Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quite curious - month by month stats and your "rules."

I'm two months sleeved as of yesterday - I've made up my mind not to compare myself to anyone else's successes but I do love hearing about everyone's experiences.

For me - three weeks pre op diet - 20 pounds

First month after sleeve - down 21 pounds

second month - 12 pounds. Slowed down - but I'm still consistently loosing so I'm not going to stress.

My do's and don'ts - I drink lots of Water - always have, been staying mostly around 700 calories a day, that's about all I can fit in anyways. My NUT said to do closer to 1000 and 1200 calories - I just don't see how it's possible! Carbs I stay away from most breads, Pasta, but if I have a craving, a small bit seems to tide me over. I don't stress over fruit or veggie carbs. I still look forward to food and enjoy planning my next yummy meal - I throw spinach into everything - yum. I take my B-12's and a liquid multiday from costco. Also switched out dairy milk for unsweetened almond milk.

Went back to work at 10 days post off (although I did have my husband drive me in so I could complete month end at three days post off, just for a couple hours). For me going back to work was very good - too my mind off food those first few ultra restrictive days.

And I still drink my coffee - yup - I'm a rebel. I didn't function without it. Made a world of difference in my day and my energy when I added back a cup a day at 4 weeks out.

Exercise - I'm still working on. I know the importance of it - it's just hard to get myself moving early in the morning which is my only time to work out. I've done pretty good the last week but not so much this week.

Overall - I'm thrilled - I look better and feel great! I have not been this weight since I was 20 years old back when I started on the evil birth control pills. I have a work conference in Cabo in 3 months and I'm really really hoping to show off Wonderland.

Looks like your well on your way to a healthier life. I also stopped comparing myself to others and fell into my own groove. I didn’t drink liquids a lot before surgery so for me getting enough fluids is my biggest challenge.

As for rules I don’t have any, for me that works well. I eat what I want when I want and normally until I’m full. I find myself just wanting better foods but if I want something sweet I eat it. Usually about once a week and I’ve been on a gelato kick lately.

Exercise I go to the gym 3-4 time a week. I started off only doing ½ mile on elliptical. Now my routine is 5 miles on cardio day and 1.5miles cardio plus weights on lift days. It’s always slow getting back in the groove of things but if you just keep at it, it will pay off.

I attached my weight tracking sheet so you can see the progress. It’s a weekly point over the last 4 months.

Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work.

post-6537-13813657055553_thumb.png

Very Cool & Detailed! Congrats CJ - you are rocking it and very informative! = )

Looks like your well on your way to a healthier life. I also stopped comparing myself to others and fell into my own groove. I didn’t drink liquids a lot before surgery so for me getting enough fluids is my biggest challenge.

As for rules I don’t have any, for me that works well. I eat what I want when I want and normally until I’m full. I find myself just wanting better foods but if I want something sweet I eat it. Usually about once a week and I’ve been on a gelato kick lately.

Exercise I go to the gym 3-4 time a week. I started off only doing ½ mile on elliptical. Now my routine is 5 miles on cardio day and 1.5miles cardio plus weights on lift days. It’s always slow getting back in the groove of things but if you just keep at it, it will pay off.

I attached my weight tracking sheet so you can see the progress. It’s a weekly point over the last 4 months.

Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work.

Start weight was 229, on the day of surgery ( in february), I was 209. at 5 months out I'm feeling stuck at between 145 and 150. I never kept track of my week to week loses.....

Up until recently, I generally stayed around 800-1000cal and 30-50carbs. I upped my carbs as I am training for my first half marathon ( aaaaaaa!!!!!). I'm at the gym usually 5 days a week alternating running with weights. I'm not worried about my weight anymore. If I stay at 150, I'm all good. I started at a size 24 pants and am now in a 11/12. I'm still loosing size because of the running and I can't wait to be in sigle digits ; )

Cheers : )