Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

jewels of june check in!!

Hello fellow jewels of june!

Wanted to check how everyone is doing! How many calories are u eating now? And how much? Has your weight loss continued or has it slowed down? Hope everyone is well!!!

I had surgery on June 6th of this year. I don't really count calories anymore as in I don't have a total for each day although I do look at labels to make sure the calories aren't too high on anything I eat. I eat mostly Protein 3 times a day with 2 small Snacks. I eat a lot of grilled chicken and beef and seafood. I also eat cheese and beef Jerky. I've lost 76 lbs so far and only 54 lbs to goal. I can't wait! Hope everyone else is doing well, too. This was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Feeling great!!

Hello fellow jewels of june!

Wanted to check how everyone is doing! How many calories are u eating now? And how much? Has your weight loss continued or has it slowed down? Hope everyone is well!!!

wow that is amazing!! CONGRATS on your weight loss!! wowzers! Please share what you are doing? How much do you eat per meal? Are you counting carbs? How much are you excercising? Was all your weight loss post op?? Hope you dont mine, but please let me know, so i can tweek my weight loss!!! CONGRATS!!

I was sleeved on June 18. I started on the pre-op diet on June 1 and lost 20 pounds by the 18th. Since then, I have lost another 59 pounds for a total loss of 79 pounds so far. The weight loss has slowed down, but am still losing about a pound per week now. Was thrilled to be down in the 170s just yesterday! Can hardly believe it is me when I get on the scale!

I am not sure how many calories I eat per day, probably around 600-800. I can only eat about 5-6 bites per meal, so am really conscious about trying to make good choices for what I eat, to be sure I get my Protein in. I have started eating either a Protein Bar, or drinking a Protein Drink on a daily basis to supplement my Protein, as I was having a really hard time getting it all in when can only eat 5-6 bites per meal. (I hate to consume the calories associated with the Protein Bar or drink. I try to read the labels and make sure that I am not eating some "glorified" candy bar, but something with a significant amount of protein in it!) I am working on trying to acquire a taste for Greek Yogurt, since it has lots of protein, but so far, it doesn't taste that good to me, but I keep trying!

I get all my liquids in with no problem. I drink iced tea (unsweetened) or Chi Latte all day long. I am using an unsweetened Chi Latte and mix half and half with skim milk, so am getting some Calcium and Vit D along with part of my liquids when I drink the Chi Latte.

I mainly eat chicken, fish, eggs, cheese or Peanut Butter for my protein. Have to limit the Peanut Butter because of the fats in it, but it does taste good on my half an English muffin for Breakfast. Carbs (in bread, Pasta and potatoes) were really hard for me to give up. So two or three times a week I treat myself to a half an English muffin with peanut butter on it for Breakfast. That is about all the carbs I eat, except for fruit. I try to eat an apple every day or so to help me "stay regular".

The really funny thing is, since my sleeve surgery, I have lost my sweet tooth! I used to LOVE Cookies, cakes, pies, candy. Now they just don't taste good to me! BUT, I still love to bake them. The gals at work are all complaining that I have to quit bringing baked goodies to work, as they are all gaining weight! I love to cook and bake, and the more I lose, the more I seem to want to bake stuff. So everyone at work asks me "what did you bring tonight?" when I get to work. They all look forward to trying whatever new things I baked that day.

I was sleeved on June 6th and have lost 54 lbs so far. I eat anywhere from 800 to 1100 calories a day. But mostly stay in the 900s. I get in all my Protein and Water and eat about 65 carbs a day on average. (I can't do super low carb, it makes me feel like I'm on a diet...haha) My weight loss has slowed down, I too lose about a pound a week now, but that's ok with me as long as I lose. I want to avoid as much loose skin as possible...which brings me to my biggest fault...I'm not exercising as much as I should. Anybody got any advice for an old couch potato? Glad to hear from you all...

Jewels of June Unite!

I was sleeved June 2 I have lost a total of 75 pounds. I am eating around 600 to 900 cal a day. I still can only eat about 1/3 to 1/2 a cup at a time depending on what it is. I seem to have alot of stalls. They normally last about 2 weeks or so. I am on one right now as I type. But once I start losing again I tend to lose about a pound a day. I still say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. It is amazing.

I must be the SLOWEST LOSER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for all of you! You all are doing amazing!! I wish my loss was like yours :(

How much excercise are you doing? I need to jump kick my excercise. I need to jum kick my weight loss!!

