Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my big day!!!

It's finally here! I found out that my date the 3rd week of June, and the time has been DRAGGGGGGING by! Here it is, tomorrow morning I check into the hospital at 5:15. Surgery is at 7:15. I'm a big ol' bundle of nerves right now. I've packed my essentials and am ready to go! Here's to everything going perfectly!!!

I bet you'll be just fine!!!!

The good news is you're almost there!! You've made it and will be on to the next part of your journey soon. Good luck tomorrow!

Sweetdreams, I am excited for you!! It will be just fine. You will be so glad to have the surgery and well on the way to recovery. I am 6 weeks out now and doing swell! Keep us posted on your progress and know that I along with others on the website are cheering you on to a successful recovery! Take care!! :D Ronda

Yahoo! Your new life starts tomorrow. Very excited for you!

Sweetdreams... YYYYYYEeeeeeaaaaahhhh for you! I'm sure everything is going to go just fine! Try not to stress tonight and get enough rest so that you're feeling good in the am! Take a long warm bubble bath and relax in the tub for a while, shave your legs (or whatever) and just do all the things you won't feel like doing for the next week or so... From my personal experience, I can tell you that even if you MIGHT feel like death warmed over for the first few days, you gotta walk and you gotta sip, and use that stupid spirometer thingy to exercise your lungs! After the third or fourth day things started falling into place nicely and now I only have a few little things bothering me! But then again, you might have a picture perfect experience, and that is what I'll be praying that you have!!!

Good Luck!!

Sweetdreams... YYYYYYEeeeeeaaaaahhhh for you! I'm sure everything is going to go just fine! Try not to stress tonight and get enough rest so that you're feeling good in the am! Take a long warm bubble bath and relax in the tub for a while, shave your legs (or whatever) and just do all the things you won't feel like doing for the next week or so... From my personal experience, I can tell you that even if you MIGHT feel like death warmed over for the first few days, you gotta walk and you gotta sip, and use that stupid spirometer thingy to exercise your lungs! After the third or fourth day things started falling into place nicely and now I only have a few little things bothering me! But then again, you might have a picture perfect experience, and that is what I'll be praying that you have!!!

Good Luck!!

Thank you Wendy! I'm usually pretty good with surgery. I was up and at 'em after each of my last 2 C-Sections because I learned my lesson from the first one! Even after my hysterectomy/hernia repair/tummy tuck, I was only really down for about a week, and would have been fine after that if I hadn't had further complications. So overall, I'm an awesome surgical candidate! I just KNOW this is going to be AWESOME!!!!

Thank you EVERYONE for your well wishes! I will be updating as soon as I can. I only have to stay one night at the hospital (hopefully) so I will update once I'm home if I can't while I'm there! About to be on the losers bench!!!!

Take care, follow the Dr.'s instructions, relax and have sweet dreams!

Khy

Surgery was yesterday morning. It took about an hour and a half. I was in recovery for a long while, because my room wasn't ready. I've had a lot of incision pain, and gas pain.I've been NPO since I had surgery. They did my leak test at 9:30 this morning. Waiting for the doc to okay some ice chips. Nausea only got bad once, but no vomiting. Thank goodness!

Glad to hear your doing ok. Hope you got your ice chips and more today.

I'm a ding dong.. I Updated on the July Master List! Here is the post~ Update... After double checking my blood levels, blood sugar, and doing my leak test, no bleeders were found. The surgeon came in to let me know that she did irrigate me quite a bit during surgery because I did bleed a lot, but not at a dangerous level, and she feels that that is what is draining off. The amount, and frequency of draining has lessened considerably today. I've walked a bit, and am sitting up in a chair now. They started me on Isopure at about 2PM. So I'm finally no longer NPO! My gas pain still hasn't been bad, and I haven't had hardly any nausea. The incision on my left side burns like hellfire when I stand or even move though! Thank you all for your kid words and thoughts and prayers! LaVale, I'm sorry we won't have our surgiversary together too! But I do hope they get you in and done SOON!!