Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my PCP clearance yesterday. All tests were completed and insurance approval obtained so now just waiting on a date. I know that Banner Bariatrics had about 30 people ahead of me that they were scheduling for September so I may get pushed into October. They had told me they have a challenge in getting OR time for their surgery-ready cohort of patients.

Really ready to get to the pre-op diet!

I too am waiting for my date from Banner Bariatrics. I wasn't informed of all the files waiting to be scheduled but I do know it took about a week for them to submit the file to insurance. I am so anxious I can't stand it!

Last time I talked to Eileen, about two weeks ago, she said they were working on September surgery dates. I told her I could not get my PCP clearance until the 29th as he was out of town and asked if I could still make September. She said she could not guarantee that.

Do you come to the support group meetings? Would love to meet you!

Judy

I just talked to Eilleen on Friday and she said they were scheduling for October now. I too was hoping to be a September sleever but that isn't going to happen. I went to one of the January info sessions and met with Dr. Schuster a couple weeks after. Seems like this is taking forever! I have been to one of the support meetings but plan on going to more.

Ok, well surely I will be October also. I have been at it since my initial consultation the end of January. My insurance required a three month supervised program, then there was some delay in getting the insurance straight. I have Dr. Chen since Dr. Shuster won't take anyone 65 or over (I'm 66).

I couldn't go to the last support group given by the psychologist, but I usually make them all and find they are useful.

Let me know as soon as you hear something and I will do the same!

I too have been at this since January. My insurance required 3 month medically supervised weight loss then in the middle of my 3rd month the policy changed to 6 months or I would be done :(

I plan on going to the group on the 21st (for stress I think). I met with Dr. Schuster but I would also use Dr. Chen if he could get me in early. I heard high recommendations for both surgeons. I just called the nurse line to find out if they received my lab results from Friday's draw. That was all I was waiting on. I think I should have had my date after my insurance approved! I will keep you updated. Thanks.

Hey ladies, I'm another Banner patient. I also started in January, finished the three month diet in May, and was happily sleeved last week! It will happen, it might seem so far away, but it will happen. Go out and enjoy your yummy meals, because the liquid diet will SUCK!!

So, Eilieen is back, huh? Part of my delay was that she left and no one was there to submit, so mine got submitted over three weeks after I thought it was submitted. Then they kept not passing my file over to scheduling. But even with all that, I can gladly report that as of tomorrow, I will have been sleeved for one week! If you have any questions from the other side, feel free to ask. I have had very little pain (other than a beastly night 1) and have had no problem getting in my liquids.< /p>

Hey Kami! Congratulations, you loser, you biggrin.gif Yes, Eileen is back and things seem to be moving, although, ironically, before she left she was insisting that I would not be approved for sleeve--long story, Medicare related. Another patient at a support group meeting told me that she had two heart attacks. Yikes

Was Shuster your doc? How was the hospital stay? Lotta gas? What Protein Powder do you like?

Hope to meet you one day. Have to see you before you lose all your weight so I will be able to notice the difference!

Congratulations, Monica! I, on the other hand, just got hit by a mack truck. The cardiologist told me I flunked my stress test and have to have an angiogram. If it is not bad, they will put in a stent. If it is bad, I will have to have open heart surgery.

Sent Eileen an email. Just stunned....

Congratulations, Monica! I, on the other hand, just got hit by a mack truck. The cardiologist told me I flunked my stress test and have to have an angiogram. If it is not bad, they will put in a stent. If it is bad, I will have to have open heart surgery.

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that! I will pray for good things to happen. Keep me updated!

Hey Kami! Congratulations, you loser, you biggrin.gif Yes, Eileen is back and things seem to be moving, although, ironically, before she left she was insisting that I would not be approved for sleeve--long story, Medicare related. Another patient at a support group meeting told me that she had two heart attacks. Yikes

Was Shuster your doc? How was the hospital stay? Lotta gas? What Protein powder do you like?

Hope to meet you one day. Have to see you before you lose all your weight so I will be able to notice the difference!

Yes, Schuster was my doctor. The hospital stay was fine - just one night for me. They were acting like it would be two, but then Schuster visited and I said I was hoping for just one, and he said that might be ok. then Donna and Janice visited and made it seem like there was no way they'd release me until the next day, then about half an hour later a nurse came and said Dr. Schuster signed the release papers and she was there to discharge me. Even though the hospital was nice, I was glad to get home. My machines (IV and the things they put on your legs to squeeze them to prevent clots) kept beeping over night.

I had a lot of gas pain the first night, but after I got home, it seemed to resolve itself and wasn't a problem. But from about midnight until 5 am, it was pretty unbearable. I just wanted to take a big pin and pop myself like a balloon!

I haven't found a wonderful Protein yet. I have a couple that don't make me gag, I"m fairly keen on the Isopures that come in the bottles pre=mixed. I also have nectar Carribbean Cooler, And a Mango flavored one that I got at my local franchise (not corporate owned) GNC. Still looking for a chocolate that tastes good. Now that I've gotten paid, I might pick up the Chike strawberry, because that was pretty decent.

I got that magical call today...I will be a September sleever after all. My date is September 28!

Congrats!! You will do awesome! If you have any questions, let me know.

Holy cow, that's crazy news. I"m so sorry. Please update us. When will your angiogram be? I really hope it is nothing serious. Just be very glad that they caught it early, and you'll have your sleeve to thank for that, even though the sleeve might be a bit delayed - you will still get it!! Hang in there and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

I too have been at this since January. My insurance required 3 month medically supervised weight loss then in the middle of my 3rd month the policy changed to 6 months or I would be done :(

I plan on going to the group on the 21st (for stress I think). I met with Dr. Schuster but I would also use Dr. Chen if he could get me in early. I heard high recommendations for both surgeons. I just called the nurse line to find out if they received my lab results from Friday's draw. That was all I was waiting on. I think I should have had my date after my insurance approved! I will keep you updated. Thanks.

I was sleeved by Dr. Chen on Aug 6tth 2012! He is amazing! He has an awesome bedside manner and he answered every question I had. I had to do 6 mo swl with my pcp, which the kept messing up the records; so it was 7 mo. Cara worked really hard to get everything done and approved for me. From the time I got ins approval until surgery was 2.5 weeks.