Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 DAYS POST SLEEVE

Hi my name is Sabrina and I am 5 days post surgery. When i went into surgery last Wednesday I was hungry of course cause I hadn't eaten the entire day previous. Well once I came out of the antestisia and was able to "feel" I had extreme pressure from what I beleived to be air, as the air decreased the pain remained and is what I now realize- Hunger pang :angry: ! It is terrible. If it wasn't for these pangs I would pretty much be great. Can anyone help me to understand what this is and/or when it will stop? Thank you!

I had what I thought was hunger pains but it was trapped gas, and swallowed gas. I am 3 weeks out now and have hunger pains but they are very mild and actually mean I am hungry and need to eat. It will get better!

I had what I thought was hunger pains but it was trapped gas, and swallowed gas. I am 3 weeks out now and have hunger pains but they are very mild and actually mean I am hungry and need to eat. It will get better!

Thanks for that. So when you have hunger pains and eat they go away, right? Cause right now it seems I get hungrier the more I consume :lol:

What are you eating?

I have some of the same feelings when I know I can't be hungry. I have attributed it to my new small stomach. I'm sure it makes some different sounds and feelings then the old one. I also have noticed it when I need burp. :)

I have some of the same feelings when I know I can't be hungry. I have attributed it to my new small stomach. I'm sure it makes some different sounds and feelings then the old one. I also have noticed it when I need burp. :)

I thinki I am a little better today. I ate 2 oz of cream of wheat with soy milk and splenda, it was delicious and I feel better. I guess I just need to give it more time. Tomorrow is barely 1 week. Thanks for your insight.

Good luck! It took me about 2 weeks post op to finally feel that subside. I felt like I could eat a cow if I could get it down. Some people seem to think it is acid reflux, but it feel like hunger.

But like I said it has subsided a great deal after two weeks.

Laura

I thinki I am a little better today. I ate 2 oz of cream of wheat with soy milk and splenda, it was delicious and I feel better. I guess I just need to give it more time. Tomorrow is barely 1 week. Thanks for your insight.

"Hunger" pangs are usually acid in disguise. If you are not taking daily Omeprazole, start taking it. If you are taking one a day, you might want to take 2 (one in the AM, one in the PM) Make sure you take it on a completely empty stomach and don't eat for an hour after.

A lot of us took the acid reducer from day one and continued to take them for months.

You can do it!!!!!!!

Drink, drink, drink lots of Water. When I drank 48oz of water each day, I never felt hungry. I'm not doing as well on the water right now, and I do feel mighty hungry at times.

Good luck! It took me about 2 weeks post op to finally feel that subside. I felt like I could eat a cow if I could get it down. Some people seem to think it is acid reflux, but it feel like hunger.

But like I said it has subsided a great deal after two weeks.

Laura

Yes, I feel I can eat a cow....well a big juicy burger would be good too. But again I feel it is getting better, I just can't stand that feeling of being hungry. Thanks for your response.

Drink, drink, drink lots of Water. When I drank 48oz of Water each day, I never felt hungry. I'm not doing as well on the water right now, and I do feel mighty hungry at times.

You know I am drinking more Isopure and Protein shakes trying to get my Protein, should I still drink lots of water in addition to this? I just don't want to feel hungry anymore!

Thanks for your advise!:D

I drink 8 oz of Protein with ground up oatmeal in am, then 2 oz of yogurt, Isopure between, 2 oz of broth, crystal lite, 2 oz cottage chesse, more liquids. And I am starving, what do you think?

Your eating what, What and WHAT??? my doctor said Clear Liquids for two weeks then 2 more weeks of puree. I am starving and can't drink another Protein anything. I'm angry because I am hungry and still having a hard time getting liquids and protein in withouth the air pain. This is day 7 for me its hard to stay on clears.

I am on day 17 post op and am on full liquids currently. I had the same hunger pangs and was told that it was from acid production. Your stomach used to be the size of a football and now it is just the size of a banana. However, your acid production doesn't automatically decrease when you have surgery. Instead it can take 1-2 months for it to regulate itself. This means that the hunger pangs are really your stomach acid looking for something to digest, hence sending you the signal to send something fast. If you take your prevacid 2x per day, these pangs will decrease greatly. Instead, you will get them only when you truly need some protein/fluids.

Keep in mind for us women, that we are shedding fat cells right now. Our fat cells contain a lot of estrogen, as these fat cells are shed the estrogen builds up in our blood stream and causes moodiness, depression and even moments of tears. It's perfectly normal as well.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

Your eating what, What and WHAT??? my doctor said Clear Liquids for two weeks then 2 more weeks of puree. I am starving and can't drink another Protein anything. I'm angry because I am hungry and still having a hard time getting liquids and Protein in withouth the air pain. This is day 7 for me its hard to stay on clears.

when Dr. Fedorka came in to discharge me he told me I could have anything that could fit through a straw, such as those things i mentioned above. You may want to ask your dr. I think it may be different for bypass.