Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved yesterday and just got home

I'm thinking that I must have chosen to ignore any stories that told of excruciating pain. I guess I was in denial that I would be one of them. Oh my goodness!! The pain I was in yesterday was 1000 times worse than anything I expected. Today is better, but the gas pain got worse on the ride home (90 minutes). I'm trying to walk. I walked several 'laps' around the hospital which helped, but it's gotten worse again. I'm very bloated and sore. I'm really hoping that tomorrow will be better than today. :(

It's no fun. But it will get better. Just follow your doctor's orders and you'll be bouncing back in no time! Congrats on getting sleeved. Welcome to the loser's bench!

I'm thinking that I must have chosen to ignore any stories that told of excruciating pain. I guess I was in denial that I would be one of them. Oh my goodness!! The pain I was in yesterday was 1000 times worse than anything I expected. Today is better, but the gas pain got worse on the ride home (90 minutes). I'm trying to walk. I walked several 'laps' around the hospital which helped, but it's gotten worse again. I'm very bloated and sore. I'm really hoping that tomorrow will be better than today. :(

Sorry you are having such a tough time. Remember to sip, rest and walk. Those first couple of days can be ugly. Chin up and no regrets, okay?

Thanks for the encouragement. I hate to come across as so negative, but I really wasn't prepared for this, even though all I did preop was read and watch videos. Thanks again.

The negativity is all apart of the process, bit remember it's all temporary. In a week or two youre gonna look back and laugh it off

Ok so when do you know you're I too much pain? What if somethings really wrong and you are thinking his is just part of it. At what point should you contact someone???

Congrats on being sleeved!! Sorry you're in pain, they say first 4-5 days is the worst. Hope you feel better soon!!

I'm feeling better now that I got my pain meds down. It was painful going down, but I feel soooo much better now. I've had about 2/3 of a popsicle, my pain meds, and I've almost finished a sf hot chocolate. I think I'll try some Protein later. I was planning to just focus on liquids and not worry about Protein today, but I may be able to get some down later.

I've been walking to help with the operative gasses and the gas-x strips are helping with the digestive gasses so, although still difficult, it's already looking up slightly. :)

I was ignoring the pain stuff too! It was aweful. I am three days out now and feel much better! I hope you recover soon.

What a difference a day makes!! I was feeling soooo horribly this morning. I couldn't stop crying, I was in so much pain. Well who would have thought pain meds would put an end to that! lol I've been a whole new person since I took my liquid loritab!! I've been laughing with my children and conversational. I'm already glad I'm a sleever!! :D

Hi, for the Gas pain send someone to Wal-Mart or a drug store or a grocery store and have them buy you 2 boxes of GAS-X--the strips that melt on your tongue--much easier than trying to take a pill and they work faster. When you get them, use 3 or 4 at one time it is OK to do that. They will work wonders for you and get rid of the gas pain. You are bloated from the gas. I am shocked that you had surgery and are home already. You must have had it done in the US.

You should have been given some pain meds too--call and find out where you pain meds are. I hope this helps you. Keep me posted. GET the GAS-X RIGHT away! It will really help.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Hi, for the Gas pain send someone to Wal-Mart or a drug store or a grocery store and have them buy you 2 boxes of GAS-X--the strips that melt on your tongue--much easier than trying to take a pill and they work faster. When you get them, use 3 or 4 at one time it is OK to do that. They will work wonders for you and get rid of the gas pain. You are bloated from the gas. I am shocked that you had surgery and are home already. You must have had it done in the US.

You should have been given some pain meds too--call and find out where you pain meds are. I hope this helps you. Keep me posted. GET the GAS-X RIGHT away! It will really help.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne! Yes I'm in the US. I did get pain meds. I just thought I was tough enough not to need them....I was wrong!! I needed them very much!! I had dh pick up some gas x last night, but I've only used one at a time. They've definitely helped, so I think I'll at least double up on them. Passing gas through my sleeve...not fun even with pain medicine, but bearable. Thanks for your input and support!

Please excuse my ignorance.....this is all new to me.....How do you pass gas through your sleeve?

Thanks Suzanne! Yes I'm in the US. I did get pain meds. I just thought I was tough enough not to need them....I was wrong!! I needed them very much!! I had dh pick up some gas x last night, but I've only used one at a time. They've definitely helped, so I think I'll at least double up on them. Passing gas through my sleeve...not fun even with pain medicine, but bearable. Thanks for your input and support!

((((((((HUGS))))))))) to you! I was in awful pain too for the first day and a half & I was extremely nauseous on top of it! I'm so glad you got the lortab in you & have started to get rid of the gas...the walking helps soooo much to get things moving again! Good luck on your sleeve and keep us updated! You sound like you've got everything under control now, very impressive for going home so soon after surgery!

I'll keep you in my prayers! Happy healing!

Please excuse my ignorance.....this is all new to me.....How do you pass gas through your sleeve?

Through burping and hiccuping...or at least that's what I'm referring too ;)