Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise mishap

Im 9 days postop and trying to be a good patoent. So last night I'm walking my dog, walking, walking and bam! I'm on the sidewalk. I look down And managed to find the booby trap. A hole in the sidewalk perfectly hidden by grass. So I ended up with a twisted ankle, busted knee, and a laughing pizza delivery boy who happened to drive by. Ha! That must of been a sight. Had to limp my a$$ half mile home. Maybe today will be better. :)

@Jill, I am so sorry you fell but I have to be honest, this is just the comic relief that I needed. I hope you don't have any serious injuries and that all soreness will be gone soon.

Take care,

Niki

That's never good!.

I fell off my horse yesterday! I'm a little sore but the way I fell (in slow motion,lol) I didn't hurt anything and when I did land it was just enough to pop some lower back bones that have needed it so bad so so long. I actually feel better today walking in to work. I really think I should go get re-aligned now. I bet it would feel really good then.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad.

Oh my! I am glad you are okay. I can't take my dog for a walk, she is a golden, she'd end up taking me for a walk LOL I have been walking the block a couple times, you are doing great!

At least you have a good sense of humor about it! keep up the good work!

so sorry! i had the same thing happen to me when i was my heaviest. i was wearing heals, which is horrible. i twisted my ankle and i fell down between the curb and a truck. i was literally stuck between the two and had to have my hubby help me out. soooooo embarrising! hope you feel better!

i was kicking my legs up in the air too :)

On top of it all, I would have peed my pants!biggrin.gif

Jill, I hate it when your just walking along and then BAM! you end up on the ground! I am so glad you are okay and did not seriously injure yourself. Thank goodness you still have pain meds huh?

Julie, I almost fell off my horse on Monday. He has recently recovered from an eye injury on his left side and he did not see our cows under the trees until we were almost beside them so he spooked and tried to duck out from underneath me. I stayed on but my poor husband about had heart failure thinking NO..NO..not her stomach! I ride English and he rides Western so he always thinks I am going to fall off since I do not have a saddle horn. Ha! showed him...lol

Jill, I hate it when your just walking along and then BAM! you end up on the ground! I am so glad you are okay and did not seriously injure yourself. Thank goodness you still have pain meds huh?

Julie, I almost fell off my horse on Monday. He has recently recovered from an eye injury on his left side and he did not see our cows under the trees until we were almost beside them so he spooked and tried to duck out from underneath me. I stayed on but my poor husband about had heart failure thinking NO..NO..not her stomach! I ride English and he rides Western so he always thinks I am going to fall off since I do not have a saddle horn. Ha! showed him...lol

That is scary. That was the first thing my boyfriend said too. I just got up and got back on. I wish I had an excuse besides not riding her for a while made her kind of barn sour. She was ready to go home. I rode yesterday and she did great though. I find it's the best relaxation for me. You should see my horse, my dog and I just out riding. I also have to say it the sleeve has changed everything for me. It is so much easier to get on my horse and ride. I am so please.

Glad you didn't fall off.

Im 9 days postop and trying to be a good patoent. So last night I'm walking my dog, walking, walking and bam! I'm on the sidewalk. I look down And managed to find the booby trap. A hole in the sidewalk perfectly hidden by grass. So I ended up with a twisted ankle, busted knee, and a laughing pizza delivery boy who happened to drive by. Ha! That must of been a sight. Had to limp my a$$ half mile home. Maybe today will be better. :)

I tell you, exercise is hazardous to your life! lol . . . hope your ok !

That's never good!.

I fell off my horse yesterday! I'm a little sore but the way I fell (in slow motion,lol) I didn't hurt anything and when I did land it was just enough to pop some lower back bones that have needed it so bad so so long. I actually feel better today walking in to work. I really think I should go get re-aligned now. I bet it would feel really good then.

I hope you didn't hurt yourself to bad.

Julie - Sounds like you have found a new way to do a chiropratic adjustment! :lol:

Julie - Sounds like you have found a new way to do a chiropratic adjustment! :lol:

I feel a ton better really but wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.LOL!:wink_smile: