Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

I'm with you Green I like my clothes baggy. I was a little bit miffed because I had three really smart trouser suits which were too small. I tried them on a few weeks ago when it was still warm and they fit me and I thought that they would be great to wear in the autumn after my holidays. When I came to put them on they drowned me, so now I will never get to wear them.

It did make me laugh Green when you said your pants fell off. I am sure I am wrong, but I had visions of this very small woman prancing about in her knickers with a huge swollen head, all bruised and scabby. I hope this post does not offend. I am laughing with you not at you.

Have a good holiday Dynamo

I'm with you Green I like my clothes baggy. I was a little bit miffed because I had three really smart trouser suits which were too small. I tried them on a few weeks ago when it was still warm and they fit me and I thought that they would be great to wear in the autumn after my holidays. When I came to put them on they drowned me, so now I will never get to wear them.

It did make me laugh Green when you said your pants fell off. I am sure I am wrong, but I had visions of this very small woman prancing about in her knickers with a huge swollen head, all bruised and scabby. I hope this post does not offend. I am laughing with you not at you.

Have a good holiday Dynamo

Yep, that is a pretty accurate view of Green in her underwear. LOL I looked like I belonged in the Epcot Centre, charming and terrifying kiddywinks and their parents. :)

green - do you think you might share a picture, even better, a before and after one???? Just nosy in Denver.

Well ladies - I am off to Mexico for two wonderful weeks. Please wish me sunshine and great times.

i am staying at a condo so I will be able to control the food better, but I love those marguaritas. Lots of walking in the sand and will try snorkeling if the Water is clear.

Hugs all,

Michelle

where in Mexico are you going? hope you have a wonderful time! i am soooo jealous! have a margarita for me too por favor! :biggrin1:

Hi everyone,

I finally have a consultation date with the M.D. I see him on Nov. 5th and surgery is tenatively Nov. 30. Woo Hoo...:clap2:

Congrats Brenda :clap2:

I think this is why i am blue today - all i have are fat clothes and they make me feel fat - like i haven't lost weight - even though they are baggie - i went shopping a couple of weekends ago - but there was nothing out there that i wanted to spend $$$ on when I know that in another couple of months they will be too big...

I think this is why i am blue today - all i have are fat clothes and they make me feel fat - like i haven't lost weight - even though they are baggie - i went shopping a couple of weekends ago - but there was nothing out there that i wanted to spend $$$ on when I know that in another couple of months they will be too big...

This stupid site makes me so mad sometimes. I wrote this big long response to your "blues" and all of a sudden it all went away in to Cyberspace before I could hit the "Post" button! Grrrr!

Anyways, I was saying that I've got a drawer full of new clothes in the next size down already out in the RV ready for the winter that I bought off clearance racks. I like Lands End, especially their Sports Knit Pants which I normally pay around $35 for. I found a pair in the next size that I will need for around $10, as well as a couple of tops that were that cheap and cheaper! Look at consignment shops, sales racks, etc. There's a store in DHS that has fairly nice clothes at reasonable prices but I can't think of the name of it. I even did a search on the internet and can't find it. It has an unusual name. And I like "Honey's" over by Olive Garden... Rancho Mirage, I think? Anyways, don't be "BLUE", keep looking! You'll find some things!

HI Everyone,

What is PB? I keep seeing that..... Pain in the chest I've had, but sliming is what? Sorry just not use to these terms yet.

JKR

Sliming is when your mouth fills up with Water or spit or whatever you want to call it, when food is trying to get through your band and things are not too happy inside.

Pb stands for productive burp, but in my opinion, it's just a nice way to say throw up. I have had pbs where I did burp and a little food came with it. But I have also had all out puking.

Normally you don't have any of these problems until you have a few fills.

This stupid site makes me so mad sometimes. I wrote this big long response to your "blues" and all of a sudden it all went away in to Cyberspace before I could hit the "Post" button! Grrrr!

Anyways, I was saying that I've got a drawer full of new clothes in the next size down already out in the RV ready for the winter that I bought off clearance racks. I like Lands End, especially their Sports Knit Pants which I normally pay around $35 for. I found a pair in the next size that I will need for around $10, as well as a couple of tops that were that cheap and cheaper! Look at consignment shops, sales racks, etc. There's a store in DHS that has fairly nice clothes at reasonable prices but I can't think of the name of it. I even did a search on the internet and can't find it. It has an unusual name. And I like "Honey's" over by Olive Garden... Rancho Mirage, I think? Anyways, don't be "BLUE", keep looking! You'll find some things!

Thanks Phyl !!!

