Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOING INSANE, PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have fun just going to the mall and looking at all the cute clothes that I will hopefully be able to wear. In fact, just today my mom and I waddled into Victoria's Secret and used a couple of free panty coupons that we got in the mail. I felt a little awkward walking around in there with it being blatantly obvious that I could not fit anything they sell, but I picked up a size Large and a size Medium panty. I came home and hung the large one on a hanger by my bathroom mirror so that I can look at it everyday for inspiration, lol.

While it wasn't a distraction from my obsessive vsg thoughts, it was really exciting and fun biggrin.gif

I was SO this way before surgery! I'm still a little overly obsessed with this board . . . my husband says I'm acting the same way I did when I first got pregnant and spent every waking moment on pregnancy and childbirth websites. :) I told him to shut up and deal with it, he's going to reap the benefits of my skinnier self VERY soon. :D

Kala, I was depressed to tears right after my surgery for a good two weeks. I finally got really stoned, had a couple of whiskies, made a party of one, and was OK the next morning. I don't recommend doing that, but do do something to break the spell. Best wishes.

Take it from me. Don't hang your happiness on getting the surgery.

The weight loss is great, don't get me wrong. But, I'm depressed as hell.

I didn't even had this forum when I first started. My company funds their own medical plan and they had a guideline of 12 months of supervised diet with the PCP. I was also looking at the band because at that time, the sleeve was not covered. I didn't even met with the surgeon until I was at my 7 months supervised diet when I found out they changed and it was oly 6 months. Which was good as by that time, they started covering the sleeve and my doctor recommended that instead of the band.. I am so every grateful that he did. I just focused on how I was going to be after surgery. I tried not to get too hopefully (I always had a fear they would deny me). Start walking now and it will be second nature to you for after the surgery and it will help time go by. Good Luck!

Kala, I was depressed to tears right after my surgery for a good two weeks. I finally got really stoned, had a couple of whiskies, made a party of one, and was OK the next morning. I don't recommend doing that, but do do something to break the spell. Best wishes.

Hahahaha. Getting stoned sounds so good right now, and if that breaks my depression then that's even better. I'll have to ask around for some good stuff. Fingers crossed that I don't get a mad case of the munchies.

oh my gosh, if i were to get stoned i would totally blow up my stomach! i get the horrible munchies! i cant even think of doing that anymore now that my tummy is so small lol :lol:

I'm the same way. It's been like that for me since I started researching weight loss surgery. I literally come home everyday to check what everyone on this website is posting in pre and post-op. I know that for me a lot of it has to do with feeling like my life has been on "pause" since I became obese, and I'm just so looking forward to "pressing play"!

"pause". "pressing play". You have described how I have felt!!!!!! Surgery was June 1st and my life has begun again!

ChunkyandFluffy - if your clothers aren't organized by size - do it before the surgery. Dig up all your smaller clothers and go through them. After the surgery, you are going to be passing through sizes rapidly - so you need to have a good idea of what you have in each size. Also - develop your strategy as to what you are going to do when you shrink out of your clothes. You will want to "burn the bridge" and get rid of them as you shrink out of them. Keep one "fat outfit" that you can try on and remember (and inspire yourself to never go back).

Good Luck.

ChunkyandFluffy - if your clothers aren't organized by size - do it before the surgery. Dig up all your smaller clothers and go through them. After the surgery, you are going to be passing through sizes rapidly - so you need to have a good idea of what you have in each size. Also - develop your strategy as to what you are going to do when you shrink out of your clothes. You will want to "burn the bridge" and get rid of them as you shrink out of them. Keep one "fat outfit" that you can try on and remember (and inspire yourself to never go back).

Good Luck.

Exactly what I was going to say... get rid of anything too big now. I still have a too big/thrift store pile, and a two small/shop here when you lose pile. Also start measuring yourself now... you will be glad you did later... and posting your weight in fitday.com or other site... you can make a chart that shows before surgery as well, which is neat!

Hi!! I know how you feel. I just got approved and now I am waiting on getting the labs/xrays next week, then I have to go to Memphis and talk with my surgeon and then ......schedule my surgery, so I am a little further behind you. This is what I have been doing.......I have been getting myself a new schedule on my daily routines, cleaning and re-decorating my house and getting organized and exercising everyday and when I get the overwhelmed feeling of "I want my surgery now" I make myself drop the thought because it will be here before you know it. Dont rush time. I have had to learn this throughout this process. Just change your thought process when it happens to you. I hope this helps........please know that all your dreams are just around the corner.....so look forward to them and dont be hard on yourself by worrying so much...just relax and take a deep breathe and think about the future.......:D but enjoy today.

I am just counting down the days to my surgery and its two months away. It’s like life has stopped and I am trying to make it day to day until the surgery. It’s miserable I need something else to focus on. Has anyone else felt this way? Its like I am just surviving and my life won’t begin until I am sleeved. Give me some ideas. The wait is driving me insane.

I am just counting down the days to my surgery and its two months away. It’s like life has stopped and I am trying to make it day to day until the surgery. It’s miserable I need something else to focus on. Has anyone else felt this way? Its like I am just surviving and my life won’t begin until I am sleeved. Give me some ideas. The wait is driving me insane.

lol, I'm 4.5 months out, and I also feel like I'm just counting down the days ><

I learned something just this morning... Patience, comes from the latin word "Pati" which means "suffering" :P

hang in there!

I'm going insane too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My surgery is on 9/13 (same as some one else I saw) My way of staying sane is working out everyday until the date. I was just on the line with qualifying for this procedure. If I actually lost any weight while I was on the 6 mo. supervised diet, I would not have qualified. (I had a stomach flu a couple months back where I lost 8 lbs, and I had to gain them back) Now that I'm officially approved, I can really start my pre-op. I'm not limiting my food until the 1 week medi-fast diet, but I joined Jazzercise on Friday and my goal is to work out every single day (25 total) until my operation. I know I'll have to take a little time off afterwards, but I signed up for a year. I am so pumped and motivated right now. It's great! I haven't been this excited in a long time. THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to be excited, Melissa, but watch out that your expectations don't run wild. It's just a new beginning, and if you have some bumps, the come-down can be severe. Best wishes, of course.

I'm going insane too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My surgery is on 9/13 (same as some one else I saw) My way of staying sane is working out everyday until the date. I was just on the line with qualifying for this procedure. If I actually lost any weight while I was on the 6 mo. supervised diet, I would not have qualified. (I had a stomach flu a couple months back where I lost 8 lbs, and I had to gain them back) Now that I'm officially approved, I can really start my pre-op. I'm not limiting my food until the 1 week medi-fast diet, but I joined Jazzercise on Friday and my goal is to work out every single day (25 total) until my operation. I know I'll have to take a little time off afterwards, but I signed up for a year. I am so pumped and motivated right now. It's great! I haven't been this excited in a long time. THREE WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang in there! Stay busy, focus on the habits of your new life.

My surgery is 8/14 but between then and now, I have a ton of stuff going on with school starting, labor day weekend camping trip, going to the in-laws my pre-op visit and diet will be here in a blink of an eye then a week later, surgery.