Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my big day!!!

So happy you r ok and able to start on the liquids. Keep us updated on your progress!

Khy

Going home today!! YAY! Still really sore on the left side. But I got up and to the bathroom by myself. Drinking well. Not having any nausea. Just really ready to be home now. Thankful my doctor is so understanding! I would suggest her to anyone in the DFW area!!

Hi kids, just a little update. I came home today! YAY! Recovery is much more comfortable from home, but oh how I wish I had an adjustable bed! Still having a lot of incision pain from the left side. Cannot stand up straight at all yet. I'm getting around better, back and forth to the bathroom on my own. I'm taking in liquids fine, and even completed a whole Protein shake in about 6 hours! I think I may just get this to work!!!'

I wanted to thank everyone for their will wishes and encouragement!! It's a learning process, that's for sure!!!!

It's great that you are home now! I know what you mean about wanting an adjustable bed. Do you have a recliner? That's what I have been using. I found that I would rotate between the bed and the recliner - especially when I would wake up feeling like I couldn't breathe - I would sit in the recliner for a while and end up falling asleep that way. Sounds like you're doing well!

Sweetdreams, sounds like things are going well for you. I'm so excited for you. Congratulations.

Hi kids, just a little update. I came home today! YAY! Recovery is much more comfortable from home, but oh how I wish I had an adjustable bed! Still having a lot of incision pain from the left side. Cannot stand up straight at all yet. I'm getting around better, back and forth to the bathroom on my own. I'm taking in liquids fine, and even completed a whole Protein shake in about 6 hours! I think I may just get this to work!!!'

I wanted to thank everyone for their will wishes and encouragement!! It's a learning process, that's for sure!!!!

I don't have a recliner any more, but I wish I did!! We've managed to make it through the night........ somehow, although I feel tired a lot. I do have a bit over stuffed chair I'm tempted to have my bf or one of the boys pull out, but it might be a pain to get out from where it is. Does everyone have this intense pain on the left side???

I know others have complained about pain in their left side....but I don't know about intense though. I hope you found a comfy spot!!! I'm thinking about putting lots of pillows in my oversized chair and propping my self in it instead of recliner....the pillows to make it easier to get out of. I have a recliner but it is upstairs....I don't think I want to deal with going up there and it is hot up there anyway and kid zone :P. How are you feeling this afternoon?

I was really tired until day 3 when I could have "full liquids and pureed food". As soon as I started eating something pureed, I started feeling a whole lot better and more awake.

I do have a bit of pain on the left side - right around the incision that looks the worst - but it's not intense. It bothered me in the hospital right after I woke up, but then they gave me some pain medication and I didn't feel it anymore. Since being released, I haven't had any pain medication and today it has started "tingling" a bit - especially when I have a bowel movement (I also had diarrhea hit again today). I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse.

I've had constant pain. From the minute I woke up in recovery. I'm eating a bit of Jello now, had half a scrambled egg earlier. I just came home yesterday afternoon so I know I'm not dehydrated! It feels like being kicked in the stomach really hard, it's sort of a pulling sensation. I've had some gas pain, am having some now actually, but, I'm only 3 days out, and read that some others have had it worse, and some better. I'm sure it's like anything else we have to each go at this differently I guess.

Day 5~ Still have significant pain on the left side. Hade my JP drain removed yesterday by the surgeon. That helped a bit, but I still hurt really bad. Still having to take pain meds fairly regularly. The upside, I'm having no other issues. Gas has not been a problem, Everything I drink or eat is staying down easily. If I could just get past this dang pain in my left side I'd be AWESOME! I was supposed to go back to work today, but called and told them there was no way I could manage it. Hope everyone else that was sleeved last week are having less issues than me!!!