hic ups is what we call a soft stop. It's basically

what happens right before you throw up, if you keep eating.

I have heard that the Ungury Protein Drinks are really good.

I have also heard that the body can not metabolize more than 25 grams of Protein at a time. A lot of people really like Matrix too.

I have a huge jug of something my daughter gave me after she had RNY. It's Myo Pro by EAS. I always have to add splenda to it.

I ordered some dry Peanut Butter powder to put in it to jazz it up. I am actually getting tired of chocolate.< /p>

I guess i shouldn't have gotten the lesser expensive model - I am cheap sometimes :)

Yes I forget to look at tickers and :clap2: 43 lbs :clap2:

Me too. We bought a new dishwasher about a year ago. I told my husband next time, we're going for the model above the cheapie! You really do get what you pay for. That stupid dishwasher and I fight a lot!

I like your new pic! I kept looking at it thinking 'who's that?' Finally realized it was the NEW IndioGirl! You look great!

I think that for women our age 150 is the new 130. I weigh 149 lbs and I now have stringy upper arms and thighs.

I love your new avatar, IndioGrrl!

I have heard that the Ungury Protein drinks are really good.

I have also heard that the body can not metabolize more than 25 grams of protein at a time. A lot of people really like Matrix too.

I have a huge jug of something my daughter gave me after she had RNY. It's Myo Pro by EAS. I always have to add splenda to it.

I ordered some dry Peanut Butter powder to put in it to jazz it up. I am actually getting tired of chocolate.< /p>

Denise - Were do you get peanut butter powder?? I love peanut butter.. I tried the matrix green apple but made the mistake of putting it in the blender - but didn't care for the taste anyway- someone said the Cookies and cream was good - The shakes are usually too sweet for me - i like the ones i make w/yogurt & fruit & pt powder the best.

Me too. We bought a new dishwasher about a year ago. I told my husband next time, we're going for the model above the cheapie! You really do get what you pay for. That stupid dishwasher and I fight a lot! I like your new pic! I kept looking at it thinking 'who's that?' Finally realized it was the NEW IndioGirl! You look great!

Thanks Crabcake - Like that "new" - I'm half way there -A few of us on the Lucky #7 (July Banders) thread have been posting our preop & current pictures - we are 3 months out..

I think that for women our age 150 is the new 130. I weigh 149 lbs and I now have stringy upper arms and thighs.

I love your new avatar, IndioGrrl!

Thanks Green - Love the 50 - 30 just like our age :)

Hi,

Like you, I'm going for my first fill tomorrow. And I too have had binges on occasion, and doing ok with eating, and have to tell myself to stop even if I'm not full. I tested it out on Monday, ate one cup of cottage cheese and nope, didn't feel hungry. Last week, I had my first occasion of pb'ing but I figured out it was due to swallowing too large a bite.

So, it doens't sound like your band slipped, I think you would be more nauseous and throwing up and miserable.

I'm hoping the fill will help me feel full faster so that I'm a little more relaxed about the food intake.

I've read that it seems to take 3 fills to find the "sweet spot", I'm just nervous about the 1st fill. Sure hope it goes ok.

Good luck and hang in there. It's gonna take time to change habits that we've had for years!!!!!

Sue Stenzel

Denise - Were do you get Peanut Butter powder?? I love peanut butter.. I tried the matrix green apple but made the mistake of putting it in the blender - but didn't care for the taste anyway- someone said the Cookies and cream was good - The shakes are usually too sweet for me - i like the ones i make w/yogurt & fruit & pt powder the best.

Laurend posted a link to the company that I ordered it from. You'll have to do a thread search or PM Laurend. She is on the rants thread a lot. I don't have the email anymore confirming my order and I can't even remember the name of the company. I have meno fog brain.

Found it!

PB2 is a powder you mix with Water and believe it or not it is the real thing.

Serving size 2 tbsp

Calories 54

fat cal 25

Carbs 3.7 g

Pro 4.3 g

I got mine from a friend and I use a pkg of sweetner with it and it is

really good. My friend is a diabetic and she uses this.

For more info go to bellplantation.com

Sue Stenzel

Yep! That's where I ordered it from! I wish it would hurry up and get here!