Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DeLarla's BIG Day!!!

I know I needed lots of naps during my recovery - as soon as I got home from work, I'd strip down and lay on the couch and promptly fall asleep.

This is a common reaction to surgery, so don't feel as though you are suddenly being very lazy. Your body is using a ton of resources to heal, and sleeping frees up the energy needed to do more important things.

Remember that animals have that innate knowledge of how to take care of themselves when they're hurt - they hide under the bed and sleep until they're better.

I couldn't fit under my bed, so I settled for the couch... lol :cool:

Hiya DeLarla... soooooo glad to hear that you are feeling a wee bit better and that you are staying home for some much needed healing/rest. Having the upper respiratory infection and freshly banded... sounds like a recipe for veggin out to me! Get well soon! ;-)

Hey Delarla! Girl I know what you are going through.I sleeped three days after I got home. Now I have gained my energy back.SO it is housr work time:think I think I did 7 loads of wash yesterday.Today I have about 3 more to go and I will be caught up.Anyway take it easy and enjoy the rest.

Joyce

4/28/04 banded

I took a nice walk and went to the store. As soon as I catch up with e-mail I'm laying down with my dogs & Water bottle. See you guys later... gosh, wish I could burp.

Donali made me laugh again. Ouch. I can't fit under my bed either. Trying to smile ha ha with green gagging look.

Just want to say Congratulations, take it easy and Welcome to the other side.

Glad everything went well last week, good to know your back and banded.

Delarla,

I'm glad your surgery went well and that you should be feeling a lot better soon. Just wanted to tell you to try Gas X tablets for the uncomfortable "gota burp" feeling. Also keep a heating pad on whatever part hurts. It helps alot! And I'm sure you already know to walk as much as possible.

I'm off in a little while for a check up appointment at my surgeon. I've not been a fast loser and it's my fault. I'm eating things I shouldn't or things that are easy going down. My head tells me I'm hungry and that stinks. I haven't been exercising either and I hope that will change with the nice weather we've been having finally. But I'm still thrilled that I had this surgery and I'm sure you will be too!

Hi Vera and Chris (genuinely excited to seee you!)

Today was a wee better. I took a nice walk then a 2 hour nap, and I never, ever nap. I'm still in this morning's jammies. My friend gave me a heating pad yesterday. I don't put it on my incisions, but I lay with it to bring comfort to my back and shoulders, and it really helps a lot. Gas X does nothing for me. I've tried it. My other friend brought me some prescription cough medicine. I'm in good hands. I wish I had family to talk to, but they're all Fruit-Loops. All you guys know about my surgery, and I've told my closest friends, but I haven't even shared it with my own sister or brother. I'd tell my sister, but she's the mouth of Hollywood and she'd broadcast it to my entire paranoid family. Most of my family are those "that could kill you" folks. My grandmother wouldn't allow a wooden gun in the house because it could kill you. My mother won't drink out of plastic cups cause it could kill you. If they knew I went to TJ for surgery.......................h o l y s m o k e.

Delarla you are a riot I enjoy reading your comments so much it puts a smile on my face i am so excited for you by next week you will start feeling great. Good luck with the gas it is a pain in the ass ha ha! Ginny

Most of my family are those "that could kill you" folks.

lol My BF told me about the "or worse" folks...

"You could be killed. Or worse..." Be sure to say the "Or worse..." part in a hushed, awe-filled, terror-inspired whisper. That always cracked him up - in his opinion, being dead was the worse thing that could happen...

Donali, Anybody, help!

My wound has been draining all night. Neither the coordinator or the nurse have returned my calls since last night.

My friend who had gallbladder surgery said it's normal. He described the same kind of liquid. He said if it doesn't drain, it will be absorbed into the body.

It's comiing from the far left side of my port incision, so at least it's not my port. It's thick like Karo Syrup and just a little pink. The stains on my white shirt look a little yellow.

It's not infected liquid. It's clear. Someone please respond. I've got it all bandaged up and I'm at work.

Help please!

Breathe, breathe!

I know it's freaky, but this drainage is not unusual. I didn't have it with my original surgery, but my port revision surgery drained horribly for about a week.

There is an amazing amount of Fluid that can come out of there, so you may want to keep it covered with something absorbant to protect your clothing/sheets.

My port site actually was sore, although not infected, and I found expressing the Fluid out manually helped with that part. The fluid must have been building up inside a pocket.

As long as it is clear (mostly clear, a clearish orange), there is no infection and not to worry.

However, if the incision becomes hot, or the fluid starts to thicken-up and look more like pus, a visit to your doc is in order.

I knew I could count on you. I just got off the phone with my doc. She said she'd help if Mexico doesn't call back. I'm very disappointed that the clinic promised 24 hour emergency service, yet I've left 3 messages since last night and nobody's called me back.

I spoke with the nurse a few days ago because my port area was red and hot and inflammed. She said to call back if it got worse. The size of the area of inflamation has decreased, but it's still red. However, it's no worse.

And I was manually expressing some of the stuff myself. My instinct told me it was just gross junk trying to get out. But the leak is causing that left part of the incision to stay moist and therefore not close.

I read about weeping on the internet and they said seek med attention asap. But my liquid is clear/pink/orange, so for now I think I'm okay.

It drained all last night into my white t-shirt. I have it all bandaged up now but want to take the bandages off to let it drain now that you've explained it... but I'm at work and wouldn't be able to type.

Keep sending that "breathe breathe" stuff cuz I'm prone to anxiety attacks. Last night I thought I was going to feint over the drainage, but it's just panic. Thank you so much.

Oh my goodness - are you a fainter, too?!?!

I fainted once sitting on the toilet, reading a magazine article about varicose veins. My legs had gone to sleep, and apparently the article was very descriptive. :) My poor little mind couldn't handle it, and shut down. Lights out! Nite-nite! lol

Woke up on the floor of the bathroom, my pants around my ankles, nose to nose with the baseboard.

I must have created quite a crash, 'cause I heard Mom calling, "Are you alright in there?" lol

I think there's a post somewhere around here about my last fill, and the concussion I got when I fainted from a standing position with the fill needle hanging out of my port...

:D

Hey - maybe I'm related to those cute little fainting goats?!?! lol

I don't recall having diarrhea - just painful burps. Those went away by the end of week two for me.

And except for the painful burps, I don't recall having gas...

Either I didn't have it, or my CRS syndrome is acting up... (can't remember sh%t).

That WAS over a year ago for me... I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for lunch yesterday... :D