Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any New Jersey Gastric Sleevers?

Well I went for my first seminar last night, in Newark DE! Going for my consultation today, same place.

I live in Flemington NJ, so could get it done here. But heard this doctor in DE is very aggressive with insurance & hoping he can get me covered. My problem is that I have a BMI of 40 (just there), but have not had it for 2yrs+ & need that for my Aetna insurance. I have definitely had a BMI of 35+ for 2 years, but that isn't going to help I don't think.

If the doctor today does not think I can get covered by insurance, then I will be looking coser to home for my surgery & doing self-pay. Hoping not to do that though!

Hello everyone!!!!! I'm from Hudson County NJ my doc has an office in Hoboken and Summit. Had my sleeve done Feb 8th in Overlook Hospital Summit NJ.

Hello everyone!!!!! I'm from Hudson County NJ my doc has an office in Hoboken and Summit. Had my sleeve done Feb 8th in Overlook Hospital Summit NJ.

Hi Kim... Do you go to dr. Goyal?? I have him! I heard he's amazing. I'm scheduled for march 19th.. How r u feeling??

Well I went for my first seminar last night' date=' in Newark DE! Going for my consultation today, same place.

I live in Flemington NJ, so could get it done here. But heard this doctor in DE is very aggressive with insurance & hoping he can get me covered. My problem is that I have a BMI of 40 (just there), but have not had it for 2yrs+ & need that for my Aetna insurance. I have definitely had a BMI of 35+ for 2 years, but that isn't going to help I don't think.

If the doctor today does not think I can get covered by insurance, then I will be looking coser to home for my surgery & doing self-pay. Hoping not to do that though![/quote']

Good luck!

Congrats! I am sure it will go great! I havent had any complications. I am hoping it stays that way. Just make sure right after you keep moving around right way.

Make sure you drink your full amount the doctor recommends for the liquid diet portion. I was going to go back to work today but I woke up feeling extremely fatigued and tired. I called the doctor and he think it was dehyrdation. He recommended some hydrating drinks like gatorade and I am feeling much better now.

Good luck!

Good luck!

I have a similar situation and I have Aetna. They approved me right away..I think it depends more on your co-morbidities. I had several..

Hi Bella143 yes I used Dr Goyal he is great a little rough with the bed side manners :) but an outstanding surgeon I've been a patient of his for many years. The sleeve has been rough for me the first 2 weeks was the worse it was so bad that I was really having regrets. It has got a little better since then I'm still having a rough time getting all my required fluids in so all I do is sip all day. And the Protein for me is the worse I have not found a protein I can tolerate at all everyone I tried and it makes me sick 2 my stomach and occasionally made me vomit. So I just consertrate on my liquids. And now for some reason my chewable vitamins are making me sick also the chewable Pepcid it's crazy on how much your taste buds change post op. I'm down 30lbs so far buts it's hard and scary at the same time. There was days were I couldn't even get out of the bed in the beginning all I wanted to do is sleep that's how weak I felt. The pain post op wasn't bad at all I used the pain meds in the hospital and that was it. The most important thing is to walk walk walk right after surgery trust me you do not want the gas pains it's the worst feeling ever. I had an episode the next day right after I was released from the hospital I was in so much pain :( I wish you luck and hope everything goes well. And just remember even though you don't want to hear it things do get better it's a slow healing process. I'm a month out and still have my issues but nothing like I was feeling in the first 2 weeks.

Hi Leesakake. Overlook was great I've stayed there a few times and never had any complaints :) my best advice is to walk as much as possible post op. I'm a month out and still struggling with many things. But I'm def. feeling a lot better then I was. I think I finally feel good enough to go back to work on Monday so hopefully I'm ready. So good luck with everything hope to hear from you soon.

I am from Carneys Point NJ

Hi Bella143 yes I used Dr Goyal he is great a little rough with the bed side manners :) but an outstanding surgeon I've been a patient of his for many years. The sleeve has been rough for me the first 2 weeks was the worse it was so bad that I was really having regrets. It has got a little better since then I'm still having a rough time getting all my required fluids in so all I do is sip all day. And the Protein for me is the worse I have not found a Protein I can tolerate at all everyone I tried and it makes me sick 2 my stomach and occasionally made me vomit. So I just consertrate on my liquids. And now for some reason my chewable Vitamins are making me sick also the chewable Pepcid it's crazy on how much your taste buds change post op. I'm down 30lbs so far buts it's hard and scary at the same time. There was days were I couldn't even get out of the bed in the beginning all I wanted to do is sleep that's how weak I felt. The pain post op wasn't bad at all I used the pain meds in the hospital and that was it. The most important thing is to walk walk walk right after surgery trust me you do not want the gas pains it's the worst feeling ever. I had an episode the next day right after I was released from the hospital I was in so much pain :( I wish you luck and hope everything goes well. And just remember even though you don't want to hear it things do get better it's a slow healing process. I'm a month out and still have my issues but nothing like I was feeling in the first 2 weeks.

Thank you so much.. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm really nervous n scared.

Good luck!

Thank you. I will be going local it seems. DE doctor was very very nice, but basically told me Aetna won't cover me, so I am better off choosing somewhere closer to my house (as I would need follow up appts etc.).

I have a consultation with Dr Ballem (with Hunterdon Medical Center) next tuesday. I'm excited to get this started!

Thank you. I will be going local it seems. DE doctor was very very nice' date=' but basically told me Aetna won't cover me, so I am better off choosing somewhere closer to my house (as I would need follow up appts etc.).

I have a consultation with Dr Ballem (with Hunterdon Medical Center) next tuesday. I'm excited to get this started![/quote']

I'm surprised Aetna won't cover you because I have Aetna . Maybe it depends what kind of Aetna you have.

I'm surprised Aetna won't cover you because I have Aetna . Maybe it depends what kind of Aetna you have.

Yes, my problem is I haven't had a BMI of 40+ for 2yrs or more.

I have had a BMI of 35+ for more than 2 yrs but no comorbidities.

Dr Ballem's office sounded very helpful though & sounds like they will really try to get me covered too. But don't think I will be covered. :(

Yes, my problem is I haven't had a BMI of 40+ for 2yrs or more.

I have had a BMI of 35+ for more than 2 yrs but no comorbidities.

Dr Ballem's office sounded very helpful though & sounds like they will really try to get me covered too. But don't think I will be covered. :(

Ohh I understand. I hope everything works well for you!