Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleeve surgery Monday

Also had my sleeve surgery Monday, Aug 22. Feeling pretty good, no nausea since Thursday, no throwing up since Wednesday. Getting fluids down cautiously but not great quantity. Little pain, just discomfort when moving, but taking Lortab elixir pain meds which seems to result in really weird-assed dreams and prolonged feelings of being "loaded". (Don't really like that feeling as much as I did 30 years ago--who knew?) Also had problems with referred anesthesia pain in my shoulder, which hopefully has gone away. Has anyone else had those issues? Going to talk to my doctor Monday, and hopefully back to work next week. Lost 16 pounds in two weeks.

I have been SO lucky. No shoulder "gas" pain, and no nausea to speak of and NO vomiting. I can drink an 8oz. Protein shake slowly in about 10 - 15 minutes. When I went through chemotherapy I took ONE Loritab and threw my guts up...NOT form chemo....from the Loritab on an empty stomach....so my Sleeve Doctor prescribed an under-the-tongue anti-nausea pill to take right before I take my liquid Loritab. No nausea at all. Loritab certainly does work!!! No pain...LOTS of sleep. I haven't taken any today. I still had a lot of Fluid from the saline IV (since I was recently diagnosed with diabetes) and I haven't had any bowel movements since the day before surgery....so, I guess that is why my weight is the same right now....I figure I haven't had more than 250 to 300 calories a day since surgery......Should have lost some in two weeks....we'll see!

FYI, I had my surgery on a Wednesday and had my first BM on the Sunday night after surgery. Now I'm having a BM every 1-2 days.

:DI am struggling

with my BMs 3 mos postop. It is miserable, but the sleeve is good--38

pounds gone!

Glad you are doing well after your surgery, Caye. :rolleyes:

thank you cay for the update! im so glad that you are doing so well. you are a trooper! you will start to lose the weight as soon as you start peeing all of the Water out that they pumped into you. it takes a little while when you are dehydrated.

keep us posted. take care...and keep up the walking...it helps!

I've prayed for your success and speedy healthty recovery. Katrina

I've prayed for your success and speedy healthty recovery. Katrina

Thank you SO much....Prayers are the MOST important thing to me....you don't know how grateful I am for you to take the time to do that for me! May God bless you with many graces for your selflessness!

I got sleeved on Tuesday, 8/23. I'm having problems getting liquids in, even Water is hard for me to drink. I'm sipping it as slow as I can but it feels like heart burn going down. Is this normal? Am I still sipping too fast?

I didnt have that sensation, but my doctor has me on a daily antacid pill (prescription). Are you on one for prevention? It is hard the first few days to take in all the fluids necessary. But today, I can drink bigger sips of Water and Protein shake, so I am feeling a little more normal. It gets better and better doesn't it? I am read to eat some food....not just liquids.....even if it TINY amounts, but I have a week left of mild fluids.......My biggest problem is BMs. I finally had a little movement with a Fleet's enema (ugh).....but still feel miserable down there!

thank you cay for the update! im so glad that you are doing so well. you are a trooper! you will start to lose the weight as soon as you start peeing all of the Water out that they pumped into you. it takes a little while when you are dehydrated.

keep us posted. take care...and keep up the walking...it helps!

Thank YOU so much for the encouraging words...I will keep in touch!

You are welcome :)

good! we all need the support here!

Congrats!!! I love my sleeve and you will too. I can't wait to hear about your journey!!!

WOW! You have lost a lot! AWESOME! You are an inspiration to me!