Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just For The Fun of It: Which "Diet Plans" Did You

Weight Watchers 6x in 10 years

Atkins 2 times

Health lifestyles (NO processed food)

Slim fast

Calorie counted 4 times

Low carb

South beach

Jenny craig

Amazing all the weight you've lost then gained lost then gained. We've gotta have faith that the sleeve is the answer...with our continuous work of course!! You've made great progress so far, I wish you the best!!

I have had success (short term) with following a plan - then I fall off the wagon (whatever wagon it is) and revert back to my bad habits. That is why I wanted a permanent solution - which is the sleeve. To me, it's kind of similar to having your tubes tied versus remembering to take birth control daily. If I had given birth to a child each time I blew a diet (rather than just gained the weight back) I would have birthed a crowd of children.

I think I have tried all of the above diets and then some more.

1) Magnets in the ear diet. Every week I had to go in and they would move the magnets around to another part of my ears.

2) Diet Center (lost 100 lbs - then gained 200 lbs back),

3) Weekly shots.

But nothing works like the sleeve works. I love my sleeve.

Did anyone try Dr Dean Ornish's diet? His book was the spectrum, and I lost about 30 on it. Very low fat, no red meat... might have even been no meat only fish. I couldn't live on it.

Lisa

I like this game :)

- Weight Watchers - 1st time starting weighed was 225 and lost 20., 2nd time starting weight was 240 and lost 15, 3rd time starting weight as 255.

- phentermine 1x

- South beach (lost count in fact I'm following it right now lol)

- Atkins 3x

- The 3 day diet. 4x

- Vegetarian 1x

- slim fast 2x

- herbalife 1 x

Oh I almost forgot! Was a member of Curves and lost about 30 lbs!

LOL PhatGurl, your WW track record is alot like mine...except my 3rd time around I started at 266. In fact, that is the only record I have of my highest weight...years later I found an old weigh-in booklet with all the little stamps in it. If I ever weighed more than that I must have blocked it out of my memory!

Makes me sick to think of all the money we have wasted in all of our pursuits. But happy about all the money we save on food now! I for one am tired of the fat race and ready to live life on my terms. Congrats to everyone on your lifestyle change and getting away from the fat race diet trap.

Yikes... OK, here we go!

Diet Plans:

Weight Watchers (3x)... hard to do when the lowest point items are the highest carb foods. *rolleyes*

Medical Weight Loss (1x) ... lost 12 lbs, felt justified in buying a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin at the mall, and that was all she wrote.

Cabbage Soup Diet (1x) ... with no Protein at all in it, as directed. Day 5 when I had to grab on to a rack at the video store to keep from falling on the floor as I was starting to black out. Headed straight to Taco Bell, and that was all she wrote. Oddly, this is now a staple in my diet, but with lots and LOTS of ground beef or chicken!

Slim Fast (once or twice) ... Yeahright.

Self-hypnosis CDs (2-3?) ... Whatever.

Atkins (at least a dozen times?) ... works GREAT but still no Portion Control. And you get so sick of meat and veggies all the time. Once lost 35 lbs., but just could not keep away from the carbs after awhile, and like any abused substance, we all know what happens once a slide starts.

And finally (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) .... the Master Cleanse Diet, aka the Lemonade Diet. Surprisingly not difficult to stick with, lost 17 lbs. in a week before I just HAD to get some solid food, and of course it all came back plus some, as always. This was two months before my decision to give it up and have surgery, and the final straw.

pills:

Dexatrim (2-3x), first time at 19 years old.

Metabolife (1x), didn't do a damn thing for me.

Hoodia (2x), see above.

Adipex/Phentermine (2x), sure it worked great, but it bound me up like a mofo and turned me into an angry, raging b***h! No thanks.

And, of course....

The Gadgets:

Exercise bike

Ab roller

Ab wheel

Ankle weights

Dumbells of all sizes

The Gazelle

Steps (for aerobics)

The Ab-Doer (not a bad piece of equipment!)

Treadmill

probably forgetting some.

This was fun, and gives me a whole new perspective on things. :D

Cabbage Soup

Adkins (several times)

Dr supervised pherdramine with weekly B12 shots 3x's

Lindora

weight watchers (several times)

Hypnosis

Nutra system (puke)

last but not lease HCG

not to mention herbal life

xenadrine

dexatrim

hydroxycut

OMG Stacy160! I totally didn't even take into account all the metabolism pills or the gadgets! Here goes:

Hydroxycut

Jillian Michaels quickstart rapid weight loss system.

Xenadrine

Then also I have the gadgets...

Ab Roller

shake Weight

Bands

One of those big balls

$100's in gym memberships

On of those exercise slides

Wow, i'm so glad this thread was started! Scary to see allt hose things I've tried and still the weight keeps on creeping up... *sigh*

Yikes... OK, here we go!

Diet Plans:

Weight Watchers (3x)... hard to do when the lowest point items are the highest carb foods. *rolleyes*

Medical Weight Loss (1x) ... lost 12 lbs, felt justified in buying a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin at the mall, and that was all she wrote.

Cabbage Soup Diet (1x) ... with no Protein at all in it, as directed. Day 5 when I had to grab on to a rack at the video store to keep from falling on the floor as I was starting to black out. Headed straight to Taco Bell, and that was all she wrote. Oddly, this is now a staple in my diet, but with lots and LOTS of ground beef or chicken!

Slim Fast (once or twice) ... Yeahright.

Self-hypnosis CDs (2-3?) ... Whatever.

Atkins (at least a dozen times?) ... works GREAT but still no Portion Control. And you get so sick of meat and veggies all the time. Once lost 35 lbs., but just could not keep away from the carbs after awhile, and like any abused substance, we all know what happens once a slide starts.

And finally (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) .... the Master Cleanse Diet, aka the Lemonade Diet. Surprisingly not difficult to stick with, lost 17 lbs. in a week before I just HAD to get some solid food, and of course it all came back plus some, as always. This was two months before my decision to give it up and have surgery, and the final straw.

Pills:

Dexatrim (2-3x), first time at 19 years old.

Metabolife (1x), didn't do a damn thing for me.

Hoodia (2x), see above.

Adipex/Phentermine (2x), sure it worked great, but it bound me up like a mofo and turned me into an angry, raging b***h! No thanks.

And, of course....

The Gadgets:

Exercise bike

Ab roller

Ab wheel

Ankle weights

Dumbells of all sizes

The Gazelle

Steps (for aerobics)

The Ab-Doer (not a bad piece of equipment!)

Treadmill

probably forgetting some.

This was fun, and gives me a whole new perspective on things. :D

Was the Gazelle not the most hilarious contraption! Once you got enough momentum going, you didn't have to move much, it just swung back and forth on its own!! What were we thinking!!! And PAYING!!!