Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is weird, but did anyone ask...

This is a very serious and important message to everyone. My sister who was sleeved on 08/30/11 without any prior complications or red flags, nor any surgical complications was told that a tiny tumor was found on the portion that is sent off automatic for pathology evaluation. Her pathology results came back two days ago and unfortunately it was a very rare form of stomach cancer, not seen inside the stomach during the required pre-EGD, but as a tiny bump on the outside of the removed portion the stomach. Her sleeve was LIFE SAVING in more than one way!!! Had she not had the Sleeve, this cancer could have been been devastating before it reared it's ugly head. She has many things to overcome on her journey, hopefully all will be ok. If you're at all curious, http://www.gistsuppo...hat-is-gist.php, The photo of the removed stomach is amazing. It looks like they ate a full course meal.

Wow! So glad they found that and cut it out. That's so scary! Will they do more testing to make sure there is none remaining in her sleeve?

This is a very serious and important message to everyone. My sister who was sleeved on 08/30/11 without any prior complications or red flags, nor any surgical complications was told that a tiny tumor was found on the portion that is sent off automatic for pathology evaluation. Her pathology results came back two days ago and unfortunately it was a very rare form of stomach cancer, not seen inside the stomach during the required pre-EGD, but as a tiny bump on the outside of the removed portion the stomach. Her sleeve was LIFE SAVING in more than one way!!! Had she not had the Sleeve, this cancer could have been been devastating before it reared it's ugly head. She has many things to overcome on her journey, hopefully all will be ok. If you're at all curious, http://www.gistsuppo...hat-is-gist.php, The photo of the removed stomach is amazing. It looks like they ate a full course meal.

Okay all, I just posted pictures of my sleeve surgery on my blog if anyone is interested. It's not pretty! :oI'm so glad I don't look like that on the outside! :lol:

http://sliceofhealth...my-stomach.html

Wow! Thanks for posting. I wish I had pictures!

LOL! This post and the replies are funny. :laugh:

How does that size stomach, thinking all of ours is about the same size, hold all the food I can eat at one setting? I guess this is the non-stretched version - I am surprised at the size.

My surgeon does a leak test before they finish the surgery. This is my stomach filled with gas to see of there are any leaks. You have to remember that when chewed food gets to your stomach its like mush and it can pack in there. Post surgery I don't know how 2oz can fit in my stomach that is the size of a straw.

In and out of surgery with no leaks and no drain in 42 minutes... kuddos to Dr pleatman!

Everytime I have had surgery and had a body part removed (gallbladder, hysterectomy, now the sleeve) I tell the surgeon - "I don't care if you find the Hope Diamond's twin inside me, don't show it to me." I am squeamish and didn't want to see my innards. B)

Okay all, I just posted pictures of my sleeve surgery on my blog if anyone is interested. It's not pretty! :oI'm so glad I don't look like that on the outside! :lol:

http://sliceofhealth...my-stomach.html

Thanks for the pics! Awesome. Yours will be the second blog I am reading. I really have come to appreciate these blogs. I like to know what I might expect and it's sort of like having a friend to go through it all with me.

Brook, the whole thing is really amazing. And, to think this was accomplished in 42 minutes...!

My surgeon does a leak test before they finish the surgery. This is my stomach filled with gas to see of there are any leaks. You have to remember that when chewed food gets to your stomach its like mush and it can pack in there. Post surgery I don't know how 2oz can fit in my stomach that is the size of a straw.

In and out of surgery with no leaks and no drain in 42 minutes... kuddos to Dr pleatman!

They also found several small tumors in my stomach during surgery which we did not know that I had. I was lucky that the pathology came back benign but if left it could had eventually turned into something more serious. I am so grateful for this surgery.