Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Day Challenge... get ready to kick some butt here!

I'm sooo glad to see so many joining in on this challenge! Between here and FB!!! We are all going to kick butt really and seriously :)

READY SET AND GOOOOO!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!!!

The challenge has officially begun. I will post my dailies here once the sun has gone down to keep me going. I'm going to log my food intake, my workouts and general demeanor for the day. REALLY GONNA PUSH IT FOLKS!!! I'm super close to where I'll be totally comfortable stopping.

I'm not sure how many of you already know this but I've already hit my goal from where I said I wanted to end up in my journey. That being in a size 8. Well I'm already fitting some size 6's and 8's so therefore I have hit my goal technically. However, I do still see some things I'd like to work on, so I've furthered my goal to Size 4's. I do probably expect to be there in about 20 more Lbs give or take. So... I have started these challenges to keep me motivated until I get there. Likely I'll need to do a few of these!! That's ok, I'm up for the challenge!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE PARTICIPATING!!!

This is VERY DO-ABLE!!! I have already had my 30 minutes. Half way through the fruit and veges. Working on the Water. Protein for dinner! This should jump start my week. :)

Deb

I was so excited I started yesterday! I have a wedding to attend in 1 month so I'm extra motivated. Here are my stats for yesterday:

Water - 72 ozs

Exercise - 30 min

Protein - 66.6 g

Breakfast - 1 1/2 eggs

snack - Turkey sausage link

lunch - 1/3 Cobb salad

Snack - Chili

dinner - 1/3 Cobb salad

Weighed this morning - lost 1 lb after a 2 week stall!!! Thanks LMD for coming up with this challenge!

I got 30 minutes of exercise in today - walking in place while watching TV. It's been way too hot outside to walk and I HATE going to the malls. So, this is my compromise. It's the first day since my surgery that I have purposefully "exercised" - thanks for the motivation LMD!

Got all of my Protein and Water in already - still have about 4 hours before bed. I'm sure I'll get more Water in yet today.

I'm just back from vacation today, so going to start tomorrow. Going on vacation the middle of August again, so need the challenge!

Hi Luvtheatre and welcome!!! :)

Hello all, today is DAY 1 and we have 29 DAYS LEFT TO GO. :)

So the fun has only begun today and yet I'm rocking and rolling on this one!!! Ohhh goodness it would be nice to see a dip on the scale in a few days!! If not though, oh well. I'm more a Size Goalie rather than a scale Goalie. :D I did great today!! I'm sooo ready for this. I haven't really been on plan in a month now and thank goodness I have not gained, and the inches are still coming off but not a whole lot. It's nice to know that even when I don't try the inches still melt away. Very very interesting.

Anyway I do hope everyone else did well too! If not, that's ok tomorrow is a new day. As for myself I'm going to give it MY ALL!! I would really really love to finally being able to say I'm truly and undoubtedly done. Hugs to all!!!

Here's my totals for today:

Breakfast: Power Protein shake & Small banana

Snack: 6 Oz Light Blueberry Yoplait

Lunch: 3 chicken Wings

Snack: String cheese & ½ Serving Sunflower Kernels

Dinner: White chicken breast meat Stir Fry with Broccoli & Bok Choi, and Grated Cauliflower

Snack: Fage 2%, 1 Serving

This is surely adding up to over 60g Protein today!! Whoohooo!!!

Water totals are: 105 oz.

Workouts: 1 Hour Treadmill, 30 Minutes on Stationary Bike and 30 Mins Calisthenics.

Today's checkin:

B: 1 egg + 1 oz cheese

L: smoked tofu + salad + lt. dressing

S: Protein shake + almond milk

D: green Beans + devilled eggs (OK, it's a weird dinner, I know. It's just what I had on hand :-))

Exercise: 55 minutes of a combo yoga, pilates, cardio, weights class. YOW!

Water: did not keep track very well. I have to work on that tomorrow.

Vitamins: done and done.

Things that went well: Exercise was great, and I ate low-carb and high Protein, but I need to track my calories and Water better tomorrow. Cheers to day 1~

So... today is day 3 and we have 27 days left to get this done!!!

