Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need suggestions.....

I am craving salt. I know my body must need a little. I grabbed a few potato chips (I know, bad choice! But I was desperate!), but am looking for a healthier option. Seems like my diet is filled with sweet stuff these days. Protein Shakes, yogurt, pudding....How can I get a little salt in?

I eat pumpkin seeds. Love the ones I found in the veggie area at Wal-mart, they are already out of the shells, not too much salty and high in Protein.< /p>

Hummus is a nice salty dip; and pnut butter too. Later on nuts are a good option.

These are my go-to salty snack, in one convenient little package!

Planters - Dry Roasted Peanuts, 1 oz (28g) / about 39 pieces cals 160 Protein 7 carbs 5 sugar 2 fat 14

I actually bought Protein potato chips from My bariatric pantry. They taste a lot like regular potato chips, but you get your Protein in at the same time. Not the sort of thing I would recommend all the time, but when I'm craving something salty, they do the trick.

Krista

PORK RINDS!!!! I was so happy when I realized Pork rinds were all Protein and no carbs. I had avoided them all my life and now I can have them!!!! Of course, that is kind of specific taste element...you either love 'em or hate 'em. Kathe

I actually bought Protein potato chips from My bariatric pantry. They taste a lot like regular potato chips, but you get your Protein in at the same time. Not the sort of thing I would recommend all the time, but when I'm craving something salty, they do the trick.

Krista

I can't wait to try these. Thanks for the tip!

and thanks to you meggs for the thread!

I recently discovered Just the cheese Crunchy Baked Cheese Snacks. Yummy, and satisfies that desire to crunch! I just ordered some of their popped cheese too - I miss popcorn sometimes and hope this might be a satisfying alternative for an occasional treat.

Im still on full liquids, so I resorted to sipping dill Pickle Juice to satisfy my salt craving. OMG! did it hit the spot.biggrin.gif

We were sleeved around the same time I think. Fat free refried Beans with cheese, low fat chili, or Soup with a little extra salt is good for my salt cravings. I know what you mean about only having sweet things. It definitely gets old. I already have halloween candy in my house and i'm not tempted at all.

What about almonds? They have a ton of flavored almonds by Blue Diamod. They are amazing! My favs: habenero BBQ (not as spicy as it sOunds), honey Dijon and chili lime. Amazing and good for us in moderation!

I was at Safeway last week and in the deli section they had "crackers" that were made entirely from cheese - four different flavors. They're nice and crunchy. Of course, I love anything made with cheese. But, no carbs, and several grams of Protein in them. You can make your own too, which I've done, but I have a hard time baking them for the right amount of time to get them crunchy. (There's a recipe on these forums for them).