I lost my signature earlier and now it's back so i understand what you are talking about

The wind is awful here and i don't think that helps my mood -

I have pants that fit - but it's mostly tops... We are at that inbetween weather - ready for winter (as much as we get winter) but still too warm to wear nylons heals etc heck for most 80 - 90 is summer weather not fall weather..

I have a class reunion meeting here at my house tonite and don't really feel like being around all these people and trying to play smart... Plus this is cutting into my exercise and tomorrow have another meeting w/partners in family ranches & realtor - gotta p/u grandkids - so no exercise tomorrow either.

I am 1 lb away from 40 and hope i make it to that 40 on Thursday without the benifit of exercise,...

Gosh I never thought i would be upset about Not being able to exercise - don't get me wrong - i still don't enjoy it while i am doing it - but i do enjoy the feel of acomplishment after it's done...

Also found out need new washer - mine was only 3 yrs old .... Being a big baby - there are people out there without a roof over their head or food in their tummy who have aids or cancer and are dying... I gotta get a grip... it will all work out it always does.

Will go washer and clothes shopping this weekend - I have a retirement party on the 27th so I need a dress for that - I thought Honey's only sold bathing suits??? And the only place i ever shopped for clothes in DHS was Kmart...

Thanks again for the love - it's much appreciated...

xoxox

Janet

(I HATE when that wind blows like crazy!)

Also found out need new washer - mine was only 3 yrs old ....

(3 years old and its shot??!! wow! that's frustrating! My DH would be finding a way to fix it. He can fix just about anything!)

- I thought Honey's only sold bathing suits??? And the only place i ever shopped for clothes in DHS was Kmart...

(No, Honey's seems to only advertise their bathing suits, but they sell lots of other stuff. It's really frustrating me that I can't think of the name of that store in DHS! Seems like it starts with an "S" but all I can think of is Sassy or Sunny, etc. and that's not it.)

Thanks again for the love - it's much appreciated...

xoxox

Janet

Happy shopping this weekend!

Isn't that aggravating? I hate it! Try this...write your response in notepad or wordpad then copy and paste it into your response here. That way it won't 'magically' disappear!

I have pants that fit - but it's mostly tops... We are at that inbetween weather - ready for winter (as much as we get winter) but still too warm to wear nylons heals etc heck for most 80 - 90 is summer weather not fall weather..

I have a class reunion meeting here at my house tonite and don't really feel like being around all these people and trying to play smart... Plus this is cutting into my exercise and tomorrow have another meeting w/partners in family ranches & realtor - gotta p/u grandkids - so no exercise tomorrow either.

I am 1 lb away from 40 and hope i make it to that 40 on Thursday without the benifit of exercise,...

When I lived in Los Angeles, the Santa Anas would come in periodically and it would make me sooooo irritable! It was like someone had rubbed sandpaper across my skin!

And I know just where you're coming from w/ the 'trying to play it smart' feeling...there are times when I'd just like to give whoever I'm talking to a big raspberry! There's this lady I work w/ who I sincerely believe thinks she is the effin' center of the universe! Everything is...'we're doing this this weekend' and 'my son/daughter/grandchild did this yesterday'. Even when she asks if you had a nice evening or weekend, it's usually so she'll have a good segue into what she's done. Sometimes I just want to say...who cares? Do you really think I care???? You're just NOT that interesting!!!

Ok, where did that come from? ;) Sorry. Must have been building up! Oh, I know...it's those durn Santa Anas...they're affecting me even here in Alabama!

Not to mention I had a fill and a weigh in yesterday and it didn't go as I'd hoped it would. I shouldn't complain, afterall, I did lose 3 pounds...but on the other hand, I ONLY LOST 3 POUNDS!!! And the worst thing is, it's all my own fault.

Indio, my weight keeps bouncing from 199 up to 202+ and slowly back again. It's psychological I'm sure. You're probably the same way. My pants are hanging off my bum (which I LOVE btw!) but then my nurse asked me if I was exercising and I had to admit...I'm a SLUG!!! :eek: Really. I HATE exercise!!!

I finally broke down and changed my goal weight in my signature to 150 as opposed to 135...I mean I'd LOVE to weigh 135...but frankly...I'd LOVE to weigh 150 too! :mad:

I'll stop now. Thank you ladies for allowing me to vent!

Happy shopping this weekend!

My X-DH (we are still friends - Love him - but can't live w/him) came over and took it apart (he to can usually fix anything) and the springs are shot - my GS OVERLOADS the sucker - I guess i shouldn't have gotten the lesser expensive model - I am cheap sometimes :)

Yes I forget to look at tickers and :clap2: 43 lbs :clap2:

I think all our wind down here got us on Good Morning America

As I was leaving this morning I heard something about wind is So CA... But off to work i went....