Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and hungry!

hi guys, I am 6 weeks out and all of a sudden this week I am hungry! I want to eat, alot! I was hardly eating last week and this week I want to eat many times a day! I feel like I am going to mess everything up. Has anyone else gotten hungry like this so soon?

I was just getting ready to post pretty much the same thing! I am 5 weeks out, and have NOT lost my hunger. It got better weeks 3 and 4, but the past few days its back. I get full on small amounts, which is great, but I am hungry again 2-3 hours later. Sooooo frustrating. Are you on a PPI? I am on generic prilosec 20 mg once a day, may need to increase it to twice a day. I have also found that the past few days I am having a much harder time saying no to carbs. I am so scared that I will fail this tool. Good luck to you, and let me know if you find anything that helps.

I was just getting ready to post pretty much the same thing! I am 5 weeks out, and have NOT lost my hunger. It got better weeks 3 and 4, but the past few days its back. I get full on small amounts, which is great, but I am hungry again 2-3 hours later. Sooooo frustrating. Are you on a PPI? I am on generic prilosec 20 mg once a day, may need to increase it to twice a day. I have also found that the past few days I am having a much harder time saying no to carbs. I am so scared that I will fail this tool. Good luck to you, and let me know if you find anything that helps.

i feel the same way! I want to rock my sleeve but I am hungry all of a sudden. I started buying deli meat and cheese and have been eating that lately. yesterday i made grilled bacon, ham and provolone sandwiches and ate half a sandwich. Which I know is terrible, but, it was so good! anyway, i weighed myself and i am up 2 lbs. i feel devistated. I feel like how am I gonna do this? I was gonna not eat last night, but, I did. I had parmesean encrusted tilapia and creamed spinach. I feel like I fail at everything. I take nexium. I was on it for years prior to surgery, so my doctor kept me on it. I am frustrated. I have been thinking about chocolate alot too. I havent had any, but, I am scared that I might try a little here and there. Good luck to you too!

HI there..........I am 3 months out and have been hungry all day every day. Saw the surgeon and he said its normal and I told him I need to eat like 6 or 7 times a day ( I can only eat a tiny amount but still ) I am starving every 2 to 3 hrs like clockwork.He said since I am hungry like that just to make sure that carbs are limited or none and keep to the Protein foods and it will go the same as others who are hungry only a few times a day........All our bodies are different and metabolism works differently but in the end we have the same small bananna inside.......Good luck on your journey and hope this helps some. :rolleyes:

hi guys, I am 6 weeks out and all of a sudden this week I am hungry! I want to eat, alot! I was hardly eating last week and this week I want to eat many times a day! I feel like I am going to mess everything up. Has anyone else gotten hungry like this so soon?

I'm on my sixth week and suddenly, as of this past weekend, BAM I suddenly feel like I might be hungry randomly throughout the day.

I'm on a PPI, and I get full very fast, sometimes less than an egg will fill me up, but I am definitely starting to be able to tell when my body wants more fuel. Last night for example I thought I was really hungry, 1/2 of an egg later and I felt stuffed. I'm trying to focus on low carb options. There's random times too though where the thought of food makes me nauseous. I feel like it's just one big learning curve where one day is different than the next. :blink:

i am 3 months out and have never lost my hunger. I eat every 3 hrs or so, sometimes sooner. But i am eating about 4-6oz per meal. My surgeon said that i was on target. I do tend to stick to Protein. But somewhat discouraged because i seem hungry too often. I wish i was one of the people that had to remind themselves to eat. :( Good luck to everyone!

I am 6 weeks out and I am definitely hungry during the day. I do get full fairly quickly but I do know that if I wait too long to eat I am going to end up eating something I'm not supposed to so I try to have mini babybel light cheese and greek yogurt handy in the mid-morning and sliced ham, etc in the afternoon. I was hoping to be someone who had to remind myself to eat too!

I am soo glad I'm not the only one I am six weeks out and like clockwork every two hours I am hungry. It is so frustrating and I wish I had to remind myself to eat but no. My doctor told me this was normal so not to worry to much about it and stick to Protein I am losing anywhere from 2-3 pounds a day and hope this continues for the time being. I can only eat about a half a cup at a time. Some times not even that and the denser the protien the less i can get in.

I am 7 weeks out and I have the same issue. I eat every 3-4 hours. I eat Protein each time. I am on a PPI. I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. I wonder if it's because of all the small meals.