Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all :) I hope everyone is doing GREAT.. I am so happy to finally be on regular solid foods .. I went grocery shopping this evening though and was there for 2 hrs and left with only 2 bags.. lol

I am having a hard time choosing things to eat. I know Protein first... but like.. how much fat is too much fat in Protein? Like .. should i be trying to stay under 10 grams of fat? or under 50 fat calories? Under a certain amt of carbs per serving? .. I know I should try to stay under 30g carbs a day.. but man .. it was almost harder then mushy foods today!!

I think I am over thinking it....... any help??

Example items I bought today:

Turkey Bologna

Green Beans (frozen)

Carrots (frozen)

Mixed veggies (frozen)

Jennie O Lean turkey burgers

Tilapia

Turkey (lunch meat)

I guess my question is.. for example.. the Lean Turkey burgers have like 8grams of fat and 25 fat calories.. is that too much? I guess our servings are going to be smaller than the package servings.. I didnt think about that while i was there... anyways.. help :)

<3 Thanks!!

I think you are WAY overthinking it!! I don't worry about fat in my Protein at all!! My plan does not require me to count carbs, calories, fat or anything. I do count calories, but that is about it!

Here is a little list of what I eat mostly:

Tuna-canned

Salmon-grilled and broiled

Tri-Tip -grilled

Chicken-grilled and canned

Hamburger/Turkeyburgers

Foster Farms Meatballs

Salmon Burgers

Crab Cakes

Eggs-boiled, scrambled

Cheese-all varietys

Lunchmeat sliced thin w/ laughing cow cheese spread on it

Almonds

Beef/Turkey Jerky

Pure Protein Bars

Peanut Butter-Simply Jif

I am sure there is more, but this should give you a good idea of some things to try! You can also make tuna/chicken salad. YUMMM! You need to have fat in your diet. Fat burns fat. You can't do low cal, low carb, low fat. That is not possible. Just focus on your Protein for now!

Kelly :P

I think you are WAY overthinking it!! I don't worry about fat in my Protein at all!! My plan does not require me to count carbs, calories, fat or anything. I do count calories, but that is about it!

Here is a little list of what I eat mostly:

Tuna-canned

Salmon-grilled and broiled

Tri-Tip -grilled

Chicken-grilled and canned

Hamburger/Turkeyburgers

Foster Farms Meatballs

Salmon Burgers

Crab Cakes

Eggs-boiled, scrambled

Cheese-all varietys

Lunchmeat sliced thin w/ laughing cow cheese spread on it

Almonds

Beef/Turkey Jerky

Pure Protein Bars

Peanut Butter-Simply Jif

I am sure there is more, but this should give you a good idea of some things to try! You can also make tuna/chicken salad. YUMMM! You need to have fat in your diet. Fat burns fat. You can't do low cal, low carb, low fat. That is not possible. Just focus on your Protein for now!

Kelly :P

Thank you Kelly!! Man.. this must be why i hit a stop in my weight loss.. even though I have been exercising and drinking and all that....... I been trying to do low carb low fat .. low everything lol .. thank you for this list!

Where do you get the foster farm meatballs and the salmon burgers??

Thank you Kelly!! Man.. this must be why i hit a stop in my weight loss.. even though I have been exercising and drinking and all that....... I been trying to do low carb low fat .. low everything lol .. thank you for this list!

Where do you get the foster farm meatballs and the salmon burgers??

Yes, I think you are being to hard on yourself!!biggrin.gif

it is hard to do low-fat AND low-carb. You would be counting grams of everything constantly...lol.

Good luck. It sounds like you are going to do great!

don't forget eggs or shrimp. Both are low in fat and carbs.

Don't stress yourself out, just focus on Protein and lower carb stuff, I don't worry about the rest. I do keep up with calories, but mostly because the trackers that I use, when I log my foods, show all of it, and I am curious. But I mostly work on the protein and getting 70-80 grams or more of it in. If you eat protein first, not much room for anything else anyway. Congrats on getting to solids, it is so much better in this stage!!

:)

Don't stress yourself out, just focus on Protein and lower carb stuff, I don't worry about the rest. I do keep up with calories, but mostly because the trackers that I use, when I log my foods, show all of it, and I am curious. But I mostly work on the Protein and getting 70-80 grams or more of it in. If you eat protein first, not much room for anything else anyway. Congrats on getting to solids, it is so much better in this stage!!

:)

I feel so much more free now! Lol its like I dont have to pack my food everywhere I go.. I can actually enjoy a day out lol .. Im gonna start watching carbs and stop counting the freakin fat in everything. Leaner choices of course but im not gonna get stressed over oven roasted turkey or honey smoked turkey... Its silly! Lol thanks ladies!

The Foster Farms Meatballs are sold in the frozen food section of the store. Like maybe witht the other meatballs or bags of frozen meat. Probably frozen meatballs. They have italian and homestyle. The homestyle is better I think.

YUMMY!! 3 of them have like 16g of Protein and 2 1/2 is all I can hold at once.You will love them. Get some!!

kelly :D

The Foster Farms Meatballs are sold in the frozen food section of the store. Like maybe witht the other meatballs or bags of frozen meat. Probably frozen meatballs. They have italian and homestyle. The homestyle is better I think.

YUMMY!! 3 of them have like 16g of Protein and 2 1/2 is all I can hold at once.You will love them. Get some!!

I love those meatballs. They are an easy as bfast, lunch, or dinner. I can eat three and I'm stuffed...no room for any junk :)