Today is a MUCH better day for me. I feel more relaxed and content. My head hunger and carb cravings were so terrible yesterday. I honestly don't know how I managed to do so well. Regardless, I started this and I'm going to finish, and finish strong!!! I am feeling MUCH BETTER today too as far as cravings go. It's always the first few days that are the worst, and usually day 2 is crazy for me! I hope I can keep those cravings at bay today. :)

How is everyone else doing???

Here are my totals from yesterday:

Water: 116 Oz.

Just because I wanted it: Starbucks Skinny Caramel Macchiato Tall

Breakfast: Atkins Caramel Latte Protein shake & Small Banana

Lunch: Yesterday dinner Leftovers

Snack: Peanuts & Lite string cheese

Dinner: 1/2 Carl's Jr. LoCarb Turkey Burger and 1/2 Garden salad.

Snack: 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Workout: Day Off!!!

Argh, I just added my info from yesterday and somehow lost it. Sometimes this UI baffles me!

Anyway....

So, yesterday was tough. I was soooore from my Sunday workout, and having cravings like crazy.

But, here was my back to basics plan:

1 egg + coffee & milk & equal for Breakfast

1 egg + yogurt for lunch

string cheese for snack

roast chicken + string Beans & shallots for dinner.

I need to get in more Protein and water!!

Hi all,I'm a couple of days behind, but here's my info for the first three days of the challenge. So far so good except for the cookie on Sunday. I'm only 10 weeks out, so my portions are still smaller, but I am getting in 65 grams of Protein per day and averaging 600 calories per day. I'd like to be at 180 on August 17 (Currently 188.5), but I think that's a bit aggressive. If I can get there, I will have lost 10% of my total body weight in the first month post-surgery (Started at 222 on May 16, was 200 by June 16) and another 10% in the next two months (From 200 to 180). My Labor Day Goal is 179, so I would blow that out of the Water if I can make the 10% goal.

Lynda

Sunday:

Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams protein, 145 calories

Lunch: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese: 15 grams protein, 140 calories

S: 1/2 C. Watermelon, 1 small Cookie: 100 calories

Dinner: 2 oz ground beef patty, 1/8 C. steamed summer squash, 4 bites corn on the cob, 2 T. ketchup: 14 grams protein, 175 calories

Late Night Snack: 1 scoop Unjury chicken Protein, 12 oz. water: 20 grams protein, 90 calories

Protein: 64 grams, Calories: 650, Water: 64 oz

Vitamins: Missed bi-weekly iron

Exercise: Free Day!

Monday:

Breakfast: Yogurt Smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams protein, 145 calories

Lunch: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese, 1/3 C. watermelon: 15 grams protein, 155 calories

Dinner: 2 oz ground beef patty, 1/8 C. steamed summer squash, 4 bites corn on the cob: 14 grams protein, 155 calories

Late Night Snack: 1 scoop French vanilla Gold Standard whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 calories

Protein: 71 grams, Calories: 610, Water: 64 oz

Vitamins: On schedule. Took bi-weekly Iron tonight because I missed it last night.

Exercise: 30 minutes with the trainer.

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Yogurt Smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 15 grams protein, 145 calories

Lunch: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese, 3 grape tomatoes: 15 grams protein, 140 calories

Planned Dinner: 2 oz. meat kabobs (chicken and pork), 1/4 C. mixed veggies from kabobs and grape tomatoes: 14 grams protein, 160 calories

Planned Late Night Snack: 1 scoop French Vanilla Gold Standard Whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 calories

Planned Protein, 71 grams, Planned Calories: 600, Water: On track - 5 down, 3 to go.

Vitamins: I've been skipped my Calcium every day at lunch. I just really hate taking it three times a day. Maybe I will get some calcium chews for lunchtime.

Exercise: 45 minutes fast walk with walking group this morning.

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? Please post even if you are not meeting your daily goals. Tracking what you eat is the number one habit of successful weight loss maintainers!

