Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Day Challenge... get ready to kick some butt here!

YIKES!!! Sorry, Irene, didn't know we were supposed to post everything we were eating LOL. Ok, here is today's and I'll start posting daily from here on out!

Tuesday, August 02, 2011Protein shake/almonds/protein bar/3 turkey Tomato mayo lettuce wraps/protein bar/1 hour fitness kickboxing/4 diet snapple peach iced tea/ 30oz water/4 coffees

I'm not Irene, but I'll answer anyway ;-) You don't have to post what you're eating as part of this challenge, you can simply follow the rules in Irene's first post in this thread and then let us know how you're doing. I'm posting mine to keep myself accountable and to help others see what I'm eating and doing at 2.5 months out. I was getting a cookie and snack habit-- something I need to nip in the bud. Having to write down what I eat helps me leave the Snacks behind.

Lynda

Thanks, Lynda. I will do the same, I already log my food, exercise, sugar and weight daily in excel. Just a copy and paste. :)

Today's eats! :)

Wednesday, August 03, 2011: Protein shake/almonds/salad with grilled chicken/2protein bar/40oz water/ 3 diet snapple peach iced teas/worked late so no workout today, double time it tomorrow!

Hi all, I slipped up a bit today. I just can't face another meal or Protein drink tonight and my Protein and calories are a bit light today. And I forgot my lunchtime Calcium AGAIN. I drank my Protein Drink for lunch because I wanted to go somewhere and I didn't have 20-30 minutes to devote to eating solid protein. Then after dinner, I had a 1/2 graham cracker. And yesterday I had a cookie before I went to bed so actuals for Monday was 830 calories.

I really need help remembering my calcium at lunchtime. I am still considering chews because I think if I enjoy it I will make more of an effort.

August 3, Wednesday:Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams protein, 115 caloriesLunch: 1 scoop French vanilla Gold Standard whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 caloriesDinner: 1/2 C. Homemade chili: 10 grams protein, 150 caloriesLate Snack: 1/2 graham cracker: 30 calories

Protein, 52 grams, Calories: 450, Water: 64 oz.

Vitamins: Forgot my lunchtime calcium todayExercise: Worked out with the trainer for 20 minutes (was 10 minutes late for my 30 minute appt.)

Don't beat yourself up, Lynda! There is always tomorrow. :)

Wednesday, August 04, 2011: 2Protein shakes/dry roasted peanuts/baked chicken/protein bar/No workout AGAIN today! didn't get out of work til way late. Gotta double up it on Sat and Sun.

Just FYI 6lbs gone this week!

Congrats on the 6 lbs Raine!

I continued to eat at lunchtime today after I felt full and I paid a terrible price for it. My stomach cramped for at least 1/2 hr. after I ate. I had heartburn late this afternoon so I took an omeprazole. My tummy still feels a little irritated. I really need to follow MexicaliVSG's advice and be a body listener, not a big mouth. I haven't eaten dinner or had my late night snack and I don't want to. But I will try to eat and meet my Protein goals for the day. August 4, Thursday:Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams Protein, 115 caloriesLunch: 1/2 C. Homemade chili: 10 grams protein, 150 caloriesPlanned Dinner: 3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt with Splenda: 15 grams protein 95 caloriesPlanned Late Snack: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein powder in 12 oz. water: 20 grams protein, 90 calories

Protein, 60 grams, Calories: 450, Water: Still working on it. I think I'm on glass 5 or 6 and it's 8 p.m.

Vitamins: Took my lunchtime Calcium today - Go me!!Exercise: Fast walk for 45 minutes

So, I've been slacking on logging for the last couple of days. But, here are my stats for today:

Breakfast: 1 egg

Snack: coffee with milk

Lunch: 1 TB Peanut Butter, 2 crackers

Dinner: 1/2 of a chicken sausage, 1 cracker

late snack: Protein shake

today wasn't too great --too many carbs, no veggies, and not enough Protein. I was super busy at work, so I just kind of grabbed what was handy. So tomorrow I'm going to plan things out so that it goes more smoothly. Also, I have my arse-kicking workout class tomorrow, so yay for that!

