Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow bandsters,

I feel compelled to share my experience yesterday. Yesterday I had my first fill with Dr. Susan Brinkley. The procedure itself was uneventful. She numbs you which feels like a little sting and then she fills you. I didn't feel anything after the numbing. Now, if you are wondering why I am writing, I am writing becuase it was 'her' that was so different as well as the office. I had to drive nearly an hour for the appointment and it was worth every minute.

The office is decorated with household furnishings, not the furniture you find in office catalogs. Nope it was the sort of furniture you would find in any country furniture store. Even the examination room is decorated comfortably. There are pictures of horses, stars and little angels in the room. There is even a big comfortable chair you sit in and wait to see the doctor. You remain in this chair (fully clothed) to discuss your concerns and in general get to know her. I absolutely loved this. I just loved it. I hate being practically naked when a doctor enters the room to examine me. Then all they do is look at the stupid chart, ask me what's wrong as if they are interested, half listen then immediately start the exam. They are in and out in 5 minutes. Well, not with Dr. Brinkley. I can't really say how long she was in there but I can assure you I never felt like she had anywhere else to go. It was a great experience. In fact it was the second such experience. The first was in Mexico with Dr. Rodriguez. At any rate I mentioned the above things and she tells me it is her philosophy not to meet her patients with their clothes off (if it could be helped). She remembers her first exam experience and doesn't want to do it like that. I am almost done. The other unique thing is after she got to know me and I her, she educated me about how to compute a fill amount (something about r2 (r square), hyperbole, etc)and th elast thing that impressed me is her down to earth dress. She wore jeans, a shirt and just looked like someone's sister or close friend.

All in all I am so happy I drove to Frederick, MD and did not return to Mexico (she accepts Mexcio patients and even had her procedure performed in Mexico). I saved a bundle and walked away with a wonderful experience.

I am not affiliated witht the office in any way. They do not have any sort of referral program that I am aware of. I just wanted to share my experience so other Mexico banded patients are aware o their options.

Your post renews my faith in doctors. My PCP is female and caring. I just love her office manners. I'm glad you found a lapband doctor that takes the time to listen to you.

Thank you ljones4521 for your post, I am going to have my first fill with Dr. Susan Brinkley in 2 weeks.

(I have to drive one hour also... to see her.)

Your'e very welcome. Glad I could help.

Hi Lisa & all from Maryland! :) I'm new to this forum. I have been using Dr. Brinkley since March 06' and my daughter since August. She is a great person she really takes her time with each person which is rare! I would like to know how to post/find stats on members..like where they had surgery, starting weight ect. Any directions :help: would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

banded 2-1-06

200-140-140 @goal!:clap2:

Hi Dana,

Congratulations on your weight loss.

I am not sure how to find stats on members ... I think it is in the "signature" in the "profile" section.

LJones: I love your baby chart!!!!!!

I get my fills at Chihuahua, Mexico (Dr Ramos Miranda) it does make a difference to have a caring Dr.!!!

Hey gang! I was banded in CO but am looking for a fill Dr. locally. I live about an hr from Fredricksburg and am looking for more info on Dr. Brinkley. How much does she charge? (I heard she raised her rates from 2 to 300/fill?)....does she ever do it under fluroscopy? Any info would be helpful! thanks!

Hi, Dr.Brinkley 198 Thomas Johnson Drive

Frederick Maryland, 21702-4460

1-301-668-2800

I don't think she has increased her rates however it is possible:confused: . She does not use fluoroscopy, but will refer you to the radiology dept of the hospital for a fill with Fluro if there is a problem locating the port or she suspects a problem. I and my friend Betty are going for fluro tomorrow just to check out everything. We were banded together 14 months ago in Mexico. We have both started getting reflux at night..again:( and just want to make sure all is well. I will also be having a small un-fill to slow things down a bit. I'm 10lbs past goal:myscared: . Hope all is well with you. I have a band buddy in Colorado. Penny Manville, she was banded in Mexico too with Dr.Aceves. Don't know where exactly she is but I could find out.

Dana

Thanks Dana for the info!! I called and left a message yesterday, but didn't get a call back today. I hope I can reach them tomorrow! Does your insurance cover the fluro or are you self paying for that as well?? If so, how much is that? I think I'd like my first fill w/a new person to be under fluro just so I can make sure all is well....

Hey! I was banded by Dr. Rod too! I was banded on the 25th of july. my only problem was finding a doc to fill me and the only person that fill ctr usa could give me was in Va Beach, a 4 hr drive away which makes it an all day event for me not to mention trying to get a sitter for the kids and a friend to let the dog out. I would love to see if I can get an appt. with your doc, could you give me some more info on her? ph.# prices and such? Thank you in advance.

Susan Brinkley, MD

110 Baughmans Lane

Frederick, MD 21701

301-846-0300

$200 fills $150 unfills

She does fills Mon,Tues, and Wedn

Hi there,

I am in MD -- how much was your first fill-?