Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People carry weight differently?

Yes, this is so true! Everyone keeps saying I do not weigh enough for wls...umm yees I weigh 250! I carry most of my weight in my chest! I have always worn xl tops and medium short (well now I wear xl shorts too) this is so true that people carry weight differently.

I am curvy. I have been all my life. I had boobs at 9-10 and by the time I was 11, my mom and I both wore 36C's. Go figure!!!

When I got down last year after working my butt off to 214. Lots of people swore I was 180, etc. I do carry my weight all over. Which is good. Even at 275 in 2003 I still wore most of my 20's and some 22's.

I am looking forward to wearing large and anything lower besides a size 18/20.

I am 5'4, 230 ish pounds and I can barely fit on my 2X tops & size 20 pants!:angry:

i can totally agree with this. im 5'8, and 260 is the highest weight i have been. my surgery is 2mrw, im having the sleeve done!!

I wear a 24 in jeans and a xxlarge n sweatpants. i wear 2x in t-shirts, but i can also wear xl in club/casual tops. weird i know! All my friends do not agree with my decision, but its the best for me. I have type 2 diabetes, and im really jus trying to be more healthy for me, i want to get down to atleast 160... i think i cld pull off 145!!

Rosalind, It's funny because my surgeon didn't think I needed to lose the amount of weight that I do... I was all for the band, when he paid attention to my chart, he was surprised that I weighed what I weigh...I'm looking to end up between 200-215 because I'll be in the 10/12 range... I know my "ideal" BW is 150-163, however, I'll take a healthy, shapely 215 anyday!! I've only lost a little weight and people are commenting that I look 20-30 lbs smaller....

This is incredibly true for me. I'm 182 Lbs and just got into a pair of 4's and I wear Size Small shirts... I got in my first 8's at just before hitting Onederland. I was wearing 14's and 12's at around 230 Lbs. I'm 5'6.

Who knows why this is? I just accept it I guess. It's a reversal curse to me. I'll never weigh 135 Lbs. That would be me losing another 50 Lbs!! I don't think they even make clothes that small.

Its certainly an odd one, everyone is so different, for instance I am 5'8 and currently 175lb, and in US sizes I'm a 10 (UK 14), one of my best friends is at least 5 inches shorter than me, and weighs 165lb, but looks tiny next to me, and is about a dress size and a half smaller than me.

On paper, being tall I should carry it well, but in reality I don't :( . I have a really broad chest (nope not big boobs, just a weirdly big rib cage!), an ok bum, with a kangaroo pouch tummy (the price paid for 20 years of obesity and a wonky c-section), and traditional thunder thighs.

According to the charts I am now just 11lb over the upper end of my "ideal" weight for my height, but I look (especially naked), like I have closer to 30-40lb to lose still.

I guess if you look lighter than you are enjoy it, and for those of us who aren't in that boat, its about a more creative wardrobe choice! ;)

Good luck in your journey!

And Diva - you are looking stunning, well done!:cheer2:

Guest Rosalind

Hey Favoredone!! The truth is.......I don't want to weigh anything with a 2 in front of it!! Because of my age, I need to get it done!!! Yes, that means I am LOWBALLING!!!:peace:

LOL... Nothing wrong with that!!! I'm great w/ 200-220.... Because of my height, I think it's perfect!!

Had my 3rd appt w/ my WL spec... He's concerned that I'm paying too much attention to the scale and thus, not eating enough!! UGH!!! I'm so hard on myself... So, now I have to schedule each meal and snack each day!!! Didn't do so well this AM, but I'm eating Breakfast now (oatmeal, green tea).. gotta find some Protein... What are your meals looking like these days??

Hey Favoredone!! The truth is.......I don't want to weigh anything with a 2 in front of it!! Because of my age, I need to get it done!!! Yes, that means I am LOWBALLING!!!:peace:

Guest Rosalind

I am preparing to be sleeved in September and prior to that my 2 week preop diet!!! That preop diet???? That is when I am going to need a lot of prayer ! I haven't been eating so regular since neck surgery but I have managed to lose a pound. A normal day of eating is:

7:30 Protein shake

10:00 Low cal Breakfast sandwich/med green apple(keeps me regular)

1:30 sandwich on low cal bread/watermelon/10 carrots or sliced cucumber

5:30 1/2 cup brown rice/1 cup broccoli (some type veggie) 3 grilled chicken strips

most nights I have 1 or 2 sf fudgesicles.......serving size is 2 pops for 80 cal..I LOVE THEM!

I measure my servings. I always prepare my food or have a plan for eating for the day. Most important, I keep extra food in case of a change of plans like an extra apple and some whole grain chips/baby carrots(servings counted out and prebagged) so I am never hungry or aimlessly eating. During this stage, my pcp didn't want any food groups eliminated. It worked because I am satisfied.

Also, when we want hamburgers. We grill them on george forman and bake french fries(serving counted out).

Not eating can be counter productive. Starvation is never the way. You learn a lot about yourself from recording what you eat. Buy fresh fruit and veggies and lean Protein and eat up!

2 (4oz) chicken breasts a day is 68 grams of protein!! That's what i'm eating these days...with various veggies and cooked in a variety of ways... (and snacking on beef jerky)..... American chicken breasts are generally 6 oz (buy a food scale~~ the best investment i've made so far!!!)... so 1 (6oz) chicken breast 51 grams of protein!!! There are great chicken breast cookbooks at BN!

Guest Roz1967

Impressive Starygrl!!

Im down to 245 and wearing a 14 now... crazy how everyones pants size varies per person when they're the same weight (give or take a few pounds). When I was 263 2 weeks ago I was wearing a size18. I've noticed in the past (for me personally).. every 10-12 pounds dropped I go down a pants size. My gf however, it takes her about 20 pounds to drop a size. weird

Me too, I am 6'0 tall and very large boned, weigh 200 - 210 lbs and wear size 16. I look as if I weigh maybe 160 lbs soaking wet. I look healthy and feel great. Wouldn't change anything right now. . .