Good morning!! I just wanted to buzz by and give my apologies for not checking in, in awhile. I'm just really been trying to give my mind some relief and slowly get out of the goal driven mind set. I've been a much better person for it honestly.

In reality my size is fine, and very happy with it. I'm starting to move forward and am getting a few touch ups cosmetically over the next few months. I'm not sure who has been following me, or you may have been reading my status's over the past few weeks. :)

I just wanted to say that even though I'm not really following this challenge to a T, I think I've gotten my mind to a place where I'm realizing that even though I don't have any definitive goals in mind or in any type of challenge mode I'm actually doing so much better now than ever. I'm just on TOM day three and I've already gotten all the Water gain off. I don't usually get that off till the week after. B)

In the next three months to ensure safe procedures I will need to stay far away from anything high in sodium, which really has always been my #1 enemy. I have done great so far and I'm sure is the reason I've already gotten the TOM weight off. I feel really really good, and wow... I'm losing so many inches right now. It's almost like every time I wake up and look in the mirror I can see significant changes than just the day before!!!

All that said, I want to hugely commend all of you who are following this plan!! This is the plan that got me to where I am right now. I still weigh 182 Lbs, but I really don't think there will ever come a day where I can use weight and the BMI as my guide to how I'm doing. I have to go by other things entirely. I'm knowing my body is still losing and that's ok too. I just want my body to settle in where ever it wants. I'm not fat anymore, I'm not obese anymore, I'm not unhealthy anymore, I'm not shopping in the Plus Sizes anymore, I'm not looked at and thought of as the fat girl in the room anymore... all those things mean more to me than the darn number on the scale. I don't have that number tattooed on my forehead and trust me, no one would ever guess how much I weighed if I didn't tell them (thank goodness!!! :lol:)

Keep up the good work all of you!!! I am watching and cheering you all on whether you know it or not. I am darned proud that starting up this challenge has gotten some of you back on track. *big hugs*

Xoxo

Awww, thanks for cheering us on, Irene!!! I am doing great on my workouts, but not nailing my food, so your pep talk helped remind me to get moving on that score!!! You are totally inspiring in all that you've done, so I am trying to follow the "Irene Program" :-). I got my Callanetics book yesterday, in fact!!! :-)

Awww, thanks for cheering us on, Irene!!! I am doing great on my workouts, but not nailing my food, so your pep talk helped remind me to get moving on that score!!! You are totally inspiring in all that you've done, so I am trying to follow the "Irene Program" :-). I got my Callanetics book yesterday, in fact!!! :-)

Ohhh yayyy!!! I promise you are really going to love it!!! She will remind you a lot during your workouts the movements are to be slow and Fluid. Try not to go to fast or go herky Jerky. Elongate yourself and point your pelvis upward always and keep your back straight. And get your mind almost in a "yogish" type state.

:)

What did you think of her before / after section? Pretty neat huh?

Irene,

I can't believe how different everyone's bodys are! If I was rocking size 4 pants, I would take it easy too!!! Our weight is close, but our size is so different. At 183.6 and 5'6" tall, I am comfortably in large or extra large tops and size 16 pants. And I workout with a trainer 3 times a week and do a fast walk for several miles twice a week, so it's not like I'm all flab!! I don't think I'll ever see size 4. I'm hoping to see size 6 women's and size 11 juniors when I get to 135. This is based on that I wore size 9 at 120 about 30 years ago ;-).

Thanks for checking in on us and for starting up this great challenge. It's really helped me stay focused on what I need to do to be healthy.

Anyhow, here's my info for today and yesterday:

I didn't eat dinner last night after I made myself sick at lunch, so actuals for Thursday were Protein, 56 grams, Calories: 47.

August 3, Friday:

Breakfast: Yogurt Smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams Protein, 115 calories

Lunch: 1/2 oz. lowfat salami, 1 lowfat string cheese, 3 whole wheat crackers: 12 grams protein, 125 calories

Dinner: 1/2 C. Homemade chili: 10 grams protein, 150 calories

Planned Late Snack: 1 scoop French vanilla Gold Standard whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 calories

Planned Protein, 64 grams, Planned Calories: 545, Water: On cup 7!

