Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG almost ONE year out!!

I remember last year, flooding my brain with information about lap band & the sleeve. I didnt feel comfy with my intestines being moved so that was out. After very throuough research, I decided to go with the sleeve. I cannot tell you how happy I am, Sept 9th will be my year. I was terrified but looking back now, its the best thing I did for myself. I wake up every morning so happy,, happy that I can fit into normal size clothing, happy I'm not unhealthy, happy I'm not the fattest in any room at any given time and just mentally happy.. The year FLEW by, I cannot believe my year is almost here. I have lost 98 pounds and have about 20 more to goal. Size 8 are starting to get baggy on me now...SIZE 8!!! Sometimes I'm amazed and hve to run to bathroom to check my clothes size to make sure- people calling me skinny...SKINNY really? ME? I would have never guessed in short of a year I would be here. And I cannot even say I exercised all that much as I was in a car accident which left me with 3 bulging discs in my back and 2 in my neck and on pain meds which constapate me!! I will get to goal! If your debating on this surgery DO IT!!!!! Do it for yourself! I've alwaysstruggled with weight, I let my sleeve work and it does work. Dont get me wrong, you have to work WITH your sleeve, and the weight will come off. This is my first official pic Ive posted on here, Ive promised myself to do this, so here it is.... This site ROCKS, not really the site but the people here...love you guys..

WOW You look so good!! Seriously. Great job!

Hey, can I ask if at what point the "novelty" of the sleeve wore off where you didn't obsess over everything? I mean, for me it's gotten WAY better now that I'm beyond the first month...but when did you start to forget that you "just had surgery" and began to feel normal and not ruled by the food diary? I hope that makes sense. I just don't want to be obsessed in a whole different way than I was before and I feel like I am right now.

Thanks,

Susan

That is awesome to hear and you look fabulous might I add. Keep it up. I had surgery 7 weeks ago and I am hoping I can look as good as you in a year from now :)

YOu look great. WTG.

Susan, great question. I wonder the same thing. In the past couple of days, I'm thinking....wow I'm still dieting and obsessing over food. I didn't want to do that. I know I have to watch what I eat and get in Protein.....but I don't want to log my food and worry about it forever. I've done that for most of my life.

Yayyyy Congrats!!!! You've really rocked your sleeve!! And you look FANTASTIC!!!

WTG!! You look amazing.

Great question, Sue.....I wanna know, too. When does it become 'normal' and routine?? Anyone else with feedback?

Hey, can I ask if at what point the "novelty" of the sleeve wore off where you didn't obsess over everything? I mean, for me it's gotten WAY better now that I'm beyond the first month...but when did you start to forget that you "just had surgery" and began to feel normal and not ruled by the food diary? I hope that makes sense. I just don't want to be obsessed in a whole different way than I was before and I feel like I am right now.

Thanks,

Susan

Determined, you are my friggin' idol.....wow, Girl, you would never, never even guess you were ever heavy!! You and Diva.....phew! I can hope to be that successful!!! :rockon:

Oh, I forgot Tiffy....the trifecta of Sleevie babes.......especially since Tiffy went through so damn much!!! :kiss:

Determined, you are my friggin' idol.....wow, Girl, you would never, never even guess you were ever heavy!! You and Diva.....phew! I can hope to be that successful!!! :rockon:

Thanks,

Susan

To answer that great question and this is just me so others may be different.. I went into this knowing this was going to be lifelong, I didnt want ANY old habits to sneak in so I took it as slow as I could. But to answer your question, in March (6 mos out) seemed about the time that my body let me know that what I was doing I could do without the logging and I trusted myself and my sleeve to 'try' other foods. I am a very 'routine' person so I may try something new once a month. I never did go back and drink milk ( i cook with it but i dont drink it), I rarely have red meats, my sleeve just doesnt like it much. I drink alot of coffee (i know, i know).. and my Water consumption has went down since I quit the whole logging thing. Your 'obsession' will gradually go as you start to get to know the new you & ur sleeve (hope that makes sense!) lol... I still eat Protein first, and if I have any room left I'l eat veggies. once in awhile, I may have a bite of ice cream & I'm done. I never leave hungry or think about food. I can honestly say, I am eating to live and not living to eat.. Hope this helps.. PM me if you have any other questions.. Good luck to you all~~ It will happen, you're year will be here soon~ trust me!!!

(((((thanks for all those compliments guys xoxoxo)))))

To answer that great question and this is just me so others may be different.. I went into this knowing this was going to be lifelong, I didnt want ANY old habits to sneak in so I took it as slow as I could. But to answer your question, in March (6 mos out) seemed about the time that my body let me know that what I was doing I could do without the logging and I trusted myself and my sleeve to 'try' other foods. I am a very 'routine' person so I may try something new once a month. I never did go back and drink milk ( i cook with it but i dont drink it), I rarely have red meats, my sleeve just doesnt like it much. I drink alot of coffee (i know, i know).. and my Water consumption has went down since I quit the whole logging thing. Your 'obsession' will gradually go as you start to get to know the new you & ur sleeve (hope that makes sense!) lol... I still eat Protein first, and if I have any room left I'l eat veggies. once in awhile, I may have a bite of ice cream & I'm done. I never leave hungry or think about food. I can honestly say, I am eating to live and not living to eat.. Hope this helps.. PM me if you have any other questions.. Good luck to you all~~ It will happen, you're year will be here soon~ trust me!!!

THANK YOU! Everything you said made sense. I don't want bad habbits to sneak in, and I already found out that I can't have just ONE Dorito (slider food for me)...so things like that I'll have to just ban as tabu for me. Hey, you will get NO lecture from me on the coffee front, but I appreciate the heads up on the Water consumption suffering from no logging--I can very clearly see this happening to me, so maybe I'll have to do the old paperclips in the pocket or something to remind me to drink. I used to do "counting" on WW with pennies, paperclips, whatever...it was helpful, if not a little OCD. HAH!

Thanks for the answer... I hope my '6 month' point comes too. Gosh, I can't even imagine not 'thinking about food." Wow. That's just a fantasy right now. A good one though!

Wow, you look like a naturally thin person, just like you have always been that weight! Good for yousmile.gif

And loose size 8's?!?! Holy cow! I can't wait for that...woo-hoooo!