Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhhh after 9 months of following every instruction I was given.......today at my pre-op I was told they had to reschedule. I was up 1/2 lb from my last appt. I was schedule for August 2nd. I exceeded the 10% weight loss requirement. I am devastated. Now they are telling me I have to go back and complete the Options program again and basically start all over. All over 1/2 lb!!!!!! The only answer I received was Kaiser is really cracking down on the weight loss. I lost 45 lbs and only needed to lose 25 lb. I am sad and wont be trying anymore. Good luck everyone and if you are going through Kaiser make sure you lose lose lose and do not gain anything back once you have lost it.

:( that is really horrible! Can you not blame it on PMS Water weight (assuming you are female). OMG! That is just not fair! You already acceded their expectations. Call and fight back! I hope you can remedy this and get what you want/need! NOT RIGHT!!!!

Oh no, don't give up! You are worth more then this - you deserve to get this after all the committment you have already demonstrated. Do a day or two on just Protein Shakes, go back in and ask to be reweighed and I bet you wil get under that .5 pound. It seems very strange that this happened since our weight fluctuates a bit day to day even if we are on a perfect diet, or even after WLS!!! Demand a recount! Wear lighter shoes! Half a pound - this is really ridiculous.

Oh please don't give up! Call them and fight! You deserve this. 1/2 pound????? Really???? That is sooo freaking stupid! Especially since you already exceeded their requirements. Appeal this! Will your doctors office help you with an appeal?

Appeal that----get a nurse who'll weigh you several times. That's ridiculous! You will surely come out head on this one in the long run. Good luck!

Ahhhhh after 9 months of following every instruction I was given.......today at my pre-op I was told they had to reschedule. I was up 1/2 lb from my last appt. I was schedule for August 2nd. I exceeded the 10% weight loss requirement. I am devastated. Now they are telling me I have to go back and complete the Options program again and basically start all over. All over 1/2 lb!!!!!! The only answer I received was Kaiser is really cracking down on the weight loss. I lost 45 lbs and only needed to lose 25 lb. I am sad and wont be trying anymore. Good luck everyone and if you are going through Kaiser make sure you lose lose lose and do not gain anything back once you have lost it.

Kaiser IS VERY STRICT and they tell you that up front! If you gain they don't like that. They don't want to operate on people that are not serious. And now you are just going to give up?? That is why they do what they do, they don't want to operate on you and then have you say, OH WELL, I quit!!

I am glad that I had the most strict of surgeons at Kaiser. He kicked my ass into gear. I would not be where I am today if it weren't for him!

Kelly :)

LOL Kick me while i'm down.......I guess that is why I only lurk on this website. Always afraid of posting something stupid and someone having something negative to say. For the record, I am sure that I showed how serious I was. I kicked a 22 year habit of drinking (6) 2 liters of Pepsi a day, I lost not only my required 10% but lost an additional 20 lbs, worked out 6 days a week for 6 months after not having exercised at all ever! It seems so silly to deny me for gaining 1/2 lb of my additional weight loss........and you want to assume I am not serious?????? Going through the Options program for another 12 weeks and waiting another 5 months to be called for surgery is not something I am interested in doing. If i have to pay out of pocket than jumping through more hoops I guess I will look into that. Did I mention that the 1/2 lb weight gain was just within a weeks time as I had seen him a week earlier. So we are all clear I gained a 1/2 lb of my ADDITIONAL weight loss and was denied. And I would hardly have a Surgery done and then say OH WELL I quit! that is just ridiculous and that is not what I said in my original post.

Thanks to all of you who were supportive and offered suggestions I really appreciate it.

Kaiser IS VERY STRICT and they tell you that up front! If you gain they don't like that. They don't want to operate on people that are not serious. And now you are just going to give up?? That is why they do what they do, they don't want to operate on you and then have you say, OH WELL, I quit!!

I am glad that I had the most strict of surgeons at Kaiser. He kicked my ass into gear. I would not be where I am today if it weren't for him!

Kelly :)

While I am sure you are disappointed, please do not give up on the surgery, to do so would be giving up on yourself. Now I cannot see any logical doctor not letting you re weigh. A bottle of Water weighs a half pound and if you had just drank before going in or it is getting to be your tom then 1/2 pound is just water weight. Surely they would half to have based their decision on something more. Show them how bad you want this, start calling and logically explaining why you think they should not postpone your surgery!

ohhuera

I think you took what everyone is saying the wrong way. Go back into your doctor and fight now! Demand to be re-weighed, demand a greater explaination. Explain you had just finished a large bottle of Water and had not drained your bladder. You have come too far to give up now. It is ridiculous that you have to start over. Demand to not start over.

I have gained a pound since yesterday and I am 11 weeks post-op. I know it's Water weight because I know I am following my doctor's strict plan <30g of carbs each day.

You have worked too hard for this. Fight, fight, fight!!!

I didn't say it to be mean, I said it to make you realize that what you are giving up on is YOURSELF!!

How silly to do such a thing. You have come so far and to just stop now is non-sense. That is all!

Kelly

That is such b.s.!!! 1/2 lb after you've lost more than they asked?? Don't let them do that to you. You have shown you are serious and more. They are just trying to get outta paying for your surgery. I can easily fluctuate 1-6 lbs daily. So many things can affect this. I would demand to speak to the highest authority. The other person was just speaking on how Kaiser sees things not judging you. We are all here for you and support you 100%!! A lot of us have dealt with Insurance and Drs and all their hoops, we do understand. It took me 7 yrs to get my sleeve. I ended up self-paying. Don't give up.

:)

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry that you are having this issue with Kaiser now.... But, if this is something that you really want...please don't give up now. 1/2 lbs is so small...you could have taken off your socks to get that off. Please call Kaiser...talk to your doctor, nurse, customer support and anyone that may be able to help. I don't think that fair...But if you give up now Kaiser wins.

I have Kaiser also and I live in Maryland. Please belive me when I tell you that Kaiser has been giving me the blues...but I just keep on going...You come so far to turn away now.

I am glad that you put your post on this site...please take a minute to think about what's best for you and if you want it...please fight for it.

Toyia