Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hitting 60 lb mark and hair falling out in HANDFULS!

Fixing to hit my 60 lb loss mark! YEA! Don't get me wrong ...still not sorry I chose the sleeve. Feel better everyday (although I still get really tired sometimes). My husband has commented that I act years younger! My knees don't creak and joints all over my body feel MUCH better.

I am getting my Protein, Vitamins, and Water in everyday. (and doc had me on B Complex Vitamin which contains Biotin since surgery)

Just started end of last week.....HAIR falling out in CLUMPS! Thankfully I have alot of hair but STILL KINDA FREAKING ME OUT HERE!

I know everyone posts that it will come back when weightloss evens out.

1. I have read that month 3 is when the hair usually starts (and yes this is month 3 for me) What month did you notice it start coming back?

2. Do you loose it to the point of bald? Do most people? I have no bald Patches yet but I mean to tell you I am scared to run my fingers through my hair as it comes back with a HANDFUL?

Just trying to prepare myself....if I had not read it here I really would have freaked. This support group ROCKS!!!!

Thanks for any info......

Hello!

You are going to get a lot of feed back on this one, and your going to have people say nothing works, no vitiman, no supplement, no Shampoo nothing will stop the hair loss.. and then your going to have people say they found something that works for them!!! :D

So, for me.. I bought Biotin - 5000 mcg in a little, small soft gel capsule... found it on the net, then found it at Meijers stores. I did not start taking it until my hair started coming out in handfuls like you say.. and OMG, for the next 4-5 weeks it was pretty bad... But I stayed with my Biotin 5000 mcg - twice a day morning after a protien bar and at night after I ate my evening meal... Then I read on post here that nothing works, nothing.. & blah, blah... I kind of backed off taking it because it promotes hair growth.. total hair growth.. not just on your head! Within a couple of weeks I was back to gobs & gobs of hair coming out... I got back on the Biotin and it has cut down my loss.. I stil have Hair loss, but not handfuls each day like I was seeing without the Biotin... I tried without, tried with, tried without and am back being a beliver of Biotin...

Hello!

You are going to get a lot of feed back on this one, and your going to have people say nothing works, no vitiman, no supplement, no Shampoo nothing will stop the hair loss.. and then your going to have people say they found something that works for them!!! :D

So, for me.. I bought Biotin - 5000 mcg in a little, small soft gel capsule... found it on the net, then found it at Meijers stores. I did not start taking it until my hair started coming out in handfuls like you say.. and OMG, for the next 4-5 weeks it was pretty bad... But I stayed with my Biotin 5000 mcg - twice a day morning after a protien bar and at night after I ate my evening meal... Then I read on post here that nothing works, nothing.. & blah, blah... I kind of backed off taking it because it promotes hair growth.. total hair growth.. not just on your head! Within a couple of weeks I was back to gobs & gobs of hair coming out... I got back on the Biotin and it has cut down my loss.. I stil have Hair loss, but not handfuls each day like I was seeing without the Biotin... I tried without, tried with, tried without and am back being a beliver of Biotin...

Thanks!!! Any info is appreciated! I know everyone has different ideas and what works for one person does not work for the other! Doc only has me on 500 a day of biotin...might up that and see what happens....at this point couldn't hurt! Thanks again!

And it makes me feel great to see you are ahead of me and still have hair at 81 lb loss (CONGRATS to you on that too!) Thanks again!

Thanks!!! Any info is appreciated! I know everyone has different ideas and what works for one person does not work for the other! Doc only has me on 500 a day of Biotin...might up that and see what happens....at this point couldn't hurt! Thanks again!

And it makes me feel great to see you are ahead of me and still have hair at 81 lb loss (CONGRATS to you on that too!) Thanks again!

Thank you! Sunday will be my 8 month mark and I am hopefull to hit the 100 pd loss!!! 100 more to go! UGH..

You hit the nail right on the head... everyone is different... remember that throughout your journey. It is so very hard to not compare yourself to others, what your tummy can tolerate and cant, how much weight you lose compared to others... everyone is different... You said!!

I think your right, I have had thinning hair even before my surgery. Most of us do lose a lot of hair after the surgery and most likely there is nothing we can do about it. But by taking Vitamins and Biotin along with eating our Protein will help keep the new Hair growth healthier and stronger. At 10 months now my hair has been thicker than it has been in years, at least I think it is. Supermom, congrats on the weight loss your doing great, Janine

Hello!

I agree Biotin 5000 is what I am taking twice a day. I also use Nutri-Ox Shampoo and conditioner. I have noticed my loss becoming less and less. I'm 6 months out. It hasn't completley stopped but it has cut the loss more than in half. Went from hand fulls to just enough to barely cover the drain in the shower. But again everyone is different. I will continue to take the Biotin and using the shampoo and conditioner. Good luck! :)

Deb

I noticed a lot of Hair loss at about 3 months out. It lasted until about month 6. Now I feel like I lose about what I lost a day before the surgery. I also take Biotin daily... not sure of the dosage. I'm not sure if it is what stopped the hairloss or if it is just the cycle of Hair growth, but to be safe, I'm sticking with the biotin still.

My hair is coming out like crazy, it is really starting to freak me out. I am shedding worse than the dogs. I only need to touch my head and I have a handful of hair, I feel like I can make a wig with what comes out in the shower. I do have a lot of hair but I keep telling my husband if this doesn't let up soon I am going to be bald. I have the Biotin but I have not been taking it consistently. I am trying to get as much Protein as possible each day and I have a long way to go before my weightloss evens itself out because I have so much weight yet to lose.

I am just hoping for the best.