Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP I AM ON MY THIRD WEEK AND STARTED PUREE FOODS FOR A WEEK, NOT SURE HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE EATING, HOW OFTEN, ALSO AND food IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFUL, ANYONE KNOW WHAT YOUR EXPECTED WEIGHT LOSS IS WITH A SLEEVE? HELP, NEED SOME EXPERICED SLEEVERS TO GIVE ME ADVICE.

<br />HELP I AM ON MY THIRD WEEK AND STARTED PUREE FOODS FOR A WEEK, NOT SURE HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE EATING, HOW OFTEN, ALSO AND food IDEAS WOULD BE HELPFUL, ANYONE KNOW WHAT YOUR EXPECTED WEIGHT LOSS IS WITH A SLEEVE? HELP, NEED SOME EXPERICED SLEEVERS TO GIVE ME ADVICE.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

At the risk of sounding harsh and abrupt I will answer this way.

Contact your surgeon. This is what he is payed for. Not only to cut, but to provide pre and post-op support. This should have been well explained, well ahead of surgery and a comprehensive guide made available to you. Do you not have this type of support?

What did your doctor recommend? I was eating approx 2 - 4 oz of food (depended on the thickness of the food). I think I ate 3 times a day with 2 Snacks (it has been so long since I was at that stage).

Mushy foods are foods that you can mush to applesauce consistency with a fork.

Scrambled eggs, black Beans, hot Cereal (cream of wheat), mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, tuna fish with mayo, yoghurt, soft cheese, soft poached fish. And get in all your clear and full liquids.

Try to contact your doctor and see what he/she recommends as the different types of foods and how much you should be eating. Make sure you get your Water in as well.

I am in this stage as well, but less than 2 weeks post op. My pouch likes eggs. I did a scrambled egg with some american cheese to moisten it and it went down well. I also did egg salad smushed to a puree and that was tasty and good too. I ate the crab/cheese filling of a few crab rangoons that sat in my stomach like a lead weight. I won't try that again, but it was silly of me to try that so early out. The family had goulash and garlic bread one night so I took some of the meat sauce before the Pasta was added and tossed it in the magic bullet (blender) until it was the consistency of cat food. I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on it for added Protein and ate about 2 T. of that. It was delicious and sat well. Today I am going to puree some lentil Soup for lunch. I have a sweet potato for later in the week. I will bake it then mash it up with some liquid to thin it out.

I prefer to stay away from white potatoes because they are a waste of space in the tiny amount I can eat at this point. I also plan to make chicken chili later this week and will puree some of that and add liquid of needed. I've only been doing real food for a couple of days so I haven't tried much and can eat so little, but everyone is different. My pouch likes Greek yogurt best and I can actually eat a whole serving of it. You may be different.

Search the boards for ideas. Ricotta bake seems to be popular. It's like no Pasta lasagna, just layers of ricotta mixed with an egg and seasonings, layered with sauce and cheese and baked. I also have some refried Beans I'll try next week. They seem too thick to try this early out for me.

Hang in there,,, it will get better!

I had my worse troubles in the puree stage, yuck.. nothing tasted good, I was naucious all the time.....

I could not do puree at all.. I stayed with liquids a bit longer than most, and slowly switched over to like fat free small curd cottage cheese, yogarts, and Soups....did that group of food pretty much for a week or better... my tummy did not do well with meat, fish, chicken at all for quite some time. I remember trying to eat roast beef at almost 3 months out and it did not set well in my tummy. Its a learning curve, we all are different and you just have to test it a bit.

Good Luck...

I am in this stage as well, but less than 2 weeks post op. My pouch likes eggs. I did a scrambled egg with some american cheese to moisten it and it went down well. I also did egg salad smushed to a puree and that was tasty and good too. I ate the crab/cheese filling of a few crab rangoons that sat in my stomach like a lead weight. I won't try that again, but it was silly of me to try that so early out. The family had goulash and garlic bread one night so I took some of the meat sauce before the Pasta was added and tossed it in the magic bullet (blender) until it was the consistency of cat food. I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on it for added Protein and ate about 2 T. of that. It was delicious and sat well. Today I am going to puree some lentil Soup for lunch. I have a sweet potato for later in the week. I will bake it then mash it up with some liquid to thin it out.

I prefer to stay away from white potatoes because they are a waste of space in the tiny amount I can eat at this point. I also plan to make chicken chili later this week and will puree some of that and add liquid of needed. I've only been doing real food for a couple of days so I haven't tried much and can eat so little, but everyone is different. My pouch likes Greek yogurt best and I can actually eat a whole serving of it. You may be different.

Search the boards for ideas. Ricotta bake seems to be popular. It's like no Pasta lasagna, just layers of ricotta mixed with an egg and seasonings, layered with sauce and cheese and baked. I also have some refried Beans I'll try next week. They seem too thick to try this early out for me.

thanks so much for the help, you cant imgaine how helpful you have been~

Several Soups puree nicely too. My favorite is Campbells bean and bacon...the condensed version that you add a can of Water to. I put it in the blender and pureed it then heated it up and ate it with some 2% cheese sprinkled on top. At that stage I could only eat about 4 tablespoons of anything, including soup!

My doctor gave me a surgery guide with about 100 pages of information in it. I would give your doc a call and ask if there's any guideline they can give you.

Congrats on your decision!