Vitamins: Took my lunchtime Calcium today - Go me!! Need to take my Iron tonight so I have to get my shake in by around 8 so I can wait an hour, then take Iron and wait 1 hour before laying down.

Exercise: Workout with trainer for 30 minutes, stretch for 15 minutes, plan to ride my bike about 5 miles this evening and walk around the art cars: http://www.artcarfest.com/

Irene, I love the "before/after" section. It's amazing how these women's bodies have changed! And I also love that this was before the era of retouched photos! You can tell these photos were NOT messed with in any way! I'm going to start the Callenetics workouts tomorrow. In addition, I have my awesome cardio/pilates/weights class today and tomorrow, yays!

My totals for today:

Breakfast: 1 egg white, turkey bacon

Lunch: salad + pork

snack: medium latte

dinner: salad, feta, light Salad Dressing & tikka chicken

1 hour of my awesome cardio/pilates/weights class, woot! I am sore already!!!!

Hi all,

Had a great time at the Art Car Fest yesterday, but I didn't take my Iron yesterday and didn't make it up today. It's hard to get everything finished 2 hours before bed so I can take the Iron one hour after eating and then be up one hour after. Yesterday, I had a bite of a cake pop and a bite of dark chocolate. Not perfect, but both were small bites.

August 6, Saturday:

Breakfast: Yogurt Smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams Protein, 115 calories

Lunch: 3/8 C. Homemade chili: 8 grams Protein, 120 calories

Dinner: 3 oz. Seabass, 4 spinach leaves, fortune cookie, small bite of chocolate cake: 21 grams protein, 225 calories

Late Snack: 1 scoop French Vanilla Gold Standard Whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 calories

Protein: 71 grams, Calories: 615, Water: Drinking cup 8 after I finish my Protein Drink that I'm working on now.

Vitamins: Took my lunchtime Calcium today - Go me!!

Exercise: Cleaned the kitchen for an hour

Yesterday was a tough day in terms of workout and consumption because I was out all day at an event and I didn't really have any ability to bring my own food, so I did the best I could:

exercise: 1-1.5 hours of walking

Food:

B: 1 egg + 1 oz. cheddar cheese

L: 1 medium latte

S: 1 medium latte

D: sliche of quiche made with eggs and shitake mushrooms (minus the crust)

some salad greens

I need to plug this into fitday to figure out the breakdown of calories/carbs/protein, but I'd guess I might be high on carbs and light on Protein.

And good news, I am down 2 lbs this week, so it's 5 lbs to Onederland!!!!! 5 pounds away!!!!

We went to visit the kids today and they made dinner for us. I had a bite of each of my favorites, but it added up! Brought the grandson home for a visit for a couple of days and stopped and the store to get him and grandpa Snacks. I had a bite of grandpa's donut and then a couple of whole wheat crackers because I really wanted more chips and I'd like to eat more junk RIGHT NOW at 10:30 at night. I would love something salty and then something sweet. But I am going to take my nighttime pills, wash my makeup off, put my PJs on and call it a day. I know the scale will thank me tomorrow but right now I DO NOT FEEL LIKE BEING GOOD.

August 7, Sunday:

Lunch: 1 oz. 98% fat free lunch meat, baby bel lite cheese, 5 whole wheat crackers, 2 T. avocado: 11 grams Protein, 160 calories

Snack: 2 potato chips with ranch dip, 1 tortilla chip with guacamole, Peanut Butter pretzel bite: 100 calories (guestimate)

Dinner: 2 oz. tri-tip, 1/4 C. watermelon,2 bites garlic bread, 1 bite potato salad: 14 grams protein, 225 calories

Late Snack: 2 whole wheat crackers, 2 bites of donut, 1 scoop French Vanilla Gold Standard Whey Protein with1 C. plain soy milk and cinnamon: 31 grams protein, 335 calories

Protein, 71 grams, Calories: 995, Water: 64 oz.

Vitamins: Missed my lunchtime Calcium today

Exercise: Day off!