Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Months Post-Op & Photo

I am hovering at -75lbs gone and I could not be more happy with my sleeve! I can honestly say I love my sleeve and never had any regret about doing this surgery!

I have been frustrated by my "slow" loss but am working on acceptance and trying to embrace it. I did have my 9 month checkup with my surgeon, and when I expressed concern about losing slowly, he laughed and said that I'm doing excellent! He said my weight loss was on target (according to his charts, I'm doing exactly as I should number-wise), my workouts were perfect, and my meals were perfect (I brought in samples of my food logs) so that was wonderful news. He sort of set a target to lose about 15-20lbs in the next 13 or so weeks, and of course that would be wonderful, but as things are slowing way down for me I am doubtful that I can make it. I might be able to swing -15lbs and I would be thrilled with that. That would put me -90lbs for my one year anniversary of getting the sleeve and that would be awesome.

So in that spirit I am working on acceptace. I'm starting to Celebrate more of the little things that matter like running up a flight of stairs and not being winded, or the fact that I can bare my arms and wear sleeveless tops, or bouncing on the trampoline with the kids in the backyard...all things that seem small but in reality are huge NSV's.

I do love seeing before/after pictures (SO MOTIVATING!) so I will post a comparison picture. It is not a body shot (sorry I have no new body shots) so it will have to be a face shot. Sometimes pictures really DO tell the story and even the change in my face is dramatic. I'm always wowed by the fact that as people lose weight their facial features become more prominent. Not being dwarfed by their own weight, suddenly eyes and noses and eyebrows are SO much bigger on a face that isn't carrying so much extra weight.

I can hardly believe it's been 9 months SINCE being sleeved as I remember waiting the 6 months to BE sleeved and feeling like it was an eternity. If you are pre-op hang tight, soon you will be posting that you are 9 months too!

post-58230-13813668357027_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657075181_thumb.jpg

post-4131-13813657075503_thumb.jpg

Great post, Congratualtions on your success. You are rocking that sleeve.

Wow, that is just amazing. Congrats on just blowing the weight away!

You look great...

You do look great! Thanks for sharing the pics. You are so right, they are very motivational!smile.gif

M2G.... LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

A dramatic difference ... well done on a perfect 9mths and I am sure those 15lbs will go... you are doing it all right and ticking the right boxes... impressive stuff!!

Well done you.... hugs from across the pond! =]

What a difference and congrats on such a good report from the doctor!

What a great and inspiring post! You do look amazing and 'jumping on a trampoline?" Seriously, I cannot even imagine that for me... That IS a huge NSV. You look wonderful and you sound...content. I'm so happy for you.

Susan

You look amazing! Your posts are always so inspiring to me, thank you!

Would you mind sharing some of your food logs? Thanks!

Kristina

Hey Kristina, I don't have a way to allow you view my food logs, but I can copy and paste a sample so that you have an idea. The best guide that I can give regarding food and amounts, etc. is to always underfill your sleeve. I am 9 months out and still eat between 3-4oz at every meal. I'm sure capacity-wise, my sleeve could probably handle 6-8oz but since I experience zero hunger, AND I don't like feeling overfull, I tend to eat on the lower side (quantity-wise) of things.

Here is a typical example of one of my days meals. As a general rule (thanks to the advice of many VST members!!!) I try to keep my calories between 900-1200, Protein 80g, and carbs I do best keeping mine under 30g. Everything varies from person to person and of course I am NOT a doctor, so this is just what works for me. Here is a typical day for me: (the number after indicates the number of CALORIES in each item of food depending on what QUANTITY I eat <the quantity did not carry over when I did the copy and paste> and for this particular day my Protein was 89g and my carbs were 26g ...calories are listed at the end)

Breakfast 341

coffee Decaf - Hot beverages 23

Traditional Half and Half - Land O Lakes 89

Egg, Whole - Cooked, Scrambled 102

Egg Beaters 19

Real Bacon Bits 49

Cheddar Shredded cheese 59

lunch 161

Black Forest Ham - Deli meats 49

Smoked Sliced Deli Turkey - Hormel Natural Choice 33

Cheddar Shredded cheese 79

dinner 300

1/2 Chipotle chicken Bowl no rice no salsa 265

Strawberries 2

Almonds, Dry Roasted - With Salt Added 33

snack 141

Kirkland Albacore tuna 78

FAGE Total 2% 7

Light Sour Cream 7

Crackers Whole Wheat 14

Original Creamy Swiss 7

FAGE Total 2% 28

TOTAL 942

I hope this helps!

Thank you to everyone who has made a comment and been so supportive! It is so nice to come here and be able to share, because you guys all "get it"!