I still have a hard time with chicken so I ate a little less than planned last night. And I had one graham cracker with 1 t. Peanut Butter. So my actual Protein and calories for Tuesday were 68 grams of protein and 583 calories.

Today I hopped on the scale and was greeted with 186. 7!! I don't log my weight till Friday, but if I lose a little more between now and then I might actually make my goal of losing 10% of my body weight in months 2-3 post surgery. I'm going to the outdoor movies tonight. I will take my dinner for a snack and have my evening Protein Drink at dinner time. And I'll have an extra snack of some watermelon and a few whole wheat crackers. I was low on yogurt so I had to improvise on my morning smoothie today. Wasn't nearly as good!

July 27, Wednesday:

Breakfast: Yogurt Smoothie (1/3 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/2 scoop Unjury Unflavored Protein Powder, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda): 17 grams protein, 118 calories

Planned Lunch: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese, 3 grape tomatoes: 15 grams protein, 140 calories

Planned Snack: 1 scoop French Vanilla Gold Standard Whey Protein, 1/2 C. Starbucks Via Decaf Italian Roast, 1/2 C. plain soy milk: 27 grams protein, 155 calories

Planned Late Dinner: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese, 5 grape tomatoes: 15 grams protein, 140 calories

Planned Late Night Snack: 1/2 C. Watermelon, 5 whole grain crackers: 60 calories

Planned Protein, 69 grams, Planned Calories: 613, Water: On track - 3 down, 5 to go.

Vitamins: I will take my Calcium at lunchtime today. Just because I don't want to doesn't mean I can't do it!

Exercise: 30 minutes with the trainer

Hey Lynda, great job!!! :)

Today is DAY 4 and we have 26 DAYS LEFT!!! If you have gotten through the cravings by now you really should be good to go for the remainder of the days. My day 2 was sooo terrible, however I'm not having much cravings at all now. Thank goodness!!!

For me today I'm sick :( I have a sore throat, a bad cough and a fever. So I'm going to take it easy. I even did yesterday too and I didn't realize I was actually getting ill!!! One thing I've noticed is that I don't really get Colds or Flus as much as I did when I was obese and unhealthy. I don't even think I've gotten like this once since my Sleeve surgery. I hope it will pass soon!

Here were my totals from yesterday:

Water: 132 Oz.

Breakfast: 2 Scr eggs and 2 Sausages

Snack: 1/4 Grapefruit w/Splenda

Lunch: Baked chicken with Salsa and 2% cheese

Dinner: tuna on Mixed Baby Greens, with fresh Tomato and cukes. 2% cheese and HVR Dressing.

Snack: 1 Serving Blue Diamond Almonds

Workout: 30 Minutes on the Elliptical...

Thank you and congrats to you too! I saw your post under success about getting to overweight BMI. I agree those BMI charts can be so full of it, but you rocked it anyway!

And I know what you mean about those cravings. But I have a goal - get away from me cookies!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds like you got the infamous summer cold.

Lynda

Hey Lynda, great job!!! :)

Today is DAY 4 and we have 26 DAYS LEFT!!! If you have gotten through the cravings by now you really should be good to go for the remainder of the days. My day 2 was sooo terrible, however I'm not having much cravings at all now. Thank goodness!!!

For me today I'm sick :( I have a sore throat, a bad cough and a fever.

Lynda, thanks for the reminder about checking in and tracking food intake.

Here's my day so far....

B: 1 HB egg

L: 2 oz. turkey + 1/2 oz cheese

S: latte

D: grilled lamb (2 oz.) and green Beans

for a total of 632 cals/33 carb/ 60 Protein.

Hm, I probably need to add a Protein shake....

Took my morning vites, and I'll take my others at dinner.

Exercise today is 1 hour of serious muscle burn.... (combo class of cardio,pilates, and weight lifting--ouch!!!)

Thanks for this extra motivation, you guys are helping me to get back in the groove!!!!

Oh, and the good news? I am down a pound! 8 lbs to Onederland, folks!!! 8!!!!