Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Callanetics: 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours

I've found this treasure when I was a teenager some 20+ years ago. My ex-Stepmother had a copy of this book and I took it an read it. Suffice to say I never returned it... LOL :-) I still do have it to this day. It is by FAR the best workout book I have ever (well I can't say bought... haha) came across.

I have been getting many requests for tips on how I'm being able to keep my shape the way I am. I'd say there are several factors to this. Firstly, eating low carb... it does help with belly flab!! Believe that. Low carb eaters have much flatter tummies than those who do not.

Second, my running really is helping sculpt a very lean body structure. I can't say enough about this!! I don't think I've EVER been able to get my legs to cooperate as much as I can right now with looking thinner all the time.

Third, and this is what I'm sharing here with you all. It is called Callanetics: 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours. Best. Muscle toning workout. EVER!!! It does NOT bulk you up. I have a hard time keeping this from happening which is why I don't really do a lot of weight training. I don't want to look like a bodybuilder! I could get this way very easily. Instead these workouts only tone and sculpt a very lean and sexy figure, for both women AND men. There are testimonial pages showing this within the book. I just now bought the complimentary DVD's and I am planning to take these workouts to a whole new level.

I hope this inspires some! I'm not kidding these workouts are pretty amazing. Little known in the workout world but so worth it if you find it. FYI, some of the DVD's are a waste and are not created by the original founder of these workouts. If it's not by Callan Pinckney, don't waste your money on it. :) *hugs*

Callanetics: 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours

http://www.amazon.com/Callanetics-10-Years-Younger-Hours/dp/0688037879/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I will have to check this out. You are looking great! It is so motivating to know that it really is possible to make such huge changes to you physical appearance as you have.

I will have to check this out. You are looking great! It is so motivating to know that it really is possible to make such huge changes to you physical appearance as you have.

Thanks :) I'm not kidding when I say these workouts are AMAZING with sculpting the figure!! If anything it's these that single-handedly shaped my figure. Keeping my booty firm, making my waist tiny. However, my legs and batwings I owe it all to my running. :) And my belly flatness is from lower carbs.

Here's another link that might be easier to navigate:

http://www.callanetics.com/products.php

I agree 100% that these exercises work! I had a weight problem in junior high and I lost about 50 pounds. I also did Callanetics and I was able to maintain a toned body for quite some time. When I had kids and gained lots of weight, I stopped doing the exercises. I recently started doing them again (I found an old video at my mom's) due to the skin issue I am having. Callanetics is really helping me tone up. It really does work!

That is so funny! I bet that was one of the first exercise books I ever bought as a teenager. I haven't thought about it in decades! Will have to take another look. Thanks for the tips!

Hey Irene,

Do you use the book or the DVD? I want to try this at the gym because for some reason, I am too lazy to work out at home EVER! But, when I go to the gym I will actually work out! I am hoping I can learn the exercises and do them at the gym... any advice?

Hey Irene,

Do you use the book or the DVD? I want to try this at the gym because for some reason, I am too lazy to work out at home EVER! But, when I go to the gym I will actually work out! I am hoping I can learn the exercises and do them at the gym... any advice?

Well I pretty much have always used the book. I still have one of the original prints made decades ago. I have my several favorites that I've pretty much always been doing, even at my heaviest. But I'm going to dig much deeper into the routines now that I'm much lighter and should be able to do the more difficult ones. I just bought the DVD set and should be here today!!! :)

That said, you should do whatever keeps you motivated. Does anyone at your gym teach these routines? If not, then bring your book, find a corner and see how you like that.

If you've never done these before give them a shot. I've found that they are actually pretty fun to do and the results just keep you doing more and more. It may get to the point you really don't mind doing them at home!

Oh, that's good news! They don't teach callanetics at my gym, but I can just take the book with me and work on them from there. I thought it was a DVD routine, but it being a book is actually much more convenient for me. Thanks, Irene!

Oh, that's good news! They don't teach callanetics at my gym, but I can just take the book with me and work on them from there. I thought it was a DVD routine, but it being a book is actually much more convenient for me. Thanks, Irene!

No problem! I'm glad to help :)

Which would you suggest starting with, book or dvd (for a beginner)?

Hey...

You've inspired me to spend some money...lol... I've ordered the book and I am awaiting its arrival... thanks Irene... x

I had no idea that Callanetics was still around! I did it for awhile years ago (like 20-25 years?) when I wasn't overweight, and it really did make a difference in a very short amount of time.

My only complaint was the way she talked, it just annoyed the heck out of me LOL... didn't know there was a book though! I just may see if I can find it and start doing them again. :)

Which would you suggest starting with, book or dvd (for a beginner)?

I would definitely start with the book. Like Stacy mentioned, Callan Pinckney is a bit annoying sounding on the DVD. I mean not enough to where I won't use them (I just bought them after 20+ years but have had the book this whole time), but the book at least you can read all of her history and the before/after photos are really motivating.

Good luck all!!! You will LOVE it!!! Especially the results. :D

I just ordered the book and VHS from my library!

I have this book too, and have had for a very long time. The exercises for batwings and the inner thigh are absolutely brilliant. Of course if mine didn't have a ton of fat on them they would look just great!!! I am planning to resurrect these exercises after I have my sleeve and have lost some of the weight. I know it will help with toning and hopefully with any loose skin. By the way you look terrific if I do half as well when I get my sleeve I shall be a very happy bunny.:)