Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Insane???? I have surgery on Tues with Dr Kelly and am starting to FREAK....

Hi!

I have been on and off this board forever. When the lapband was big, I was on that site forever until I knew about this one. I have been dreaming, living, and breathing this surgery for years and finally am going on Tues. I am going to Mexico with Dr Kelly bc I just got a new job (starting in 2 wks) and don't want to wait a year or more and go through the hoops of insurance.

I have not told my parents bc they would go BALLISTIC and I'd back out. Many of my friends know. I'm starting to FREAK out. Is this normal? I'm getting really cold feet. What if I die? End up in ICU? End up not wanting to eat ever again? I need to stop freaking out..... Did any of you go through this? And what is WRONG with me that I'm not normal and thin like my friends... I used to be... Had a baby... Things went to heck in handbasket, body-wise. I need to calm down. BTW, I'm a single mom. If I die, my three yr old is left with his just his dad. Any advice would be so loved! This board is awsome btw.

i'm on tuesday as well. think its normal to freak out a little before any surgery. this is a life changing event, and if you wernt nervous at all about it then THAT wouldnt be normal. try to do things to keep yourself busy until then, so you think less about it. im taking my kids camping this weekend to keep my mind off of it. take care, and talk to you on the other side ;)

Hi!

I have been on and off this board forever. When the lapband was big, I was on that site forever until I knew about this one. I have been dreaming, living, and breathing this surgery for years and finally am going on Tues. I am going to Mexico with Dr Kelly bc I just got a new job (starting in 2 wks) and don't want to wait a year or more and go through the hoops of insurance.

I have not told my parents bc they would go BALLISTIC and I'd back out. Many of my friends know. I'm starting to FREAK out. Is this normal? I'm getting really cold feet. What if I die? End up in ICU? End up not wanting to eat ever again? I need to stop freaking out..... Did any of you go through this? And what is WRONG with me that I'm not normal and thin like my friends... I used to be... Had a baby... Things went to heck in handbasket, body-wise. I need to calm down. BTW, I'm a single mom. If I die, my three yr old is left with his just his dad. Any advice would be so loved! This board is awsome btw.

I am getting sleeved on Tuesday by Dr. Aceves in SexyMexi! (At least that's what I am calling it). I have had my share of cold feet and I will probably have a few more rounds through the weekend. I want to be optimistic, but then I think if I am too optimistic I will jinx myself. It is a crazy train until I actually get it done.

We will all probably be just fine. biggrin.gif

oh, mine is in bakersfield on tuesday. but i will look to see your update on here.

I go Tuesday as well and I'm kind of walking around in a haze. I'm so nervous and just ready to gget it over! Good luck hun!

Oh.. Oops.. My bad... Good luck to you both! I'm sure we will all be fine and will shortly be posting in the POST-op section. :)

You're not insane!! Look at all the happy Dr. Kelly patients that post here. You will be just finesmile.gif

Good luck!

im scared to death and mine is in the us. i have 3 kids that i have to be here for. the only thing that keeps me going through this is that i want to be there for them when they grow up and get married and have kids of their own. i dont see me in the picture in the future without this surgery, thats why i need to do this now, to be healthy for them, and myself in the future instead of in the ground.

It is totally normal to be freaking out. It is a big life change and not to be taken lightly. The reason we have all done it. (I am 3wks post op now) is we want to be around for our families and to be healthy. I was pretty calm about it but my wife was the one who freaked out in the waiting room while I was waiting to go back for my surgery. Now that is all over and done with, and I must say I am having a perfect recovery, no pain, lots of weight loss and just the problem of hiccups the day after surgery, she has been super supportive. Don't be scared just thnk of this as a new beginning of your life and try to imagine how you will be a year from now.

You will do great. I was nervous at first but I was super calm and comfortable once I got to the clinic. I have had the perfect recovery and so will you. Stay positive and remember why you are doing this. You need to embrace the experience and enjoy the whole journey. I looked at it as a life changing vacation. What helped me get through all of it was I followed some advice I saw on the forum, I wrote down 12 things that I would look forward to after my surgery. It was good to have that list and know you are doing the right thing. We are all behind you, have a great trip.

Oh wow.... in a lot of ways, this post feels like something that *I* would write. I have been antagonizing about doing this for awhile now, am currently looking at Dr. Kelly, know my parents would go ape-sh*t if they found out, and always fear the worse of what could happen.

But you are SO close now - and Dr Kelly sounds like a good doctor to go to - so hang in there! It's normal to go through the feelings and thoughts that you are, however I believe once you do it and reflect on it later down the line, the reaction will cause nothing but a big silly grin on your now much slimmer face and a worthwhile chuckle.

:welldoneclap: