Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody at least 6 months post op and regret their sleeve?

Anybody? I know it can be really rough for some in those first few weeks and I want to give them some hope. Also, did you struggle early on but love it now?

I'm 4 months out and was terribly exhausted for at least 10 weeks, which I didn't expect, but I'm 101 pounds down and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I am 5 months out today and have ZERO regrets. I have lost 73 lbs from my highest weight last January, 57 pounds since surgery. My biggest surprise was also how tired I was during the first several weeks. Come home from work and take a 2-hour nap tired. I didn't get my energy back until I was on full solids again at almost 3 months post op.

Nope, not really.

9+ months out and here are SOME things I regret or don't like:

• I had a LOT of good quality, fairly expensive nice clothes I had to get rid of when I lost weight.
  • It occurred to me today, It's really hard to shave now, my face used to be round and the razor slid around, I now have a lot of sharp angles that I have to really concentrate on or suffer with scratchy peach fuzz all day.
  • Putting my wife through few decades of living with a fatty, she never complained but I looked terrible and it really kept me from doing a lot of things with her.
  • That I waited so long to do it.

Almost 8 months out and no regrets at all. It gets me upset when newbies, particularly those 3 months and less, get on the boards discouraging others. Anyone who reads this board and research the surgery know that there are some set backs. There is the 3 week stall (that can last more than a month), there's the throwing up, there's the mourning of food, and slow losers (like myself) BUT all in all those of us 6 months or more out (even some with SERIOUS complications) wouldn't go back to how we were.

I always feel that someone who is still researching the Sleeve verus other WL options will turn away because they read a rant of regret from someone 1 month out. They miss the chance to change thier lives based on an "in the moment" and emotional writin. Then when such said ranter is 6 months out and close to 100 pounds lost (Praising God for this tool) the researching newbie will still be unhappy and unhealthy.

I'm sorry for my soapbox. I know these boards are a place to come and vent, read, learn, and testify. I myself have posted some post that I now look at and laugh about. And even in my slow losing phrase, I come a write BUT I am always so careful to search on previous topics and answers before I unleash my sleeve wrath because its all here on the boards- rarely nothing new under the Web sun.

ut again- back to your question- I DON'T REGRET ONE MINUTE OF THE SLEEVE.

Rootman I like your list of regrets, let me add mine. I had to cut my hair because everyone said I had to much hair for my small face and spending a lot more time shopping. Other than that no regrets. 10 months since my sleeve. janine

Nope, not really.

9+ months out and here are SOME things I regret or don't like:

• I had a LOT of good quality, fairly expensive nice clothes I had to get rid of when I lost weight.
  • It occurred to me today, It's really hard to shave now, my face used to be round and the razor slid around, I now have a lot of sharp angles that I have to really concentrate on or suffer with scratchy peach fuzz all day.
  • Putting my wife through few decades of living with a fatty, she never complained but I looked terrible and it really kept me from doing a lot of things with her.
  • That I waited so long to do it.

I agree 100% with the above posts. Occasionally I have a fleeting feeling of "I wish I could eat more of this food," but mostly I am SO GRATEFUL to have this wonderful tool! I love having the restriction for those times I might overeat. I'm thankful that now I love/crave Protein and eat mostly good carbs. I'm thrilled that my sweet tooth and appetite no longer control my life. I'm thankful that I waited for the sleeve and didn't have the RNY or lap band.

I WOULD NEVER, EVER CHOOSE TO GO BACK TO THE WAY i WAS!!!

I agree 100% with the above posts. Occasionally I have a fleeting feeling of "I wish I could eat more of this food," but mostly I am SO GRATEFUL to have this wonderful tool! I love having the restriction for those times I might overeat. I'm thankful that now I love/crave Protein and eat mostly good carbs. I'm thrilled that my sweet tooth and appetite no longer control my life. I'm thankful that I waited for the sleeve and didn't have the RNY or lap band.

I WOULD NEVER, EVER CHOOSE TO GO BACK TO THE WAY i WAS!!!

Ditto! Ditto!! and TRIPLE DITTO!! I couldn't have said it better myself! Oops, sorry I am not 6 mos out yet, but I am half way to my goal already.

There is no malfeasance intended by those of us who are post op less than three months when we express the FACT that post op is not easy and many of the changes we are experiencing are disorienting and uncomfortable. The feelings we experience are real and our ability to come on this board to be heard is very therapeutic.

Your comment is one of the worst I have seen in a long time trying to shame us in to lying to ourselves that everything is rosy.

My momma used to say if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything.

I am glad that at 8 months out all is well for you.

Almost 8 months out and no regrets at all. It gets me upset when newbies, particularly those 3 months and less, get on the boards discouraging others. Anyone who reads this board and research the surgery know that there are some set backs. There is the 3 week stall (that can last more than a month), there's the throwing up, there's the mourning of food, and slow losers (like myself) BUT all in all those of us 6 months or more out (even some with SERIOUS complications) wouldn't go back to how we were.

I always feel that someone who is still researching the Sleeve verus other WL options will turn away because they read a rant of regret from someone 1 month out. They miss the chance to change thier lives based on an "in the moment" and emotional writin. Then when such said ranter is 6 months out and close to 100 pounds lost (Praising God for this tool) the researching newbie will still be unhappy and unhealthy.

I'm sorry for my soapbox. I know these boards are a place to come and vent, read, learn, and testify. I myself have posted some post that I now look at and laugh about. And even in my slow losing phrase, I come a write BUT I am always so careful to search on previous topics and answers before I unleash my sleeve wrath because its all here on the boards- rarely nothing new under the Web sun.

ut again- back to your question- I DON'T REGRET ONE MINUTE OF THE SLEEVE.