Wow, I'm also envious of everyone's weight loss pace. I'm down about 32 pounds since my surgery on 6/29, that's 11 weeks. I lost another 20 pounds pre-op. Weight loss averages 2 pounds/week probably at this point.

My calorie intake is generally between 600 - 900, I exercise approx. 45 minutes 6 times/week (stationary bike or treadmill), plus I recently started yoga twice a week.

My portions are actually smaller this week - still figuring out why I'm suddenly feeling more restriction. I start my day off with a Protein hot cocoa, breakfast is usually protein only, with the very occasional 100-calorie Chobani Champions greek yogurt thown in for variety (higher in carbs, so it's not a regular treat). lunch is 1/4 - 1/2 cup tuna and cottage cheese mix, or 1-2T Peanut Butter, or 2-3 oz. grilled salmon. dinner is the protein part of whatever I'm serving my husband - I've been trying out the recipes on BariatricEating.com recently and they're FABULOUS. I was doing a late afternoon cheese snack, but I'm too stuffed this week.

Escape_Pod you are doing really good! REALLY GOOD!! I can only let everyone's #'s encourage me not make me discouraged!! I just gotta do better!! :) Thanks for sharing.

I am down 40 lbs since June 22. I have had a few stalls. I went on a cruise for a week, did not lose any weight that week, but did not gain. I took my Protein Powder with me and supplemented 1 meal with a Protein Shake. I have slowed down on my weight loss also, I have started at a gym.

One thing I noticed is that when I had my stalls, the inches came off. I have a huge chore ahead of me today. Sorting through and getting rid of all my large sizes that do not fit anymore.

I am going to contact a women's shelter for donation, also there is a local support group for WLS in my town for a clothing exchange of any of you have that available.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling good and getting used to MY new normal.

rolleyes.gif

I was sleeved June 7,2011. I am down almost 65 lbs with pre-op loss. I am logging my food on MyFitnessPal. I average about 1500 calories a day, with about 100 grams of crabs. The crabs are much easier going down than the dense Proteins. I had been exercising about 3 days a week until I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago – got to get back to the gym.

The last couple of weeks I have been experiencing almost like a “dumping” type response when I eat chocolate or anything with really high sugar content. I didn’t have these reactions early on in my journey. Did any of you develop “dumping”or have you had it since day one?

This is still the best thing I ever did for myself. The first couple of weeks are rough, but life is good. Now I am talking to me more than you, This is just a tool to control your intake of food, it still comes down to diet and exercise…sorry for all of us looking for the easy way out, it ain’t gonna happen!

Goodlick to all the Jewels of June!

If you haven’t been sleeved, stop messing around. Monday ain’t coming – JUST DO IT!biggrin.gif

I did have a very mild "dumping" sort of experience one time. Ate too much of something sugary, and got really nauseous. Hard to tell when that developed, since I fortunately don't eat anything likely to bring it on very often. I'm still figuring out how to find the best balance between allowing myself the occasional treat to avoid the "this is a temporary diet" mentality, and not slipping back into bad eating habits. I'm kind of afraid of sugar and chocolate at this point - probably not a bad thing!! :rolleyes:

I'm a slow loser too but I am very happy with my weight loss (most of the time :D ).. people who don't know i had the surgery are not too suspicious. I have lost total of 60 pounds, 40 pounds since the surgery (june 11th).. day of surgery I was 228... I did a happy dance when i was below 200 pounds. I want to lose 35 more, but will reassess my body after 20 more pounds. I want to be size 10/12 on my bottom and right now i'm a size 14.

I've lost a total of 60 lbs. that's including the 25 lbs. lost during pre-op. My surgery was on June 23, 2011. In the beginning I was logging everything and then I stopped. It got to were I felt out of control of my weight loss (I never gained anything though) and it just felt chaotic! Then within the last couple of weeks, I got tired of not knowing how much of everything I was taking in so I started logging again. I've only once gotten around 1000 calories. Most days, I get anywhere from 600-800 calories. I do include carbs but keep them between 30-50 grams a day....usually. I still struggle with getting in my Protein because I'm so sick of everything and I'm hardly ever hungry but I do get 50-65 grams most days. Honestly, I don't feel like I need to log calories because with what I eat each day, I can't take much more in even if I wanted to and I know I'm not getting many calories. Though I do log them just so I can see for myself. :)